• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Sunday Should Be Fun

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6HO0cyeiQ]Ndamukong Suh dirty plays? - YouTube[/ame]

Get ready for a few personal fouls.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" and he kicked him in the nuts and called him faggot in front everyone"

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fines are getting steep, which is good to see.
$20,000 doesn't really get his attention, but you would think that $100,000 would.

Sit him a game, sit him two games, ... strike three -YOU'RE OUT! -The rest of the current season, and all of next.
The following year, three strike rule again, with the third strike being a permanent ban.
That would send the right message.

Of course, an opposing team's player could take him out any time now...

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fines are getting steep, which is good to see.
$20,000 doesn't really get his attention, but you would think that $100,000 would.

Sit him a game, sit him two games, ... strike three -YOU'RE OUT! -The rest of the current season, and all of next.
The following year, three strike rule again, with the third strike being a permanent ban.
That would send the right message.

Of course, an opposing team's player could take him out any time now...

I often suspected that would happen sooner or later. But damn, the Lions are such a dirty team. I hate when the Bears have to play them.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin, 40 years ago he would be deemed a good player. Not sticking up for or condoning anything he's done. Guess his old man showed him tapes on how the game is, ah, was played and he took it to heart. He'll continue contributing to the Goodell fund. Like they say tigers can't change their stripes.
Just hope Long has something special for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin, 40 years ago he would be deemed a good player. Not sticking up for or condoning anything he's done. Guess his old man showed him tapes on how the game is, ah, was played and he took it to heart. He'll continue contributing to the Goodell fund. Like they say tigers can't change their stripes.

There's certain things I wish we still had back about old school players like Butkus, Deacon Jones, etc...

However, kicking players in the balls and stomping on them while they lay helplessly on the ground after the whistle blows probably isn't on that list.

There's a couple of things that Suh has done that wouldn't have been accepted at any time in football.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I'm not saying Suh is a bad player. He is frickin awesome. I just wish he wasn't such a dick.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's certain things I wish we still had back about old school players like Butkus, Deacon Jones, etc...

However, kicking players in the balls and stomping on them while they lay helplessly on the ground after the whistle blows probably isn't on that list.

There's a couple of things that Suh has done that wouldn't have been accepted at any time in football.

Yet, that was pretty normal 30+ years ago. If you care to look at Butkus highlights you will see him tackle a guy exactly like Suh tackled that one QB, basically took him down by his head, bear hugs his head and rips him down. Grabbing, kicking in inappropriate places, choking in the piles, the clothes line were all common place. IF you think Sue is the first NFL player to stomp on someone go check old NFL films on youtube. So yea, 30+ years ago, all pretty normal play, except most everyone was doing it.

Look at Hartenstein's spear of Ron Jaworski on a Monday Night game, still one of the hardest QB hits I've ever seen. Or recall Fencik and Plank playing the S for the Bears, these guys were spear happy, head first all play every play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Nebraska native and a lifelong Husker fan, I feel like I have to stand up for Suh. It's getting more and more difficult to do however. There is a fine line between playing balls out and then being dirty. I think part of the problem is that Suh is so big and powerful that every little thing he does is under the microscope.

I would love a guy with his energy and his motor on my team. I remember watching him in college and he would always play to the whistle. You could always find him running down running backs, or receivers 20 yards down field from the line of scrimmage. The man is a beast, he just needs to tip toe that line a little more carefully. I do think that $100,000 fine is a little steep though.

And regardless of how you feel about Suh on the field, the guy is a stand up person off the field from all recent accounts. He has donated millions of dollars back to the University of Nebraska and does lots of charity work around the city of Detroit. Either that or he is one hell of a con artist!

