• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Board

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the past year's posts I'd guess there are about 15 steady posters that comprise this board. I need to thank you all!

I'm not sure how many of you are actually relocated Giant fans. I happen to be one of those people. I live in NY and also spend quite a bit of time in eastern Canada. No proximity to CA at all.
There is absolutely no coverage of Giant's baseball. No chatter, no fans, no information ... nothing at all about the Giants.

This board is all I really have. And it is a great board. It let's me feel connected. It even let's me feel like I'm watching the game itself at times. In NY I'm 3 hours removed from SF game time. In Canada it's 4 hours. Makes night games impossible to follow .... but reading the game day threads the next morning is like being there watching it.

I just wanted to thank you all for making this a really great year for me .... the Giants have made it exciting ... you have given it a sense if . . Sittng in the ballpark and watching it happen ...

THANK YOU ALL

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Looking over the past year's posts I'd guess there are about 15 steady posters that comprise this board. I need to thank you all!

I'm not sure how many of you are actually relocated Giant fans. I happen to be one of those people. I live in NY and also spend quite a bit of time in eastern Canada. No proximity to CA at all.
There is absolutely no coverage of Giant's baseball. No chatter, no fans, no information ... nothing at all about the Giants.

This board is all I really have. And it is a great board. It let's me feel connected. It even let's me feel like I'm watching the game itself at times. In NY I'm 3 hours removed from SF game time. In Canada it's 4 hours. Makes night games impossible to follow .... but reading the game day threads the next morning is like being there watching it.

I just wanted to thank you all for making this a really great year for me .... the Giants have made it exciting ... you have given it a sense if . . Sittng in the ballpark and watching it happen ...

THANK YOU ALL
I think @stanford the manford @tzill and @msgkings322 are the only three in the Bay Area. Others, such as @Stokes1931 , @calsnowskier and myself live in different parts of California, with both cal and I in southern California. If I remember correctly, many of the former members, who no longer post here, lived in different parts of California.

I think @Mays-Fan , such as pachyderm and yourself, lives on the east coast.

Being in so Cal, it is hard to find many fans who are also in the area. I do actually have two co-workers (a husband and wife), who are Giants' fans but the husband is more into basketball and, while the wife is rabid Giants' fan, she's more about the brand than the actual players. She isn't really in tuned to things we discuss here on the forum.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss with us and to bring up interesting questions to ponder. I appreciate that we still have a board after all these years.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 3rd generation San Franciscan. Lived all over the world; kept moving back. Bought our latest house in Lincoln Manor about 4 years ago. I'm NEVER moving.

I bleed orange and black. And poop solid brown on the daily.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the ESPN 30 for 30, Once Upon A Time In Queens and discovered that Keith Hernandez was actually born in The City. Wonder if he is a closet fan too?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the ESPN 30 for 30, Once Upon A Time In Queens and discovered that Keith Hernandez was actually born in The City. Wonder if he is a closet fan too?
Gotta assume he respects the team, if nothing else. Snow and Belt are two 1B completely built from the Keith Hernandez mold…