• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This fucking team...

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t in danger. He won MOY last year and I think is really just doing what FZ tells him to do.

Then again, maybe FZ will churn through 13 managers in a season just because FZ gonna FZ.

It could happen but probably won’t. Just reading about some of the starting pitchers who are not happy with early exits (under 90 pitches). Bullpen takes a beating with that. Also I think the revolving door with players who were picked up in trades then thrown to the starting lineup is hurting as well. The players can’t get in any rhythm not knowing what their status is. Estrada is case in point. The guy has been hitting right handers pretty well yet gets stuck on the bench now 2 or 3 games in a row.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen but probably won’t. Just reading about some of the starting pitchers who are not happy with early exits (under 90 pitches). Bullpen takes a beating with that. Also I think the revolving door with players who were picked up in trades then thrown to the starting lineup is hurting as well. The players can’t get in any rhythm not knowing what their status is. Estrada is case in point. The guy has been hitting right handers pretty well yet gets stuck on the bench now 2 or 3 games in a row.
All of that stuff is FZ based.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The churn has to add pressure to the locker room. If I worked for a company that fired people on a weekly basis and constantly brought in new blood to shake things up, I would never feel comfortable going in to work.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The churn has to add pressure to the locker room. If I worked for a company that fired people on a weekly basis and constantly brought in new blood to shake things up, I would never feel comfortable going in to work.

I’m sure it has. Last year with the injuries there was a base group that was called up to fill in. It was the same every time. This year it seems as though the trade is the new filler.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that stuff is FZ based.
I agree but also wonder how much input (if any) Kapler has in the churn process. I also think that the pressure in the locker room is extremely high. You're never sure where or if you'll be playing tomorrow. But, as you said ... this is FZs style and he has been successful. Hard to argue with success.

I also think coming off a 107 win season isn't making things any easier. Nobody expected 107 wins ... but that did set some expectations for this year. Many people on this board saw a 95 win season. Myself included. Now ... 90 seems to be a far stretch.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but also wonder how much input (if any) Kapler has in the churn process. I also think that the pressure in the locker room is extremely high. You're never sure where or if you'll be playing tomorrow. But, as you said ... this is FZs style and he has been successful. Hard to argue with success.

I also think coming off a 107 win season isn't making things any easier. Nobody expected 107 wins ... but that did set some expectations for this year. Many people on this board saw a 95 win season. Myself included. Now ... 90 seems to be a far stretch.
Why is 90 a 'far stretch'? They are on pace for 87 right now after this ugly run. Win the next 3 and they are on pace for 91. The season has a lot of story to it, and 107 win seasons are too rare to take anything from. This year winning 90-95 and making wildcard is still my expectation.

There are 6 playoff spots in the NL. The teams that look like they are chasing those 6 slots are Mets, Braves, Cardinals, Brewers, Padres, Giants, Dodgers. Maybe Phillies. That's it. 7-8 chasing 6 spots. I think we get one.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 6 playoff spots in the NL. The teams that look like they are chasing those 6 slots are Mets, Braves, Cardinals, Brewers, Padres, Giants, Dodgers. Maybe Phillies. That's it. 7-8 chasing 6 spots. I think we get one.
While this statement is correct ... its also needs clarification. The NL will have 3 division leaders and 3 wild cards. We are not going to win our division. So we are in a fight for a wildcard position. I'm not sure we can catch the Pads in the long run. I think the last 2 positions will be among the Braves, the loser between the Cards/Brewers and us .... i do think we take a WC position but it's not going to be a cakewalk.

The NL West has been a tough division this year.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is 90 a 'far stretch'? They are on pace for 87 right now after this ugly run. Win the next 3 and they are on pace for 91. The season has a lot of story to it, and 107 win seasons are too rare to take anything from. This year winning 90-95 and making wildcard is still my expectation.

And we are 6th as of right now...

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to add after the events of this past weekend.