• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Trade.........How did we fare

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Bears include two No. 1s in Mack trade

Altho BFG pretty must posted the identical info on the other post (thanks buddy), I thought it was best to start a new thread dedicated strictly to the trade, now that we have the official numbers as to who gets what.

Back when it was the two 1st rounders plus White and Kwiatkowski, I thought it was too steep, altho that would never stop me from welcoming Mack with open arms into the Bears family. But based on the new numbers, it's still steep, but not ridiculously so. Let's face it, a player of his caliber and at that position, and as one of the top 3 or 4 defensive players in the league, is going to command a hefty price, there's no getting around it. But overall, I'm much happier with the numbers than what was originally rumored.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way. Since the bears drafted Brian urlacher in 2000, I would trade any duo of draft picks straight up for Mack. The best duo I can remember is Olsen and Harris (Pre knee injury). There’s no fucking chance the raiders pick players that will replace what Mack brings.

Having said that, we gave up two firsts, a third, and a sixth. We got a second and conditional fifth. We practically traded Mack for two firsts and an upgraded pick. I think that is a great price to pay for a generational talent, like Mack.

We win this trade by lightyears.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of two teams that can say with a straight face they did as well or better than what Mack offers with their first round picks. One of them was a playoff team, and the other drafted Aaron Donald.

Browns with Garrett/Mayfield will be in the conversation shortly, but If you're comparing back to back 1:1 picks, well, you're already getting to orange territory.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did great......

He vaulted our defense to top 5......And if anyone would look at the trade as I do,we only gave up 1 1st round pick and what other small details of the trade were,the other no.1 we gave up,is just a year early......Mack is a proven player,we would not know what type of player our no.1 next year would pan out anyways.......Great trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say we just gave up Trubs and Roquan. But I don't think them picks will be in the top ten where we got those two. Will be giving the raiders 2 picks at the end of the first rounds.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say we just gave up Trubs and Roquan. But I don't think them picks will be in the top ten where we got those two. Will be giving the raiders 2 picks at the end of the first rounds.
and we will be getting a high 2nd rounder too, cuz the raiders are going to suck

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we will be getting a high 2nd rounder too, cuz the raiders are going to suck

Maybe. I would of liked it better if the 2nd rounder was next years draft. But Gruden has a lot of picks and another year to revamp that team for 2020. By then they may be pretty good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I would of liked it better if the 2nd rounder was next years draft. But Gruden has a lot of picks and another year to revamp that team for 2020. By then they may be pretty good.

Their D is terrible. They will need to hit home runs on their draft picks.

I think the Bears post a good record this year, making those picks less desirable.

Anything could happen, but I'm cool with the trade. I think the Bears' window is right now-to the next 5 years, and aside from maybe depth, the roster is solid...our starting units should be pretty good.

I really feel the arrow is pointing waay up for the Bears, while coincidentally, I see GB and Minny's window starting to shut.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being equal I too would have preferred the '19 2nd rounder over the '20 version. But I also feel it's going to take several years for the Raiders to right their ship. We should get a pretty decent spot when the 2020 draft rolls around.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading a comment from a Bears fan on another website, I have to agree that you can say we only gave up one 1st rounder in the trade with Oakland because our '19 1st rounder is Khalil Mack. And we get him for a whole year in advance to boot. Ok, a touch more expensive in the salary dept, but hey why split hairs.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Fudge that in the picks ahead of them, no way the Raiders draft a player like Mack to break even.

And even if they do, that narcissist Gruden will probably want to trade him too if the defense doesn't improve across the board.

I think the defense will give opposing offenses fits. And at worse, if Trubisky turns out to be like Rex Grossman, the offense is gonna move the ball and score points.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears gave away too much in my opinion. You had better hope that Mack doesn't suffer a serious injury.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears gave away too much in my opinion. You had better hope that Mack doesn't suffer a serious injury.
Obviously the biggest gamble/risk in it all. Best they can do to attempt to predict that future is to look at his past. It's a crapshoot tho.

Reactions: GNG

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way. Since the bears drafted Brian urlacher in 2000, I would trade any duo of draft picks straight up for Mack. The best duo I can remember is Olsen and Harris (Pre knee injury). There’s no fucking chance the raiders pick players that will replace what Mack brings.

Having said that, we gave up two firsts, a third, and a sixth. We got a second and conditional fifth. We practically traded Mack for two firsts and an upgraded pick. I think that is a great price to pay for a generational talent, like Mack.

We win this trade by lightyears.

Go back through any organization's last decade. You'll be very hard pressed to find a back-to-back pair of first round draft picks that you'd take over Mack.

And we got a 2nd back. Logistically... we didn't lose a player. Two firsts = two players. Mack + 2nd round pick = two players. I'll take the latter option.

We're also in a position to pay Mack. Pace has hoarded cap space since he took over and we also don't have an expensive QB on the roster. Even if Trubs is worth that money one day (we hope) it will be 3 years down the line and I'm sure the Mack deal is front loaded.

This whole thing just clicked for us.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back through any organization's last decade. You'll be very hard pressed to find a back-to-back pair of first round draft picks that you'd take over Mack.

And we got a 2nd back. Logistically... we didn't lose a player. Two firsts = two players. Mack + 2nd round pick = two players. I'll take the latter option.

We're also in a position to pay Mack. Pace has hoarded cap space since he took over and we also don't have an expensive QB on the roster. Even if Trubs is worth that money one day (we hope) it will be 3 years down the line and I'm sure the Mack deal is front loaded.

This whole thing just clicked for us.
from what I have seen, it isn’t.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, not to beat a dead horse......even tho I'm beating a dead horse is again stressing that our #1 pick next year, probably somewhere in the mid teens, would have been an EDGE/OLB anyway, being this was by far the weakest position on the defense and arguably the entire roster as well. So a mid-teen draftee vs Khalil Mack. Hmmmmm...........

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bears fare, very well. Grabbing Mack fixed a big hole in the D. However, this teams fortunes still reside upon Mitch's shoulders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bears fare, very well. Grabbing Mack fixed a big hole in the D. However, this teams fortunes still reside upon Mitch's shoulders.

True, but I don't think Mitch needs to light the world on fire like Goff/Wentz in year #2 for us to be competitive. We just need him to grow and play solid football.