• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This has got to be the all-time most boring Week Zero lineup of games in history.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wouldn't surprise me, but I think it'll be closer game than some expect

My serious take:

Scenario for upset is there. tOHSU is breaking in a new QB and it's first game of season. It'll be home game for the gophers who starting senior at QB, very experienced OL, and really good run game.

The conditions for an upset are there....

I don't think it'll happen though. Gophers struggled big time to stop run last year, they did a lot to address that, but I'll believe it when I see it. And I tOHSU has some studs at WR that can exploit MN's secondary. MN will need to stop run and get a good pass rush, both items they struggled with

I have it 38-27 type game however with tOSHU putting away in 4th with

I stand corrected Stroud is a RS frosh

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected Stroud is a RS frosh
Well, it's his 2nd year so an understandable mistake. It makes a difference as he's had a year to learn the offense and take snaps in practice, he's not fresh out of high school. I prefer panthers optimistic prediction, but I think he'll be wrong.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I hope not. That would be an ugly opening game ass kicking.
IF UMn wins, it will be just barely. No way on earth they blow OSU out. OSU blowing UMn out is a possibility unfortunately

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are only better than OSU when it comes to research stuff, not football, unfortunately. At least not since the 1960s.

UMn's got a lot of talent returning, but covid skewed things last year, so it's hard to judge whether we just weren't that good or if covid hurt us more than others? I'll assume that we just weren't that good so it might not be as good of a thing that we're returning a lot of players?

OSU doesn't seem to need experienced players?

OSU's QB is just a frosh, right OSU's?

Balderdash! According to you Minnesota is awesome at everything.

There's not a successful program in the country that has success without experienced players.

Yep. And this is the first season since '52 (Woody's 2nd season) that Ohio State will start a season with QB that has zero pass attempts at the college level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF UMn wins, it will be just barely. No way on earth they blow OSU out. OSU blowing UMn out is a possibility unfortunately

Not sure what to expect. Big question mark at QB. And from what I remember the LB's are really young. Did you hear about that Texas kid that picked Ohio State Clint Ewers? Hasn't thrown a CFB pass yet and has already inked a 1.4m NIL deal.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to expect. Big question mark at QB. And from what I remember the LB's are really young. Did you hear about that Texas kid that picked Ohio State Clint Ewers? Hasn't thrown a CFB pass yet and has already inked a 1.4m NIL deal.
NIL deals are legal now I suppose?