• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is over 20 million in cap space available to the Bears

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cut Kyle Long (8 mil), Prince Amukamara (8 mil) and Taylor Gabriel (4.5 mil).

All expendable and can have their production replaced through the draft or by a cheap UFA.

Long - I think we can all agree on two things with Kyle Long. #1 - He's a fan favorite and most of us like him a lot. #2 - He's finished (4 straight years of IR)

Prince - Still a solid veteran corner but not good enough to warrant his price tag when we have bigger concerns. This would mean we definitely DO need to address CB, though. As the thought of Kevin Tolliver being a starter next season makes my stomach churn.

Gabriel - I like Gabriel. I do, actually. However, our QB is utterly putrid at throwing the ball deep and that's the whole point of Taylor Gabriel. Therefore, there is no point to Taylor Gabriel... not in Chicago.

Honestly, Mitch needs WR's with a big catch radius. Two huge Mitch problems seemed to be magnified when targeting Gabriel. He doesn't see the field well (5'7 WR's don't help that) and he's inaccurate in the intermediate to long range. A LOT of those missed big plays were to Gabriel. Most, in fact, I would say.

The Fuller restructure saved us 6 mil for 2020. Good start. An Allen Robinson extension might be in the works and could save us a bit more. If you bite the bullet on these three guys? You're really in decent shape to help address O-line, TE, QB or whatever you would like to have done in your dream Bears off-season.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all.

Bears need to replace Prince with a cover corner though and at receiver a catch radius would be great but some straight ahead speed coupled with height would also be very welcome.

Do this and trade back to pick up a couple extra picks and along with the expected 4th round comp pick and Pace could have a good draft and money to address needs in free agency.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Gabriel at all but I have to laugh at the logic of replacing a WR with another one with a greater catch radius because our QB can't hit the side of a barn. One would think replacing the QB is the smarter move. But replacing Gabriel is a periphery move that's not all that important.

Pace must draft a QB in case Trubisky is indeed not NFL material and oline, oline, oline.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in Matt Moore to challenge Trubisky. Draft a QB with their first pick.

O-line and TE next. DBs and SS to finish up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Moore is roughly like having Chase Daniel. Fine backup, but of no threat to be the guy. No thanks there. He stinks. People are fooled by him looking serviceable for a couple games in KC but he's never been able to be relied upon.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Gabriel at all but I have to laugh at the logic of replacing a WR with another one with a greater catch radius because our QB can't hit the side of a barn. One would think replacing the QB is the smarter move. But replacing Gabriel is a periphery move that's not all that important.

Pace must draft a QB in case Trubisky is indeed not NFL material and oline, oline, oline.

Replacing the QB is the smarter move. Been saying that for a while.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore is roughly like having Chase Daniel. Fine backup, but of no threat to be the guy. No thanks there. He stinks. People are fooled by him looking serviceable for a couple games in KC but he's never been able to be relied upon.

We can't afford to bring in "the guy" in FA.

I was honestly surprised to see Moore is two years older than Daniel? Daniel seems way older, IMO.

I thought Moore was a decent backup in Miami and KC.

If Trubisky is as awful as claimed, ANYBODY they bring in via FA should challenge for the job. Pretty sure all but like one available FA QB has better stats than Trubisky.

But we all know politics will be the true factor. Pace is going to go down with the Trubisky ship, come hell or high water.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a fan of getting two qbs when we have other needs.....Out of all the qbs that have been brought up,your boy Bridgewater is the guy I WOULD take if there was no other choice.....Id rather draft a qb and then get an o-lineman/te in the draft or freeagency.....Getting two qbs is too much when we get a lot of needs on offenae......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of getting two qbs when we have other needs.....Out of all the qbs that have been brought up,your boy Bridgewater is the guy I WOULD take if there was no other choice.....Id rather draft a qb and then get an o-lineman/te in the draft or freeagency.....Getting two qbs is too much when we get a lot of needs on offenae......

I get that, I just feel QB might be the most important need we have.

