• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This guy hates Tiger... Leave his drop alone.... Playing partners agreed!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

playing partners agreed it was a good drop and the blimp "evidence" isn't easily show as this guy claims as well

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PGA Tour, sensing an Augusta-style controversy brewing, issued a statement while Woods was still on the course. It read, in full:
"Without definitive evidence, the point where Woods' ball last crossed the lateral water hazard is determined through best judgement by Woods and his fellow competitor. If that point later proves to be a wrong point (through television or other means), the player is not penalized by Rule 26-1 given the fact that a competitor would risk incurring a penalty every time he makes an honest judgment as to the point where his ball last crosses a water-hazard margin and that judgment subsequently proves incorrect (Decision 26-1/17)."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS SAYS IT ALL

(Interesting sidelight: the guy who made that video? Filmmaker John Ziegler, who's dedicated himself to clearing Joe Paterno's name in the Penn State scandal.)

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really pissed me off... I've followed Ziegler on twitter & even tried to get him to join here but this stunt he is pulling only shows that he is a clown that is starved for attention. I had to unfollow him after this. Fact is there is no conclusive evidence here & it falls onto his playing partner to agree where the drop would be. We all do this & I guarantee that it is never 100% accurate. Ziegler is nothing more than another Tiger hater.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really pissed me off... I've followed Ziegler on twitter & even tried to get him to join here but this stunt he is pulling only shows that he is a clown that is starved for attention. I had to unfollow him after this. Fact is there is no conclusive evidence here & it falls onto his playing partner to agree where the drop would be. We all do this & I guarantee that it is never 100% accurate. Ziegler is nothing more than another Tiger hater.

:agree:

This guy clearly wants to "try to get his name out there." the PGA Tour clearly states that it is within the players discretion in order to see where the ball went into the water and crossed the hazzard which is incredibly hard to do! I've marshalled a few tournaments and this issue has arisen and I have been right in the middle of it. You can't really tell

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say a few things:

1) If I had to guess - it certainly appeared to me that he took an advantageous drop. However...

2) The absolute best vantage point to determine that are the players who watch the ball. Here we had 2 players, and 2 caddies with perfect view of where it crossed. Our tv and the stupid blimp video DO NOT show the shot from directly behind Tiger. There did not appear to be one single bit of controversy between any of the 4 people who watched the shot. That's certainly good enough for me.

3) Tiger still made double, and still won by 2. Hard to believe that dropping it a few yards further back would have cost him a quad.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing partners agreed it was a good drop and the blimp "evidence" isn't easily show as this guy claims as well[/QUOTE]

The marshals flat out called Woods a liar when he said they told him Segio had already hit. He is dishonest and a cheat. What's to say he didn't cheat on 14 as well with his drop?

""""Returning serve, Woods said, “The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot, and then I hear his comments afterward and it’s not real surprising that he’s complaining about something.”

Well, when they heard that remark from Woods, the marshals were surprised. One of them, Gary Anderson, said on Sunday, “He didn’t ask us nothing, and we didn’t say nothing. We’re told not to talk to the players.”

Anderson’s boss, John North, was the chief marshal for the first three holes. He stood over Woods’s ball to protect it from the throng and was five feet away when Woods played his shot. North has worked the tournament as a volunteer marshal for 30 years, he’s a graduate of the Naval Academy, he served in Vietnam, he’s a FedEx pilot and he donates his round on the Stadium course for being a volunteer to the Wounded Warriors project.

“Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him,” North said. “I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We’re there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character.”"""

Read more: Great Divide: Tiger Woods turned in another breathtaking performance at the Players - GOLF.com

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

playing partners agreed it was a good drop and the blimp "evidence" isn't easily show as this guy claims as well

Wittenberg knows not to cross Tiger Woods. He was intimidated and wanted to get into Woods' good graces by kissing his ass and agreeing to the drop point. Woods is a cheat and a liar as evidenced by the marshals busting him on his lie when he said they told him "Sergio had already hit" on # 2.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If I had to guess - it certainly appeared to me that he took an advantageous drop. However...

2) The absolute best vantage point to determine that are the players who watch the ball. Here we had 2 players, and 2 caddies with perfect view of where it crossed. Our tv and the stupid blimp video DO NOT show the shot from directly behind Tiger. There did not appear to be one single bit of controversy between any of the 4 people who watched the shot. That's certainly good enough for me.

3) Tiger still made double, and still won by 2. Hard to believe that dropping it a few yards further back would have cost him a quad.

well said! And we aren't talking about Sergio and Tiger here folks... Just about the drop and the above said it the best

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wittenberg knows not to cross Tiger Woods. He was intimidated and wanted to get into Woods' good graces by kissing his ass and agreeing to the drop point. Woods is a cheat and a liar as evidenced by the marshals busting him on his lie when he said they told him "Sergio had already hit" on # 2.

There is not sufficient proof to state this or that Woods hit in an incorrect location. The blimp and television do it no justice.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geez dude, get off Tiger's nuts. You are embarrassing yourself. He cheated and he lied in this tournament; plain and simple.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez dude, get off Tiger's nuts. You are embarrassing yourself. He cheated and he lied in this tournament; plain and simple.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :agree:

Wow, actually agreeing with Giants/Niners fan. Tiger is a lightning rod for ridicule.