• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is who we are...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is West Virginia basketball.

Lost 3 out of the last 4.

Huggs is exasperated...

Exasperated Huggins Looking for Answers

"I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm doing the best I can," he said. "I've watched more daggone film of us and them since I've been back. I sit at home in my office and watch three or four games before I go into my office. I can't sleep, to be honest. This stuff drives me crazy. We just got to figure out a way to get better.

At least we know it’s not our HOF coaches fault. The players aren’t committed. These losses are their fault.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are to soft and stupid, the problem is not that hard to see. They need to get tuff and take it to the board, play inside. Smash the opponent and let them know they are going to get bruised if they get in the way. Huggins needs to recruit a dominant center. You would think a future hall of fame coach with his ability could get some smarter recruits. Oh how I miss being Pitsnogeled

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems as though the team chemistry has been changed since Esa came back....embarrassing losing like that on national TV. The bright side it could just be me but TCU always seems to have the best looking cheerleaders, maybe that makes a distraction, like the bot trying to impress the pretty girl on the playground....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what or why it is but I have never watch a team run offense and end up taking so many low percentage shots...hardly ever square to the basket, seem to always be taking the shots off balance or do not seem to move the ball quick enough to create space for a an uncontested shot...

Is this the players not running the offense right or is this a HC thing...I know what DAD would say...god for bid if it could be the Coach.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are to soft and stupid, the problem is not that hard to see. They need to get tuff and take it to the board, play inside. Smash the opponent and let them know they are going to get bruised if they get in the way. Huggins needs to recruit a dominant center. You would think a future hall of fame coach with his ability could get some smarter recruits. Oh how I miss being Pitsnogeled

Agree on being too soft and it starts with Carter. We needed points bad late and instead of taking it to the hole to get an easy baskett or draw a foul... he shoots one from near the scorers table :L.
TCU was having a great time going inside and making 3 point plays by getting ticky tack calls from the refs. Hey they are gonna call em anyway, draw blood, quit being soft.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU does have some fine looking young ladies. The camera had a true attraction for one of the beauties. Thank god he was able to find her. It became the highlight of my night...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU does have some fine looking young ladies. The camera had a true attraction for one of the beauties. Thank god he was able to find her. It became the highlight of my night...

For real right!!?!?!?..the cheerleaders maybe the best in the country!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, JC isn’t soft... Dax isn’t soft... neither are good enough off the dribble to attack the rim. As far as PG’s go, JC is good at a lot of the skills one has to have for the position... but, he is not great. He does not have Staten like speed when handling the ball... for old guys like me and Slaton... Greg Jones like speed with the ball.

JC can’t beat a defender off the dribble.

This is what happens when you don’t recruit true PG’s. Knapper may be able to do so for us... next year...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to XM college radio yesterday talking about the Virginia Cavaliers. They stated that Virginia gets the most out of less than great players other than Bob Huggins at WVa.

Some of you guys treat Huggs like Dad treats Holgerson. We lost to two top 10 teams and a recent top 20 team away from home. The sky is falling.

I looked at this team at the start of the season and thought i wasted money in getting season tickets. There is not a player on this team that would play, or even be recruited by Kansas.

No matter the sport WVU just does not attract 5 star recruits.

I have a feeling that years down the road, we will all miss Huggy much more than Dana. These are our basketball glory days. Enjoy them before there gone.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to XM college radio yesterday talking about the Virginia Cavaliers. They stated that Virginia gets the most out of less than great players other than Bob Huggins at WVa.

Some of you guys treat Huggs like Dad treats Holgerson. We lost to two top 10 teams and a recent top 20 team away from home. The sky is falling.

I looked at this team at the start of the season and thought i wasted money in getting season tickets. There is not a player on this team that would play, or even be recruited by Kansas.

I have a feeling that years down the road, we will all miss Huggy much more than Dana. These are our basketball glory days. Enjoy them before there gone.

Hmm...see John Belien...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny when you hold a beloved coach to the same standards that others impose on the less favorite coach. You’re right, I’m imposing the same standards on Huggs that others impose on Dana especially since Huggs will be a HOF coach. Shouldn’t we expect more from a HOF coach? A 16 point collapse should be accepted? Elite 8 or bust.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn’t just DAD who comes across as a two faced hypocrite. All of the other WVU fans who criticize every single aspect of WVU football throw excuses Huggs’ way without hesitation.

