• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wire

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 lives up to the hype so far. Just riveting without a false note that I can detect, which was not always the case in season 1-3 occasionally, when the action moved away from the streets.

I'm know I'm not the first to say it but Michael K Williams as Omar deserves a place on the Mt Rushmore of all-time great TV characters. The role is fantastic in and of itself, but he routinely takes it to another level. Andre Royo as Bubbles isn't far behind but it isn't as much fun to watching the life of a street junky as it as the Robin Hood of the hood. But every performance in season 4 is solid to excellent.. even those I wasn't all that impressed with before.

I'm not really looking forward to episodes 9-12 because it's pretty clear where it's headed, even though what happens to whom isn't.
Jimmy Fallon Time GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are about to witness the greatest season television has to offer. Which is a blessing and a curse.

You got that right. Just tremendous. It really got to me .. the bowl I smoked before the final episode probably had something to do with that. The fade out song and quick pans of the remaining characters was a work of art.. actually the entire final episode was. Even the McNulty character was perfectly written and played.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some judge bitch quoted this show today

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I first saw him in The Wire though.

He was wasted as Dorky's Dad in Suits.
I started to watch Suits but haven't gotten to any episodes he's in. The show has kind of lost me in the first season.

He was excellent in Jack Ryan on Amazon

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to watch Suits but haven't gotten to any episodes he's in. The show has kind of lost me in the first season.

He was excellent in Jack Ryan on Amazon

Yes he was. I watched Suits with the Mrs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right. Just tremendous. It really got to me .. the bowl I smoked before the final episode probably had something to do with that. The fade out song and quick pans of the remaining characters was a work of art.. actually the entire final episode was. Even the McNulty character was perfectly written and played.

Bodie was one of my fav characters, great arc for him.

The school plot was excellent. You kinda knew the ending for the 4 kids but never knew completely how and who would end up where.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize #10 was the final episode until about 15 minutes left. It was a bit thin the way they wrapped it up but I liked it.. even the McNulty character, until the "all hail McNulty" bar scene. The only aspect of this show that bugged me was the way they portrayed his character, but that's a quibble. Idk about best series ever. I'll still take Breaking Bad while admitting The Wire had a more difficult job by covering much more varied subject matter and environments and agree that TV doesn't get any better than season #4.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actress (who I did not know was a female until well into the show's run) who played Snoop was so frightening and effective I looked her up to see what else she's done.. only to discover she was so good becuse that's who she is :eek:... a preteen & teen drug dealer whose parents were crack addicts, who did a stretch for 2nd degree murder. She wasn't an actress. Michael K Williams discovered her at a club and invited her to the set to meet the writers and producers.