• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is hard to believe

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think it's true...the Sox will be going to the playoffs for 2 consecutive years for the first time in franchise history. Think about it, there was only the WS until 1969, and they only went 4 times, never consecutively. After that they would hardy ever win the division, and never 2 years in a row. Even in the wild card era they never managed to do it.

Now they will...but only thanks to the expanded 'playoffs' last year LOL

One of you can surely correct me if I have this wrong.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think it's true...the Sox will be going to the playoffs for 2 consecutive years for the first time in franchise history. Think about it, there was only the WS until 1969, and they only went 4 times, never consecutively. After that they would hardy ever win the division, and never 2 years in a row. Even in the wild card era they never managed to do it.

Now they will...but only thanks to the expanded 'playoffs' last year LOL

One of you can surely correct me if I have this wrong.
Nope you are correct. We've never had consecutive trips to the postseason. And trust me, in the coming weeks and especially once the playoffs commence, this will be mentioned by the announcers a bazillion times.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season was kind of unique so I'll be more impressed if we do it next year too. That said...I can't keep harping enough that the White Sox franchise does not often show this kind of promise so we gotta soak it all in. Early 80s they looked promising...but it never materialized to much. Early 90s they did when the Big Hurt came in and then strike happened and a few shoulda coulda woulda seasons etc...so nothing materialized much there either. 2005 wasn't that crazy in hindsight, but before and as it happened it was full-on "where did this come from?" And then obviously meh from there.

It's just...nice that we look to have secured multiple seasons of competitiveness and not just one. I tip my hat to Rick Hahn. It's easy to hate the GM and he made some moves that I still question...but it is paying off-despite our salary handicaps. Reinsdorf doesn't deserve him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season was kind of unique so I'll be more impressed if we do it next year too. That said...I can't keep harping enough that the White Sox franchise does not often show this kind of promise so we gotta soak it all in. Early 80s they looked promising...but it never materialized to much. Early 90s they did when the Big Hurt came in and then strike happened and a few shoulda coulda woulda seasons etc...so nothing materialized much there either. 2005 wasn't that crazy in hindsight, but before and as it happened it was full-on "where did this come from?" And then obviously meh from there.

It's just...nice that we look to have secured multiple seasons of competitiveness and not just one. I tip my hat to Rick Hahn. It's easy to hate the GM and he made some moves that I still question...but it is paying off-despite our salary handicaps. Reinsdorf doesn't deserve him.
I agree good times and good baseball ahead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems a bit more like something that could/should last. Just due to how young, talented, and under team control our core is. Honestly, some guys like Robert really haven't even had their careers take full flight yet. The way we went about it this team set us up for more long term success, I do believe. We will how things pan out, though. Obviously, we could have an injury filled year next season that totally does us in. If we had a couple injuries to our staff when our lineup was banged up? We might be in a tough battle with Cleveland right now.