Look at your point. Huggs gets more out of less. Yet, he has how many top rated recruits on his roster? Bender was a 4 star. Ahmad is a top 75 recruit.

No one said the sky is falling. They’re embarrassing losses. Just as losing to Utah was embarrassing. Our HOF coach should be expected to achieve more than a coach of 7 years. Hold Huggs to the high standard he should be held to. Don’t hold him to a lower standard than Dana.

Or you get called out on they bullshit...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t just DAD who comes across as a two faced hypocrite. All of the other WVU fans who criticize every single aspect of WVU football throw excuses Huggs’ way without hesitation.

Look at your point. Huggs gets more out of less. Yet, he has how many top rated recruits on his roster? Bender was a 4 star. Ahmad is a top 75 recruit.

No one said the sky is falling. They’re embarrassing losses. Just as losing to Utah was embarrassing. Our HOF coach should be expected to achieve more than a coach of 7 years. Hold Huggs to the high standard he should be held to. Don’t hold him to a lower standard than Dana.

Or you get called out on they bullshit...

Grumpy are we today? Name calling too. How classy. Feel free to disagree but
I’m enjoying this run of wv b-ball. I’ll just say that with Huggs, I feel like a national championship is a real possibility. I can’t say that about football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grumpy are we today? Name calling too. How classy. Feel free to disagree but
I’m enjoying this run of wv b-ball. I’ll just say that with Huggs, I feel like a national championship is a real possibility. I can’t say that about football.

Hardly grumpy when you're living the dream like me.

I've always called out the hypocrisy bullshit. Last I knew... that ain't calling names... that be calling out...

I'm enjoying the run under Huggs too. But, when fans give an excuse for losing to top 10 teams... or lose to good teams on the road, and call out Dana for losing 4 in a row... all of them to top 15 teams... or losing to good teams like KSU on the road, then I feel it's within my right to point out the bullshit.

Since we lost the BCS system, I agree with you 100%... the road to a NC just became a 1,000 times easier for Huggy to win compared to Dana's chances. How many times do we see 4 top seeded teams make the Final 4 during the tournament? Hell... just two years ago... a mediocre SU team made it to the Final 4 because teams were getting upset left and right in their region.

With the CFP, only the top 4 teams make it. Then you have to beat two of the best teams in the country to earn your NC title.

When we had the BCS, WVU basically had to win 2-3 tough games during the regular season to win the BE and go undefeated. Most years, an undefeated WVU would be ranked 1 or 2 in the final BCS Poll. Then all they had left was 1 more game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw him leave the state to go to a place where he can recruit top talent, but has not done any better than Huggs at WV.
Saw him leave the state to go to a place where he can recruit top talent, but has not done any better than Huggs at WV.

Not the point...the way I read your reference you felt that Huggy was irreplaceable...I threw out Beilein..he picked up this program out of the burning trash dumpster and turned the team around in two years to become an an Elite 8

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point...the way I read your reference you felt that Huggy was irreplaceable...I threw out Beilein..he picked up this program out of the burning trash dumpster and turned the team around in two years to become an an Elite 8

Perfect example why its easier to win in college basketball than football. You only need a handful of talent to make a run in basketball. You have to have quality depth in big boy football.

Look how many SU teams played elite with nothing but 7 kids who saw the floor.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is West Virginia basketball.

Lost 3 out of the last 4.

Huggs is exasperated...

Exasperated Huggins Looking for Answers

"I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm doing the best I can," he said. "I've watched more daggone film of us and them since I've been back. I sit at home in my office and watch three or four games before I go into my office. I can't sleep, to be honest. This stuff drives me crazy. We just got to figure out a way to get better.

At least we know it’s not our HOF coaches fault. The players aren’t committed. These losses are their fault.

Great suggestion mad! Went back to the thread.

Kids not running offense. Kids throwing the ball away... to the cheerleaders. Kids not preparing.

Gotta get it fixed...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same stuff, different year. Groundhog Day.