• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is frustrating

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When officials were asked about a clean hit being called a penalty..... THIS is the response....

“You did everything right. You couldn’t have done anything different,” the official reportedly said. “They just want us to throw the flag.”

^^^^^^^^^
:mad2::mad2:

So this is what the competition committee is making the NFL, where even the refs see a clean hit but they throw the flag because the league just wants them to ?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When officials were asked about a clean hit being called a penalty..... THIS is the response....

“You did everything right. You couldn’t have done anything different,” the official reportedly said. “They just want us to throw the flag.”

^^^^^^^^^

So this is what the competition committee is making the NFL, where even the refs see a clean hit but they throw the flag because the league just wants them to ?
Yes. That's ultimately what they're paid for.

I feel kinda bad for them because everyone but the NFL higherups seems to think the rule needs to be scrapped or toned down right about now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^^^^

I'm not buying that.

Even the NFL wouldn't be that stupid.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never doubt that the league can top itself in stupidity.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled your opinion ... But looking at some of these call's, I believe it, the league is that stupid ...

I have vids of 4 completely BS calls from the Viking game in another thread I hear you completely

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still weighing the facts in this debate. I'll get back to everyone, once the league tells me how I'm supposed to react. Stand by.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a he said she said thing to me.

The ref was in a corner and came up with whatever.

Doesn't make sense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder about this kinda shit. Sometimes it does seem the bull shit stuff comes at a time when a team is about to go up more than one score. Would not shock me if this ass wipe league office hasn't pointed out close games keep the viewership up. This remains all about ratings and I hope they go down from last year again this season. I'll watch....I'm to stupid not too but I hope some tune the fuck out

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw....I hope for bad calls against the hawks and we end up kicking the shit outta you guys this week for your home opener. :D:eek::nod:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder about this kinda shit. Sometimes it does seem the bull shit stuff comes at a time when a team is about to go up more than one score. Would not shock me if this ass wipe league office hasn't pointed out close games keep the viewership up. This remains all about ratings and I hope they go down from last year again this season. I'll watch....I'm to stupid not too but I hope some tune the fuck out

Something that I used to say about the way they call penalties in hockey was that the time and stage of the infraction determined what they may call and for how much time. And it was true.

And I always used to counter with how the NFL , 15 seconds left in the Super Bowl, TD pass, no! Holding!! Penalty!!! Etc. Counted no matter when.

It used to be that way. It should be now.

Interpretation is bad, black and white is good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw....I hope for bad calls against the hawks and we end up kicking the shit outta you guys this week for your home opener. :D:eek::nod:

Seahawks have some motivation, going 0-3 is getting a little scary to crawl out of ... We're also getting some guy's back.... Should be a good game ..

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^^^^

They're letting PR people make the decisions.

PR people want more females watching the game and less violence.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^^^^

"you did everything right, legally you shouldn't do anything different but the city wants me to write more tickets so here you go."