• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way-too-early 2019-20 MLB free agent rankings

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm posting this link because it has been my belief that Hahn & co are throwing out smokescreens this offseason as to their desire of signing a big name free agent this year (ie, Harper or Machado). I think they have all along been targeting the FAs from the classes of '19 & '20. If this turns out to be true, here is a nice field guide to those who will be available during this two year period. My #1 on this list far and away is Nolan Arenado, who also happens to be the highest rated member of this group, altho I'm not crazy about waiting until the 2020 season to have him. But he would be the perfect fit for our ballclub - great stick, great glove, no headaches from a personal standpoint. 3b happens to be one of our weaker positions with no immediate help on the horizon, especially with our #1 3b prospect, Jake Burger, out for who knows how long with having suffered a torn achilles tendon injury....twice.

Way-too-early 2019-20 MLB free-agent rankings

Don't interpret this as that I don't think the Sox will avoid signing free agents this year. I just don't think they're going after any marquee names, regardless of all the scuttlebut to the contrary.