• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This fucking disgusts me

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story of our season. Fucking geez Simmonds. At least attempt to shoot on the breakaway. I just get the feeling it's just not meant to be. The Flyers are their own worse enemy. They play great and then it's like what the hell just happened. The defense, don't get me started. Our goalie is left out to dry. Bob played a solid game. Our defense looks out of place, small, and tired. Briere sucks! Flyers waste big opportunities.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We BADLY need to trade for defensive help. Bare minimum 2, and I'd argue 3, goals tonight were on the defense ... not Bob.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At some point doesn't Bob need to just make a save though?
The PK is killing this team as much as the non-existent defense.
Parent/Krajcek>Bourdon/anyone

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long can this go on for? We are heading south very fast. Either make a deal now or just don't deal period and get eliminated in the 1st round. Upcoming games are far from gimme games. I'd even say Buffalo may be better than as of now. We play them athursday. This shit better change quickly. I felt that the Flyers played better majority of the game.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point doesn't Bob need to just make a save though?
The PK is killing this team as much as the non-existent defense.
Parent/Krajcek>Bourdon/anyone

Depends on the situation. If the defense is leaving guys at the other side of the net wide open .... very few will make those saves.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Datsyuk's goal was 175% giroux's fault.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the other 3 were 200% Kimmo's fault..

That's bold. He was only on the ice for 2. The one where giroux veered off a wide open Datsyuk in the slot to cover the point man and the 4th goal you could say he should've gotten back to cover the guy in the goal mouth. I'll give you that one of you want it

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bold. He was only on the ice for 2. The one where giroux veered off a wide open Datsyuk in the slot to cover the point man and the 4th goal you could say he should've gotten back to cover the guy in the goal mouth. I'll give you that one of you want it

Well I may have missed part of it, I was doin a lot of Bong hits, but dude, regardless he played horrible tonight, just funny right after you call out everybody else for poor effort..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I may have missed part of it, I was doin a lot of Bong hits, but dude, regardless he played horrible tonight, just funny right after you call out everybody else for poor effort..

Oh ya no doubt. You 100% can't let the puck hope over your stick at the end there. It's a play that has to be made and can easily be made

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya no doubt. You 100% can't let the puck hope over your stick at the end there. It's a play that has to be made and can easily be made

The thing that kills me is this is the same thing that happened after the break as last year. We just stop playing physical defense, our physicality was a big part of our game in the first half. We better get a better defenseman quick fast and in a hurry. I think we need to take a run at Gil..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gill would help the PK with his size and reach....a stay at home PK dman is exactly what this team needs right now. Would make the whole dcorp look better.....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont see it as a lack of effort, they're skating hard and working hard on the boards.. mentally they just aren't focused like they need to be.. its attention to detail.. its covering the point man instead of the guy in the slot.. its letting the puck hop over your stick with 1:30 left when you're trying to tie the game.. its forcing the puck where there isn't an opening..

what bothers me, is those 3 things happened this game, and it was giroux, timonen, and briere, in that order. which coincides with all three A's. the LEADERS of this team having critical lapses in focus and other teams aren't letting the flyers off the hook.. it's time to play big boy hockey, and to play big boy hockey, you CANT make as many mistakes as the flyers are making

and as an avid 'it's the goalies fault' guy, in my memory the flyers goalies have given up 2 soft goals (both in the devs game) since the ASG (8 games).. the flyers have given up 25 goals in that span.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing that kills me is this is the same thing that happened after the break as last year. We just stop playing physical defense, our physicality was a big part of our game in the first half. We better get a better defenseman quick fast and in a hurry. I think we need to take a run at Gil..

ya know, i agree that we need to be more physical, but i disagree that we played with any type of physicality in the first half of the season. this has been a problem the whole year, and without a move i don't see it changing.

on another note, just a quick comment. most of you are pretty smart and know your hockey well. is this that much of a surprise? i've had a feeling this was coming at some point, and i'm surprised it took this long. we are extremely young, and inexperienced. currently all of our rookies, minus schenn cause he missed half the year, are hitting the 'rookie wall' at the same time. we look slow and sluggish, and i really think it comes from the season wearing on our young guys. hopefully they can push through it, but lavy needs to see this and make some adjustments, hopefully this 3 day break can rest them up a bit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: Nobody is getting the job done defensively, especially on the penalty kill. That includes forwards as well.

Bourdon will get lit up in the playoffs. I actually feel like Gustafsson is a better option right now despite being far less physical. He at least has the speed to recover and can move the puck. Unfortunately, we're having to dress both of them right now.

That said, none of our regular defensemen can clear the front of the net. In our last two games especially, we're getting owned in front of our net, which gets embarrassing frankly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know, i agree that we need to be more physical, but i disagree that we played with any type of physicality in the first half of the season. this has been a problem the whole year, and without a move i don't see it changing.

on another note, just a quick comment. most of you are pretty smart and know your hockey well. is this that much of a surprise? i've had a feeling this was coming at some point, and i'm surprised it took this long. we are extremely young, and inexperienced. currently all of our rookies, minus schenn cause he missed half the year, are hitting the 'rookie wall' at the same time. we look slow and sluggish, and i really think it comes from the season wearing on our young guys. hopefully they can push through it, but lavy needs to see this and make some adjustments, hopefully this 3 day break can rest them up a bit.

what concerns me is it hasn't been the rookies that are causing the problems.. giroux, coburn, and carle have been the problem on the PK.. jagr, briere, hartnell, and voracek haven't done much of anything offensively lately other than turn the puck over..

read still looks dangerous and had just as many chances yesterday as anyone that didnt play for the kings last year

i'll give you couturier hasn't been as solid recently.. he seems to have hit a wall.. he's even turned the puck over a couple times in the past few weeks.. but he's still not a liability out there

i actually think gust has played pretty well.. i haven't noticed him too much, similar to timonen most nights in the 'notice him' category, which is a good thing

bourdon is just timid with the puck these days and that causes lots of turnovers

rinaldo has been fine

sestito has been fine for the most part, he's had a couple bad penalties of late though

schenn obviously has been fantastic

i thought wellwood looked pretty solid last night too.. only 11 minutes but he was real close to having a real nice scoring chance, and i didn't notice him make any errors

i did expect this team to have stretches like this, but i thought it would be because the rookies hit a wall.. IMO they're holding up their end of the bargain, especially the ones we expected to play a considerable amount this season (read, schenn, couturier, gust).. its the vets that need to get on track

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{ Just a 2 cent comment }

I know the bigger story was Detoilets run at home and the national media despises Philly, but I can't believe it wasn't mentioned that (at times) the high powered, indestructible Red Wings were playing against 4 rookies at most times, including 2 on the PK.

Yeah....they may have hit the wall as far as performances goes, but still. The point should have been made numerous times last night and it wasn't.

...and NO, I'm not shocked. Just pointing it out is all...