• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE Way Too Long League line up thread Playoff Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth. Won my must win game by 2 1/2 points so here is the line up I'm going with this week. I'll post the other team's line ups as they put them in. The playoff format is seeds 1,4 and 6 play over the next 2 weeks and seeds 2,3 and 5 do the same. You can only use a player once over the 2 weeks so I'll be playing all of my guise this week. Basically, anybody with Packers or Chiefs will play them next week. Anyway, here is my line up now. This is not PPR.

1609869409802.png

I'm struggling with Wilson over Rivers. Also wondering about Davis over Woods and Washington over Indy. That defensive 6 points is a big deal come playoff time................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one of the teams I am facing. He will start Aaron Jones next week.
1609869947289.png

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth. Won my must win game by 2 1/2 points so here is the line up I'm going with this week. I'll post the other team's line ups as they put them in. The playoff format is seeds 1,4 and 6 play over the next 2 weeks and seeds 2,3 and 5 do the same. You can only use a player once over the 2 weeks so I'll be playing all of my guise this week. Basically, anybody with Packers or Chiefs will play them next week. Anyway, here is my line up now. This is not PPR.

View attachment 261469

I'm struggling with Wilson over Rivers. Also wondering about Davis over Woods and Washington over Indy. That defensive 6 points is a big deal come playoff time................

first off, that is a sick WC roster...

I would easily start Rivers over WIlson… Buffalo is going to score, the colts need to keep up...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see that you can only start a player for one week... that is more of a reason to start Rivers this week, as the colts are less likely to win than the seahawks...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off, that is a sick WC roster...

I would easily start Rivers over WIlson… Buffalo is going to score, the colts need to keep up...
If by sick you mean good well thanks! It was a pain in the ass to build it and still win during the regular season. If by sick you mean bed, well, bummer................lol. I think it is the best out of the 3 teams that play in my bracket though.......but not by much.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by sick you mean good well thanks! It was a pain in the ass to build it and still win during the regular season. If by sick you mean bed, well, bummer................lol. I think it is the best out of the 3 teams that play in my bracket though.......but not by much.

yes sick means good... Really never heard it used to mean bad, other than to describe someone who doesn't feel well...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the other team's roster.
1609879953290.png

My guess is:
Smith
Hunt
Hines
Dez
Claypool
Pascal
Dissley
Butker
Seahawks

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has a better chance of playing next week (Vegas says a very slight diff)

yet who knows fer sure eh !

but i do like Rivers trying to keep up with Buffalo

unless you really like Indy over Buffalo then it does make sense to play Rivers

even if they both lose Rivers should be able to match Wilson this week

i think ya gotta bench the one that ya think has the better chance of playing again whatever your head and or heart tells ya..

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol................so it's pretty obvious I gave you guise the rules "Clear as mud". So, you only get to play a guy for 1 of the 2 weeks. So what happens next week doesn't matter unless you have a Chief or Packer. Otherwise you are taking a chance on not getting to play a guy if his team wins. So fer me since I don't have Packers or Chiefs, I have to play the best line up I possibly can.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol................so it's pretty obvious I gave you guise the rules "Clear as mud". So, you only get to play a guy for 1 of the 2 weeks. So what happens next week doesn't matter unless you have a Chief or Packer. Otherwise you are taking a chance on not getting to play a guy if his team wins. So fer me since I don't have Packers or Chiefs, I have to play the best line up I possibly can.
So after these first 2 weeks, then the 2 winners play fer tSuperbowl with whoever they have left. I have been in 2 out of the 4 years I've played in this league and never had a decent QB. At least this year I have a decent shot at it. Really wish tRams weren't playing Seattle this week.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have 2 wks to field 1 complete roster? Not a full team for 2wks in row?

I was about to say that just having 2 playoff QBs was a huge advantage for the 2nd wk, but don't think that matters.

Still, I go Rivers over Wilson.
Russ has just been OK lately, hasn't really played well vs Rams first 2 games this year, and Rivers has been playing pretty well last 6-8wks. Seems like the colts always score 30-35pts lately.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have 2 wks to field 1 complete roster? Not a full team for 2wks in row?

I was about to say that just having 2 playoff QBs was a huge advantage for the 2nd wk, but don't think that matters.

Still, I go Rivers over Wilson.
Russ has just been OK lately, hasn't really played well vs Rams first 2 games this year, and Rivers has been playing pretty well last 6-8wks. Seems like the colts always score 30-35pts lately.
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my new roster. Was surprised to get Hyde as Carson is made of glass. Gonna dump Thielen but not sure who fer yet.
1609910110074.png

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Sammy !! I can certainly understand the Rivers vs Wilson issue. From what I've seen of the Bills, I think they get by IND so Rivers would not be available for ya next week looking ahead. .... plus that Rams DEF has been awfully good of late.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still like Rivers over Wilson and i do believe if Wilson wins then yes he may outscore Rivers this week (yet he still may not) and then ya have wilson over Hill next week

the only way i do not start Rivers this week is im all but sure he is back in the next

Sam i may be better off enjoying your posts then commenting and maybe influencing you

too late now....

so

Rivers scores to keep pace with The Bills (and he outscores Wilson) this week if he doesnt it will be mighty close

however i do like Wilson's chances to be still standing next week better than i like River's chance to be there..

i thought this message xmitted yesterday but it was still here when i signed on

and now i see its a popular choice as well so there is that...

take me to the rivers.....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started with Phillipe Rivera and have changed 20 times................lol. Pretty sure I'll change it 20 more...............

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would play Rivers. Wilson has done absolutely nothing in the two games he played the Rams this year and that defense is just really good. Buffalo's defense sucks and they are going to score points so it's Rivers and it's not very close for me. But then again I started Mitchell Trubisky over Russell Wilson in the week 16 championship round because the Seahawks were playing the Rams that week too and Trubisky outscored him by 5 points. I wouldn't play Davis over Woods because John Brown should be back for Buffalo and I would stick with the Indy defense as I actually think they have a better chance of winning than the Redskins do.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would play Rivers. Wilson has done absolutely nothing in the two games he played the Rams this year and that defense is just really good. Buffalo's defense sucks and they are going to score points so it's Rivers and it's not very close for me. But then again I started Mitchell Trubisky over Russell Wilson in the week 16 championship round because the Seahawks were playing the Rams that week too and Trubisky outscored him by 5 points. I wouldn't play Davis over Woods because John Brown should be back for Buffalo and I would stick with the Indy defense as I actually think they have a better chance of winning than the Redskins do.
Yeah, gonna make the change to Rivera. The trick with the D is who has a better chance of giving up the least amount of points and weigh that against how many positive points (sacks, INT's, Fumbles). And yeah, gotta play Woods over the kid methinks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, go with Rivers.
I like your chances this week, Sama.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam what about the PK

i do like Myers over Hopkins this week but... for the 2 week combo the odds of you playing Hopkins next week or pretty small

so lets say Myers bests Hopkins by 4 this week 10-6

now next week hits and you do not have a kicker so you score a 2 week total of 10

but if ya go with the reverse and Hopkins gets ya the 6 this week you may score a whole lot more than 10 total if ya play Myers in week 2

now the worst case is ya short yourself in my scenario is 4 points if Myers loses as well

and really who says Myers outscores Hopkins this week.... ok ok he prob does

but i surely like my chances of having a kicker for 2 weeks with Myers getting through rather than banking on Hokins getting through