• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Theo Riddick out 6-8 weeks Klis

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tough news: Broncos RB Theo Riddick suffered slight fracture in shoulder during preseason game Thursday at Seattle, per sources. Out 6-8 weeks.
Good news: No surgery. Should return after 2-4 regular season games.
In case you wondering about Devontae Booker's role.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tough news: Broncos RB Theo Riddick suffered slight fracture in shoulder during preseason game Thursday at Seattle, per sources. Out 6-8 weeks.
Good news: No surgery. Should return after 2-4 regular season games.
In case you wondering about Devontae Booker's role.

I can see this from the contact I saw him take in the game.

Outside of this type injury the Broncos need to look at the training program that's producing hammys, lats and torn pecks. With no qualifications in the business at all - I'd say that suggests these guys are not stretched out enough. I believe there was a change in Trainers for this season at Dove Valley.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tough news.

These 6-8 week injuries are going to change the final 53. Are we going to start the season with Lindsay and Freeman as the only RBs? I would say we keep an additional RB which means another position is short for a few weeks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tough news.

These 6-8 week injuries are going to change the final 53. Are we going to start the season with Lindsay and Freeman as the only RBs? I would say we keep an additional RB which means another position is short for a few weeks.

This is exactly why Lock taking the #2 QB job could save a roster spot - allowing the Broncos to go with 2 QBs and have Rypien stashed on the PS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Riddick will go on IR then be released with an injury settlement once healthy. Not sure he was gonna make the team to be honest.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why Lock taking the #2 QB job could save a roster spot - allowing the Broncos to go with 2 QBs and have Rypien stashed on the PS.

These injuries may force that to be the case. If Flacco gets hurt are we confident that Hogan can come in and win games better then Lock? I am not confident in that and the experience will only help develop Lock. I would be in favor of cutting Hogan now and give the extra reps to Lock and Rypien.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tough news.

No we won’t start with two rbs. Booker isn’t injured. Riddick probably goes to IR theb released once healthy with an injury settlement.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick seemed like he was doing pretty well. Why do you think he gets cut?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury or not Rypien is likely going to the PS. I don’t think this injury news means much for roster spots in terms of other positions. If anything it means Booker’s competition for the 3rd RB spot just got easier. Muhammad and Jackson are playing very well too so they will continue to push him. Riddick was far from a lock to make the roster.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we won’t start with two rbs. Booker isn’t injured. Riddick probably goes to IR theb released once healthy with an injury settlement.

How many spots do teams have for IR designated to return? Just one?
Can the Broncos move a guy to IR - do an injury settlement and sign him back to the active roster?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has to go on IR once the season starts to go on IR designated to return which means we could wait until the season starts to put him on IR, My guess is we won't though. You cannot put a guy on IR-designated to return in the PS. I actually believe Riddick doesn't even qualify for IR-designated to return since his injury was in PS, but those details I am still iffy on. The fact that his injury is now known as a PS injury would make it tough to do.

Once you place a guy on IR he cannot play for you the rest of the year unless he is one of the designated to returns during the season which they did change the rules from 1 player to I believe 2 players a year. (NFL relly needs a 4 week injury list) I don't see how they haven't done something like that yet. If you place a player on IR and reach injury settlement with them once healthy you cannot re-sign them that same football calendar year. He would have to sign with another team.

I remember helping a player I knew on the Giants named Cary Harris a CB from USC. He went on IR but it wasn't a season ender. They then reached an injury settlement with him once healthy. Another team (Bengals I believe) wanted to sign him once he was healthy but his contract wasn't guaranteed. If he didn't sign with another team the Giants had to pay him for the rest of the year which was guaranteed unless he signed with another team. In the end he decided not to sign in fear he could be released soon after so that he got paid for the entire year. It ended up being the end of his career and probably cost him a shot with one more team, but at the same time I understood why he did it, he would be giving up an entire years salary taking a chance that the Bengals kept him on the roster the rest of the year. A lot of wild behind the scene things with NFL injuries.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Riddick will be on the team this year. His skill set is a prerequisite for this offense.

Sucks because he was integrated from day one

Was he hurt on that crappy pass from Hogan?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is gonna be hard to keep Jano and Riddick both inactive for the first month of the season and save their spot. We will see. Already tired of injuries. I believe he was hurt on the crappy Hogan play. We have 3 weeks to go still with other nagging injuries that will probably miss the start of the season too. Roster crunch is tough!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick didn’t show me anything more than Muhammad so not sure he’s worth keeping.

I was never a fan of the Riddick signing in the first place so if this lets Booker show why he’s better(he did have the better statistical season last year anyways) or gets us to keep Muhammad I’m
100% fine with Riddick being gone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Had no issue bringing Riddick in to compete and push the others but he doesn’t strike me as a guy I save a roster spot for if needed. I understand 7 players have to be active on gameday but I am fine with what we have at RB. Lindsay and Freeman do their thing. Booker is fine as a 3rd down back and much betee blocker. Sure Riddick is a good receiver but I am not sold he was making the team anyway. He had very little interest when he was cut and is here to compete. Unfortunately this injury came up for him and he may find him on IR until an injury settlement is reached.