I don't think our o-line is as bad as it seems. (Tho Leno's regression is worrisome) I think the scheme makes it worse than it need be. It's just a garbage scheme, particularly on the running side of things. TE is just a disaster. Arguably the most disappointing aspect of this year's team. I would cut Burton, just for being a soft POS.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, I just feel QB might be the most important need we have.

I don't think our o-line is as bad as it seems. (Tho Leno's regression is worrisome) I think the scheme makes it worse than it need be. It's just a garbage scheme, particularly on the running side of things. TE is just a disaster. Arguably the most disappointing aspect of this year's team. I would cut Burton, just for being a soft POS.

As a SB winning Eagle,Burton comiing out as a freeagent,I thought he was gonna be huge asset to the team......but damn, talk about disappointment.........:tsk:

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a SB winning Eagle,Burton comiing out as a freeagent,I thought he was gonna be huge asset to the team......but damn, talk about disappointment.........:tsk:

Well, in fairness, he WAS, last year, right up until he had to face his former fwiends and teammates, and just couldn't handle it. Er, I mean, he pulled his vagina the night before the game. Something like that. :noidea:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford to bring in "the guy" in FA.

I was honestly surprised to see Moore is two years older than Daniel? Daniel seems way older, IMO.

I thought Moore was a decent backup in Miami and KC.

If Trubisky is as awful as claimed, ANYBODY they bring in via FA should challenge for the job. Pretty sure all but like one available FA QB has better stats than Trubisky.

But we all know politics will be the true factor. Pace is going to go down with the Trubisky ship, come hell or high water.

Moore was not good in Miami. He was 8-9 with an 86 rating and was embarrassing in their playoff loss that he started when Tannehill went down. He played his first games with KC this year and was okay. He wasn't very good in Carolina either. More INT's than TD's in 13 starts.

I mean, this is Chase Daniel. Matt Moore Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Not "the guy" as in "our future". But somebody we can win games with or even win in the playoffs if our D is healthy? Hell yes. Excuse me, hell FUCKING yes. Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, Dalton

If Trubisky is as awful as claimed, ANYBODY they bring in via FA should challenge for the job.

I mean, as it stands... COULD Matt Moore challenge Mitch on an even playing field? Where it's literally just QB vs QB with no "franchise commitments"? Absolutely. As could have Chase. But we're talking about bringing in someone you would actually like having challenge (and possibly relieve mid-season) Trubisky.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore was not good in Miami. He was 8-9 with an 86 rating and was embarrassing in their playoff loss that he started when Tannehill went down. He played his first games with KC this year and was okay. He wasn't very good in Carolina either. More INT's than TD's in 13 starts.

I mean, this is Chase Daniel. Matt Moore Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Not "the guy" as in "our future". But somebody we can win games with or even win in the playoffs if our D is healthy? Hell yes. Excuse me, hell FUCKING yes. Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, Dalton

If Trubisky is as awful as claimed, ANYBODY they bring in via FA should challenge for the job.

I mean, as it stands... COULD Matt Moore challenge Mitch on an even playing field? Where it's literally just QB vs QB with no "franchise commitments"? Absolutely. As could have Chase. But we're talking about bringing in someone you would actually like having challenge (and possibly relieve mid-season) Trubisky.

Moore's stats in Miami need an asterisk next to em', same as Tannehill's. Miami is a shithouse fire.

I honestly don't think we're in any position to be able to bring in a legitimate challenger to the job, particularly because of aforementioned politics/business side of things.

We ABSOLUTELY should draft a QB tho.

Honestly, I think the team, even with Trubisky, can still be good, but Nagy needs to seriously take a look in the mirror....he did a piss-poor job this year. Dating back to fucking training camp. Just a shit-show since the double-doink. Ya, ya, maybe Mitch isn't a world-beater, but Nagy did him zero favors, until it was too late, and even then, there were plenty of head-scratching moments from the coach.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm in the only camp who believe Pace has more integrity and will call it like it is when pressed on Trubisky. In no way do i believe Pace will stick with Trubisky because of politics. Frankly that seems rather silly and childish. Which explains why you idiots feel this way.

If there's a good young QB to grab that Pace likes, I have no doubt he'll take him. Even if that means he was wrong about Trubisky. Pace is not going to ride Trubisky out of spite.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs has Pace drafted since taking over in Chicago?

