• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Board is so quiet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cap hit on Kovy matters that much. When this next crop of young guys comes up, that's a few years away.

If the Kings were to buy him out next June the cap hit would be the same $6.25 million for 2020-21 and $0 for 2021-22 although there would be numbers on the books (the savings and buyout cost are identical, $1.416 million and cancel each other out).

It would be just like having him on the roster next season still so I would try to see if he can be traded with some salary retention this year although I'm not sure what kind of market exists for him. Teams would likely wait until Dec 15 when he is due a $5.3 million signing bonus (last of the bonuses) from the Kings and his actual salary would be $700,000 for the season of which any team trading for him would pay the prorated part of that. The cap hit would remain $6.25 million however.

If his release is truly being finalized, that means he chose to walk away from the remaining money the Kings owe him or like Richards breached his contract. Can't see either of those happening so I'm curious how this will all go down.

Expensive and valuable lesson for Blake.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Kings have won more than they've lost of late, and look pretty good actually. Coyotes have their number, but I feel like there's some excitement and progress in there. If nothing else, some guys have had increase trade value (*Cough* Toffoli *Cough*).

Regardless of the Kovalchuk cap issue, getting some guys in for valuable minutes and experience has been the wise move. I was there on Thursday, and Hutton was starting the game. Was actually pretty impressed with that guy, and I would consider this year a win if we had 2 legit defensemen emerge. I feel like you could really build off of that going forward.