• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thibs might be Gone

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this might be Thibs last game. Im ok with him leaving. Time for change. Lets just hope we can continue this season.

Lets Go Bulls.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance. Let the moronic NBA analysts sing his praises while he runs a different team into the ground during the regular season and then fail to make proper adjustments while getting thoroughly out coached by average to below average NBA coaches in the post season. Thibs is the most overrated head coach in the league. I hope we can trade him for something worthwhile rather than just fire him. If the rumors are true about him going to the Pelicans, I am going to laugh my ass off. If his coaching style ran several Bulls into the ground, I guarantee you that players like Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, and ryan Anderson will spend a lot of time injured. Heck, I wouldn't put it past him to make Anthony Davis the next Derrick Rose.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Paxson, come on down and coach this team. You seem to be the kenny williams that has his idea on how the team should be coached and managed, but you wont take the job because you know how hard it is and how impossible it is to be undermined by the front office. I never liked Thibbs, no offensive ability was always gonna hurt this team. Move the ball move the defense, open guy shoots. This team looked like they were on a playlot somewhere with derrick constantly playing one on one and actually losing to a little aussie.

Garpax took one of the best defensive coaching minds and gave him 10 offensive minded players, then instead of matching up with snell on the guy draining threes, he keeps the offensive guys in the lineup. When the minute limits entered the games and practices, Thibbs was as good as gone.

So far the strongest voice on Thibbs side is Derrick Rose, he had dinner a couple times during the month and a half they were with team usa, and the endorsement last night was derrick does not mind him as a coach.

Bring on Tim Floyd II Hoiberg.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Paxson, come on down and coach this team. You seem to be the kenny williams that has his idea on how the team should be coached and managed, but you wont take the job because you know how hard it is and how impossible it is to be undermined by the front office. I never liked Thibbs, no offensive ability was always gonna hurt this team. Move the ball move the defense, open guy shoots. This team looked like they were on a playlot somewhere with derrick constantly playing one on one and actually losing to a little aussie.

Garpax took one of the best defensive coaching minds and gave him 10 offensive minded players, then instead of matching up with snell on the guy draining threes, he keeps the offensive guys in the lineup. When the minute limits entered the games and practices, Thibbs was as good as gone.

So far the strongest voice on Thibbs side is Derrick Rose, he had dinner a couple times during the month and a half they were with team usa, and the endorsement last night was derrick does not mind him as a coach.

Bring on Tim Floyd II Hoiberg.
I partially agree that he is one of the best defensive minds, but other coaches figure his defense out in a 7 game series and Thibs is too stubborn to change it up here and there.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you can't have a team that talented show that kind of inconsistency for 4 Qs and then quit in game 6. His rotations are straight stank bullshit.

I don't see why they would play for him next year..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs biggest weakness was his rotations. He always had trouble with this. He would take players out when they are hot and would keep players in too long when they are struggling(Mirotic and hinrich). Hinrich got killed on D and didn't add any offense but for some reason he was always in on crunch time. Snell should of been out there. Mirotic after that stupid foul he kept him in and u can see his head wasn't in the game and he missed 2 shots and let up 8 points with in 1 min. Should of took him out after the foul and let him clear his head.

What made me think it was time for him to go was this series. HE made 0 changes. every game we struggled in the 2nd Q. Make a change. Maybe take 1-2 starters out a little early in the 1st so they can come back in the 2nd Q when u take the others out.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs biggest weakness was his rotations. He always had trouble with this. He would take players out when they are hot and would keep players in too long when they are struggling(Mirotic and hinrich). Hinrich got killed on D and didn't add any offense but for some reason he was always in on crunch time. Snell should of been out there. Mirotic after that stupid foul he kept him in and u can see his head wasn't in the game and he missed 2 shots and let up 8 points with in 1 min. Should of took him out after the foul and let him clear his head.

What made me think it was time for him to go was this series. HE made 0 changes. every game we struggled in the 2nd Q. Make a change. Maybe take 1-2 starters out a little early in the 1st so they can come back in the 2nd Q when u take the others out.

I always compare Thibbs to a high school basketball coach. That coach that pushes the kids too hard and expects them to be warriors not basketball players. He constantly kept starters in thru the fourth quarter when they were gassed. He had a legitimate excuse last year because he had a terrible bench, but this year, Snell played very well a few games in a row, Butler returns and Snell is completely out of the rotation. Just cant play for a coach like that seems to be the bench mentality. Niko saved this team with huge fourth quarters when Rose and Butler were out. He was taking that shot, full of confidence. Its completely understandable to have these players say what do I have to do.

This is a really big mess that just about everybody knew about with Thibbs and the front office. The sad part though, is if these two guys want a puppet, it would be nice to have a game experienced puppet master pulling the strings. Maybe the Riley and goof in Miami is what they want, but Riley lived that coaching role, he knows what game decisions have to be made. We dont have that in our front office.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about in blow outs, he would keep his starters in until at least the 2 min mark even though the other team took their starters out.

Im happy to see him go but I am also appreciate what he has done. Before him we were crap for awhile. He is kind of like Jim Harbaugh for my 49ers. He did great things but it was time for him to move on. Some coaches are like this.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking to my Paxson go down and do it, did you see the Marlins fired another manager, but the GM Jennings has enough balls to go and do it himself?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibbs got what seems like a Phil Jackson deal without having the prowess of the Phil Jackson coaching resume. supposedly 10 million per year for VP of Basketball operations and head coach. Guess now we see what kind of team Thibbs could have had if they listened to his input.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked seeing the mock draft, with Thibbs taking a point guard. I thought that was the old regime in Minny, didnt they take 5 of them over two or three drafts?