Answer that while considering where the Bears offense has finished year after year since the season before Pace came on board.

Also consider he’s the guy that paid Mike Glennon.

Then tell me again he knows exactly what he’s doing with the QB position.

Pace has hit on some good draft picks, trades, and FA signings. He’s also missed more than once at the most important position on the field.

I’m willing to bet $100 that none of the Bears first four picks in the draft go on a QB.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answer that while considering where the Bears offense has finished year after year since the season before Pace came on board.

Pace has hit on some good draft picks, trades, and FA signings. He’s also missed more than once at the most important position on the field.

I’m willing to bet $100 that none of the Bears first four picks in the draft go on a QB.

I can see Pace either bringing in Mariota (puke) or maybe taking that QB love from Utah and make him sit behind whoever "wins" the QB battle. Love is is way too raw to start now and needs to sit.

Another possibility is Smith, but that depends if he's ready to play again. I hope Nagy's KC connection with him and his injury gives us more leverage in signing him if that possibility pops up.

Every available dime needs to go into a Lineman (Scherf) or and EDGE. All these cap predictions don't includes Floyd's 13 mil option which should be rescinded as soon as free agency starts.

That'd give us around 32 mill to play with.:yes:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that proves Pace knows nothing about the QB position. He's 0 for 2 (assuming Trubs fails). (rolls eyes).

Do you know why he's failed so far to land a good QB? Because finding one in the draft is really really hard. It doesn't mean Pace is bad at it. It's just a hard thing to do in general. It's as simple as that you old geezer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore's stats in Miami need an asterisk next to em', same as Tannehill's. Miami is a shithouse fire.

I honestly don't think we're in any position to be able to bring in a legitimate challenger to the job, particularly because of aforementioned politics/business side of things.

We ABSOLUTELY should draft a QB tho.

Honestly, I think the team, even with Trubisky, can still be good, but Nagy needs to seriously take a look in the mirror....he did a piss-poor job this year. Dating back to fucking training camp. Just a shit-show since the double-doink. Ya, ya, maybe Mitch isn't a world-beater, but Nagy did him zero favors, until it was too late, and even then, there were plenty of head-scratching moments from the coach.

Those Miami teams weren't bad. Won 11 games in one of those seasons. Tannehill had his best year. Instantly dropped off to a shit offense when he became QB. If his stats were different elsewhere, I would agree. But they were worse in Carolina.

Fitz or Smith wouldn't be brought in as a "challenger" but rather a "strong veteran backup". No one would be brought in under the guise of being a "challenger". The staff and FO would make it clear that Trubisky is the guy. A "challenger" is just what they would become as Trubisky continues doing Trubisky things ("isn't a world beater" is very generous) and Matt Nagy is forced to think about his job security. Which would result in a change.

When you draft a QB after round 1. Historically, you're drafting a career backup with the ceiling of being a "filler" or "journeyman" starter. Very few wind-up career franchise guys. Even if two of them are named Brady and Brees. That doesn't change this fact.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that proves Pace knows nothing about the QB position. He's 0 for 2 (assuming Trubs fails). (rolls eyes).

Do you know why he's failed so far to land a good QB? Because finding one in the draft is really really hard. It doesn't mean Pace is bad at it. It's just a hard thing to do in general. It's as simple as that you old geezer.

He didn't just fail in the draft. He failed in free agency.

And I like Pace... but that excuse is hilarious. Go bring that to your boss. "It's really, really hard! Give me a break!"

Awww... poor little Ryan. His job is sooo tough. You know what else is tough? Coaching in the NFL. Playing in the NFL. I don't know what the hell kind of excuse that is.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn’t prove anything. It creates a history. It doesn’t mean he can’t hit on one but it provides a case that we shouldn’t assume he will.

Of course it’s hard. If it wasn’t any idiot that calls themself a genius could do it. There’s a reason you can only pretend online to know what’s right....because in real life it’s hard.

I didn’t say Pace is bad at anything. In fact....I said the opposite. For a genius....you’re a fucking moron.