• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two in Five NBA Draft : CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once met a guy on my squad, Arvydas Sabonis. I was able to get into a private practice the Blazers were having and got to meet and get autographs for the team. It was back in 1999. I remember it because Bonzi Wells was a rookie at the time and they were chucking balls all over the court and making him retrieve them and also carry their bags.

Anyways go autographs from pretty much the whole team. I was thinking to myself all these guys were huge and then walks up Sabonis, all 7'3" of him. Biggest dude I've ever seen in my life. I felt like I barely went up to his waist.

Fun fact: Rasheed Wallace refused to give my friend an autograph. Most of us had basketball cards for the guys to sign. My friend was rushing to get there and was only able to bring index cards for signatures. He went up to Sheed and asked and Sheed looked my friend up and down and said "nah, I don't sign pieces of paper" and just walked out. Like a boss.

I saw Lebron at one of his H.S. practices when he was a sophomore or a junior at St. V's.
Also, was touring the H.S. when I was in middle school and he was sitting in the bleachers watching a movie on his mini computer (Nike probably gave him that lol) and there were hundreds of kids around him just watching it too but it was weird bc it's like he was at home watching it like he didn't even notice all the people.
Also, saw him eating at an Applebee's with some friends, I was about to get his autograph but then my dad said lets wait until they get done eating and I will go. We looked back in a couple minutes and he was gone :Cry:

Btw...Rasheed is a complete douche.

I met and got Kenny Lofton's autograph on his rookie card. Nos is jealous.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball cards aren't worth shit in general now. You would have to pay someone to take Kirby card

WOW, what would that make a Lofton card worth, I mean he never won anything and he won't ever sniff the HOF...

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never fear, I'm home from shaping the future of America.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball cards aren't worth shit in general now. You would have to pay someone to take Kirby card

You say that. And it is true. But I wanted to buy my nephew a signed Conor Jackson baseball card. Surprisingly that is still over 20 dollars. Was expecting cheaper.

And the reason I want Conor Jackson is because that is his first and middle name. And no, he wasn’t named after Conor Jackson. The dad, my brother in law wanted to name the kid after the terminator. As he is a 70s/80s child.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that. And it is true. But I wanted to buy my nephew a signed Conor Jackson baseball card. Surprisingly that is still over 20 dollars. Was expecting cheaper.

And the reason I want Conor Jackson is because that is his first and middle name. And no, he wasn’t named after Conor Jackson. The dad, my brother in law wanted to name the kid after the terminator. As he is a 70s/80s child.

Ohh you will still have to pay the price when going to the store...but if you try selling them they have depreciated big time imo. Wish I would have sold mine 10 years ago but I thought I would keep collecting for years and pass it on to my children. It just to be the trend when I was growing up and before my time...now it's just anything technology. I was so excited getting to spend my chore money on baseball cards growing up. Maybe it is just where I live...I could be totally wrong.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh you will still have to pay the price when going to the store...but if you try selling them they have depreciated big time imo. Wish I would have sold mine 10 years ago but I thought I would keep collecting for years and pass it on to my children. It just to be the trend when I was growing up and before my time...now it's just anything technology. I was so excited getting to spend my chore money on baseball cards growing up. Maybe it is just where I live...I could be totally wrong.

I know. I was born in 1985, every birthday my dad would buy and save a set of baseball cards. I also had boxes of cards myself. Always thought that one day I would sell it and get a good something. Especially since that is how my uncle was able to travel around the world twice. But of course I never sold it and now I pretty much can’t.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I was born in 1985, every birthday my dad would buy and save a set of baseball cards. I also had boxes of cards myself. Always thought that one day I would sell it and get a good something. Especially since that is how my uncle was able to travel around the world twice. But of course I never sold it and now I pretty much can’t.

Yep I have binders full of mainly baseball cards. Have a little wooden box with some basketball cards, some nice rookie cards but it was mainly baseball for me. No point in selling them now so I can just keep them as a childhood memory.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still cards worth money, but only rookie cards for the most part. The reason cards are worth nothing now is because of companies like Fleer and Upper Deck, they flooded the market, I think it was upper deck who printed like 1,000,000 Ken Griffey rookie cards making there value zilch.

All my cards were Topps.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Milk

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00