• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this series x factor

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
has to be if the devils want to move on

gionta...having that speed on the 4th line if he finds himself out there against rupp and prust should do some damage..not score on every chance but just making sure they have to be aware of him and not able to take a shift off because its our 4th line will go a long way.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty playing the puck will be huge too. Rangers like to dump, chase, cycle down low. He gets the puck going the other way with less wear and tear on our D corps. At the same time, the Rangers have seen marty as much as any team in the league, so they'll know this. It will be interesting to see how this series goes. The last few games against the Rags it seemed like the enforcers were setting the tone. Obviously, our enforcers shouldn't be sniffing the lineup.

Like cup said though, the most important factor will be the bottom two lines. They'll see the least amount of time against Girardi and McDonagh, and when they do happen to be out there, can they help wear them down. I'd be really surprised to see the 5 on 5 possession remain so dominant for the Devils. Hopefully we can get some big performances from the big guns on the PP.

Final Note: The rangers are going to trap the shit out of us, so sticking to our game plan of forcing turnovers in their end will be HUMANGOUS (note clever Bryz reference). Need to strike fast too Rangers system is much harder to stick to if you're trailing. Clarkson and Kovalchuk seem to give Henrik some trouble. Parise not so much. FIngers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My x factor eh?

Would have to go with Marty. I think Marty needs to play vintage Marty and not have any letdowns or mental farts back there. I don't wanna hear from him that not seeing many shots makes him cold and stiff. Goalies would kill to have a defense like NJ right now, severely limiting the opponents chances. Make the stops and start planting seeds of doubt and frustration into the Rangers head.

This series I believe the Rags will come out strong and aggressive because they feel they have the leverage over us due the regular season. One way to correct that or change that mindset is to start making them nervous and tire out.

Go Devils!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its Marty. You know Henrik will be Henrik. Marty will need to play his best series so far. Also, his puck playing skills will be huge against the Rangers.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys like Gionta and the other 3rd and 4th liners will have to continue to play like the first 2 rounds.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper the Devs are def the deeper team..the 4th line its no comparison. If we shutdown the Rags 1st line then I cant see how they score enough goals to beat us even if Henrik continues to be Marty-like in goal.

If the goalie matchup is even close to being a wash then it gives us a huge edge.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post analysis of the series for X factor.

4th line - yep

Marty - yep

Henrique - not individually mentioned but big yep! He was part of that 3rd line until changes were made with bringing in JJ....who did a great job himself coming back in from an injury

Whole Team working hard and buying into the coaching staff's style.......another big yep.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
check
check
check

bring on the kings baby!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
new xfactor thread