• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two Best Bronco's teams - never to win the SB

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1996 Denver Broncos - with Elway and TD as superstars - got a fat head and lost to the Jags at home in the first round of the playoffs. Elway in the twilight of his prime - and TD at the threshold of a magnificent career.

2012 Denver Broncos - Manning's first year with the Broncos - he was still a physically skilled QB - and back from neck surgery and questions about his career being over. This team had - perhaps - the very best Bronco's offense in the club's history. Lost to the Ravens in overtime in the Playoffs (Ravens went on to the Super Bowl champions).

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing to always consider is the quality of the hypothetical SB opponent. So that 1996 team would have faced a pretty good Packers team.

I also don’t get into this theorizing for Broncos teams that actually reached the Super Bowl because we already know what happened. Incidentally I agree the 2013 team was the best team the Broncos brought to a Super Bowl they didn’t win, but for this discussion I’m looking at two others.

2012 Broncos: when you think about how this team had it going on both on offense and defense and would have faced a 49ers team that was pretty good but not dominant it’s hard to argue against this one.

2005 Broncos: solid offense, damn good defense. I recall this season this team got no attention from sorts media but may have actually been the best team in the league that year. Until the planets aligned for the Steelers in the playoffs.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1996 Denver Broncos - with Elway and TD as superstars - got a fat head and lost to the Jags at home in the first round of the playoffs. Elway in the twilight of his prime - and TD at the threshold of a magnificent career.

2012 Denver Broncos - Manning's first year with the Broncos - he was still a physically skilled QB - and back from neck surgery and questions about his career being over. This team had - perhaps - the very best Bronco's offense in the club's history. Lost to the Ravens in overtime in the Playoffs (Ravens went on to the Super Bowl champions).

I agree. Those are the two that come to mind