Go Bears
Go Big Red

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Suh has done one WWF ( I say F not E because it was better as F) move on Cutler that most of us have some problem with. I got a feeling if one of our rookies gets taken out by him sunday the tone will change. The one thing I think we all know, Long is not gonna back down. Long is being very mature and not giving Suh any bulletin board quotes, but if Suh goes dirty on any bear this weekend I believe Kyle is gonna be all over him. I think I am gonna pay more attention to the line play this sunday than I ever have.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, that was pretty normal 30+ years ago. If you care to look at Butkus highlights you will see him tackle a guy exactly like Suh tackled that one QB, basically took him down by his head, bear hugs his head and rips him down. Grabbing, kicking in inappropriate places, choking in the piles, the clothes line were all common place. IF you think Sue is the first NFL player to stomp on someone go check old NFL films on youtube. So yea, 30+ years ago, all pretty normal play, except most everyone was doing it.

Look at Hartenstein's spear of Ron Jaworski on a Monday Night game, still one of the hardest QB hits I've ever seen. Or recall Fencik and Plank playing the S for the Bears, these guys were spear happy, head first all play every play.

I've seen the Butkus highlights you speak of and know the play well where he snaps the Browns RB's head.

I am well aware of what used to happen in the NFL. However, acting like it was ALL THE TIME, or EVERY PLAY is just untrue. It just feels like that because those things are so glorified when that era is talked about. Old guys going "back in my day...". The truth is, that while it was easier to get away with that kind of stuff back then, most of the time stomping someone after the whistle would have drawn a flag.

C

cubzzzfanincali

while Suh is clearly dirty by today's standards, I like the fact that he is basically one of the last vestiges of the old nasty NFL it used to be. Enjoy it folks, the increasing diaperization of football means his style won't last much longer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Nebraska native and a lifelong Husker fan, I feel like I have to stand up for Suh. It's getting more and more difficult to do however. There is a fine line between playing balls out and then being dirty. I think part of the problem is that Suh is so big and powerful that every little thing he does is under the microscope.

I would love a guy with his energy and his motor on my team. I remember watching him in college and he would always play to the whistle. You could always find him running down running backs, or receivers 20 yards down field from the line of scrimmage. The man is a beast, he just needs to tip toe that line a little more carefully. I do think that $100,000 fine is a little steep though.

And regardless of how you feel about Suh on the field, the guy is a stand up person off the field from all recent accounts. He has donated millions of dollars back to the University of Nebraska and does lots of charity work around the city of Detroit. Either that or he is one hell of a con artist!

Go Bears
Go Big Red

That really means very little. I'm not saying he's not a good guy. However, charities, donations, etc... are something that is a lot of times suggested by publicists and PR management. All it means for Suh, is that he didn't say "no" when they asked him to do charity work that would also benefit him down the line.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really means very little. I'm not saying he's not a good guy. However, charities, donations, etc... are something that is a lot of times suggested by publicists and PR management. All it means for Suh, is that he didn't say "no" when they asked him to do charity work that would also benefit him down the line.

You may very well be right. But I don't think a PR or management person told him he has to donate $2.6 million to the University before he even played a single down in the NFL. I'm biased becuase he was one of the greatest of all times at Nebraska. I still hope he loses on Sunday though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may very well be right. But I don't think a PR or management person told him he has to donate $2.6 million to the University before he even played a single down in the NFL. I'm biased becuase he was one of the greatest of all times at Nebraska. I still hope he loses on Sunday though.

Fair enough. I mean, I'm sure he's not a bad guy.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting for an o lineman to take him out. I dont hope somebody does it, but i cant help but think that someone is going to take a major cheap shot at him. The thing is the guy is a great fucking player. He doesnt have to do dirty shit to fuck with people, he can just line up and beat you. Still refuses to just play by the rules, and the fines are going to keep coming and increasing.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess I was just trying to say, 40 years ago players actually hated their opponent. And dirty play was the norm. It was also far more entertaining than todays game.
I remember a Bear running out of bounds & falling down. He was immediately attacked by 3 ( at the time ) St. Louis Cardinals. All 3 whaling kick after kick. If I believe right , there was no penalty called.
Not a Suh fan. Just saying he would have fit in better 40 years ago.