• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Is Ridiculous

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would tell these idiots "If you want to play in this league, you get your vaccinations"

Because the subject is a specific NFL population, i'll agree the NFL should be allowed to apply it. Should be allowed, not saying absolutely do it. I am for everyone to get vaccinated but some reasons not to, are reasonable........SOME reasons.

I think in some States (Florida, Texas, Arkansas?) you can't apply this rule? IF one or two States don't allow this rule, you can't apply it league wide?!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the subject is a specific NFL population, i'll agree the NFL should be allowed to apply it. Should be allowed, not saying absolutely do it. I am for everyone to get vaccinated but some reasons not to, are reasonable........SOME reasons.

I think in some States (Florida, Texas, Arkansas?) you can't apply this rule? IF one or two States don't allow this rule, you can't apply it league wide?!
I don't think the NFL can require the players to get vaccinated unless the players union agreed to it.

OTOH, any of us working without a union or specific contract--our employers can required us to get the vaccine if we want to continue working.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the NFL can require the players to get vaccinated unless the players union agreed to it.

OTOH, any of us working without a union or specific contract--our employers can required us to get the vaccine if we want to continue working.
Yeah, forgot about Unions where applicable. Can't see why any Union would side with the employer when it comes to getting vaccinated?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league has all kinds of rules for such things as drug use and performance enhancing substances. They could implement a rule that if you want to play , you get vaccinated. A player wouldn't be forced to get vaccinated, he'd just have to find another job.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has all kinds of rules for such things as drug use and performance enhancing substances. They could implement a rule that if you want to play , you get vaccinated. A player wouldn't be forced to get vaccinated, he'd just have to find another job.
That isn't how it works with collectively bargained working conditions. While the NFL does have rules for drugs and PEDs--those rules were agreed to by the union. So, no, the league can't simply require all players to get vaccinated or find other jobs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't how it works with collectively bargained working conditions. While the NFL does have rules for drugs and PEDs--those rules were agreed to by the union. So, no, the league can't simply require all players to get vaccinated or find other jobs.
America is such a wimpy bitch of a country.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3