• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things to watch for

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after getting flamed royally for attacking the coaching or lack there of that the Flyers do or don't get (not here, but still singed). I wanted to leave everyone with one or two things (three actually) to watch for in tonights game. These have been glaring issues over the last 10 games regardless of the players on the ice (meaning they are system problems and not individual players).

1. Far post coverage. The Flyers defensive zone coverage as a team is weak. But have they, will they address their coverage of the "far post" or the player away from the puck.

2. PP point positioning on faceoffs. Too frequently on LW face offs , the point man is lined up on the outside hip of the Center and not the inside or draw side, which is where the puck then goes skittering out to center ice.

3. PP movement. the PP is like half court Basket ball. The Flyers play a two post umbrella. The problem is that you can easily disrupt this by simply putting two man pressure on the puck up high...because there is no risk of movement down low. Look to see if the Flyers are moving down low or standing around.

Okay, that is all, back to the burn unit.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 excites me the most. I will be so shocked and beyond pissed if another goal is scored on us in which a man was left wide open with a yawning net.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 excites me the most. I will be so shocked and beyond pissed if another goal is scored on us in which a man was left wide open with a yawning net.

I agree, these back door tap-ins can't be uncontested. I understand that teams will get them occasionally, but the last time we played them, the Rangers set up so much there that they should have been charged property tax. And you can't blame the goalies for them either, they have to cut off the angle for the shot. Have somebody cover the damn pass.