• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This must happen

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Clowney, he should be our number one priority in this offseason, gotta look him up long term...

He's very important to the defense, so I'm sure he'll be a priority signing. I do have some misgivings about investing too much in him though. This was a contract year and surprise surprise he has a career season of sorts. Kind of feel a drop off is bound to happen. Hope I'm wrong, but that is my concern.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very important to the defense, so I'm sure he'll be a priority signing. I do have some misgivings about investing too much in him though. This was a contract year and surprise surprise he has a career season of sorts. Kind of feel a drop off is bound to happen. Hope I'm wrong, but that is my concern.

I hear ya... hopefully that won't happen... we need a good healthy Clowney, and another pass rusher opposite of him..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya... hopefully that won't happen... we need a good healthy Clowney, and another pass rusher opposite of him..

Amen to that, but this is where we butt up against the NFL design to keep the league competitive by the draft order. How to find a stud pass rusher while your picking from the left overs. The obvious stud pass rushers will surely get swooped up leaving teams like the Seahawks to find some over looked gem. Sure could happen, likely some team finds one after the obvious ones get drafted, but some luck involved with that. Hopefully that lucky team is the Seahawks. Think they are due to hit on some picks, even if they are near the end of the round. Let it happen!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that, but this is where we butt up against the NFL design to keep the league competitive by the draft order. How to find a stud pass rusher while your picking from the left overs. The obvious stud pass rushers will surely get swooped up leaving teams like the Seahawks to find some over looked gem. Sure could happen, likely some team finds one after the obvious ones get drafted, but some luck involved with that. Hopefully that lucky team is the Seahawks. Think they are due to hit on some picks, even if they are near the end of the round. Let it happen!

Any possibilities in free agency ? I haven't looked over the league just yet as far as free agents... Ziggy they better not resign, he was a HUGE disappointment...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any possibilities in free agency ? I haven't looked over the league just yet as far as free agents... Ziggy they better not resign, he was a HUGE disappointment...

Yannick Ngakoue
Robert Quinn
Shaq Lawson
Jason Pierre-Paul
Arik Armstead

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list, who would you prefer if you had a choice ?

Ngakoue would be my favorite, though I expect that his potential of repeating a 10+ sack season and never having less than 8 (as well as being only 25) will mean he'll command a hefty salary.

Quinn would be serviceable and cheaper, but its only a matter of time before he declines.

Lawson is young, and so a possible long term solution, but he doesn't have the track record.

Armstead will be expensive, and may not reach free agency (also technically plays 3-4 DE.

Pierre-Paul is probably my least favorite, still not sure how he's still in this league, but he's still gotten 21 sacks over the least 2 years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ngakoue would be my favorite, though I expect that his potential of repeating a 10+ sack season and never having less than 8 (as well as being only 25) will mean he'll command a hefty salary.

Quinn would be serviceable and cheaper, but its only a matter of time before he declines.

Lawson is young, and so a possible long term solution, but he doesn't have the track record.

Armstead will be expensive, and may not reach free agency (also technically plays 3-4 DE.

Pierre-Paul is probably my least favorite, still not sure how he's still in this league, but he's still gotten 21 sacks over the least 2 years.

Armstead unless he gets the franchise tag will most likely be a FA. 9ers have deals for Buckner and Kittle looming and you just can't pour that much money into one position group or it'll really hurt you elsewhere.

There is some buyer beware on him because while he's talented I do think he's been boosted from the guys around him and teams are focusing their attention more on Buckner and Bosa than Armstead.

Also you're getting a guy that does have a history of being banged up and those kinds of guys do make me nervous to sign since they are more likely to be banged up than it just being a couple cases of bad luck.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think quinn would be a good pickup, probably cheaper than the rest and the best pure pass rusher.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get both.