• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The time is near…Super Conferences

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB is dying as we know it, which is a good thing. They can improve it if they play their cards right. I keep hearing alliance this, alliance that. Why don't they just create a larger scale NFL format? It makes sense. 8 divisions of 9 as I've already proposed. It would be nice if they had a commissioner with a crew in which the SEC would not make the decisions. Jay Bilas gets my vote.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB is dying as we know it, which is a good thing. They can improve it if they play their cards right. I keep hearing alliance this, alliance that. Why don't they just create a larger scale NFL format? It makes sense. 8 divisions of 9 as I've already proposed. It would be nice if they had a commissioner with a crew in which the SEC would not make the decisions. Jay Bilas gets my vote.
Well, it looks like change is inevitable. Don't like it........... but coming around to it slowly. (don't care for your first sentence.........?? why.....)

An NFL like model possibly with many tweaks to it. maybe a national 4 division format? with 30 teams per pod??? and no, not a North/South/East/West breakdown.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 10/ACC/Pac-12 thing is a possible scheduling alliance, not a new super conference.
It's a voting bloc and potential CBA more than anything else.

What's going to happen, IMO, is that they're going to make ESPN come to the table and bid. And in the process, they'll bring the SEC into that fold too. The SEC isn't getting left out of the decision making in the long run- They're just power checking ESPN.

The big issue is going to be what happens to Wake Forest, Vandy, Oregon State, maybe Purdue, etc. down the line. There are a lot of valuable schools and fanbases, but every conference has its dead weight and whether or not they're willing to cast their dead weight aside is going to be the big question. The Big 12 just had more than most.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is EMBARASSING, POORLY PLANNED, and WEAKENS the prestige of those 3 leagues without addressing the only injured league (big 12).

They are openly admitting they are 2nd tier leagues afraid of the SEC influence.
There is literally no geographic, historical, or cultural reason for the PAC and ACC to do any sort of scheduling alliance.
Planning will be a nightmare to have idiotic trips between teams like Boston College and Arizona State for Volleyball games.
There is going to be zero revenue bounce. That is the only reason to do anything with conferences.
Those leagues already schedule aggressively out of conference in the one sport that matters (FOOTBALL).
The Big 12 is now even more damaged, which take away counter votes from the SEC which was the plan.

I never believed the idea that the SEC was smarter than everyone else UNTIL NOW.

I hope the PAC/Big10/ACC comes to the senses and realizes how it makes them look weak and pathetic.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is EMBARASSING, POORLY PLANNED, and WEAKENS the prestige of those 3 leagues without addressing the only injured league (big 12).

They are openly admitting they are 2nd tier leagues afraid of the SEC influence.
There is literally no geographic, historical, or cultural reason for the PAC and ACC to do any sort of scheduling alliance.
Planning will be a nightmare to have idiotic trips between teams like Boston College and Arizona State for Volleyball games.
There is going to be zero revenue bounce. That is the only reason to do anything with conferences.
Those leagues already schedule aggressively out of conference in the one sport that matters (FOOTBALL).
The Big 12 is now even more damaged, which take away counter votes from the SEC which was the plan.

I never believed the idea that the SEC was smarter than everyone else UNTIL NOW.

I hope the PAC/Big10/ACC comes to the senses and realizes how it makes them look weak and pathetic.
Should increase revenue - isn’t that how this whole shit show started?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football thrives because of tradition....one day these fucks promoting superconferences going to find this out when it's too late. If I wanted an NFL g league I would've supported one of the many failed leagues we've had recently.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like change is inevitable. Don't like it........... but coming around to it slowly. (don't care for your first sentence.........?? why.....)

An NFL like model possibly with many tweaks to it. maybe a national 4 division format? with 30 teams per pod??? and no, not a North/South/East/West breakdown.

Actually a 4 division with 30 teams would be great if it WAS North, South, East, West.

The appeal of college football is regional rivalries. I can't think of a better way to achieve that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a 4 division with 30 teams would be great if it WAS North, South, East, West.

The appeal of college football is regional rivalries. I can't think of a better way to achieve that.

Or NW/SW/NE/SE

1629923624189.jpeg

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC rolled a grenade into the Big XII room here. So let’s not misplace blame here for their demise. The SEC poached the two biggest “poachable “ schools in the country. They consolidated power.

So the response to that by the other three conferences (Sorry the Big XII is/was done as any type of a “Power Conference”) is what has your panties in a twist? I’m sure this alliance is mostly about football, so Pitt’s volleyball team will likely not be hopping too many red-eyes to play Stanford, but I’m sure they appreciate your concern.

The other three conferences are doing what they need to to stem SEC power a bit. It isn’t dumb, nor is it surprising.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC rolled a grenade into the Big XII room here. So let’s not misplace blame here for their demise. The SEC poached the two biggest “poachable “ schools in the country. They consolidated power.

So the response to that by the other three conferences (Sorry the Big XII is/was done as any type of a “Power Conference”) is what has your panties in a twist? I’m sure this alliance is mostly about football, so Pitt’s volleyball team will likely not be hopping too many red-eyes to play Stanford, but I’m sure they appreciate your concern.

The other three conferences are doing what they need to to stem SEC power a bit. It isn’t dumb, nor is it surprising.

It's also about controlling the future of the CFP, having voting power and preventing ESPN from monopolizing the future of the sport. The scheduling thing is just another way to increase revenue. As you stated, non-revenue sports won't be traveling cross country on the regular. Football and Basketball.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I believe that was what was intended. I think the vertical line however would need to be moved further east to probably the Mississippi River.

So the NorthEast would be everything east of the Mississippi and North of the Old South.
Southeast would be everything south of that and east of Miss. River.
NorthWest would be everything west of Miss. River and North of "Slavery Line".
SouthWest would be everything west o MIss. River and South of "Slavery LIne".

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a voting bloc and potential CBA more than anything else.

What's going to happen, IMO, is that they're going to make ESPN come to the table and bid. And in the process, they'll bring the SEC into that fold too. The SEC isn't getting left out of the decision making in the long run- They're just power checking ESPN.

The big issue is going to be what happens to Wake Forest, Vandy, Oregon State, maybe Purdue, etc. down the line. There are a lot of valuable schools and fanbases, but every conference has its dead weight and whether or not they're willing to cast their dead weight aside is going to be the big question. The Big 12 just had more than most.
It's really not even a voting block - at least, not yet. It's a scheduling alliance, plain & simple.

The Alliance is only for football and men's & women's basketball. Those are the only sports that make coin, anyhoo. And they will proceed with future games that are already scheduled, so it may be a while before many of the interconference football match-ups between those 3 leagues get on the books. The Big 10 & Pac-12 may have to drop back to 8 conference games if they want to expedite things in football. Basketball scheduling won't be as difficult since those games aren't put on the books as far in advance as football.
Should increase revenue - isn’t that how this whole shit show started?
You are correct, sir!

CUScorpion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I believe that was what was intended. I think the vertical line however would need to be moved further east to probably the Mississippi River.

So the NorthEast would be everything east of the Mississippi and North of the Old South.
Southeast would be everything south of that and east of Miss. River.
NorthWest would be everything west of Miss. River and North of "Slavery Line".
SouthWest would be everything west o MIss. River and South of "Slavery LIne".
That’d be great! 10 of the top 15 on a regular basis are in the bottom right quadrant.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’d be great! 10 of the top 15 on a regular basis are in the bottom right quadrant.

That's a matter of opinion. Regardless of how strong one area is over the other, each area should get the same amount of "playoff teams".

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10? You exaggerating a little, just maybe? lol Clemson & Bama(sure), LSU(sometimes), Florida(sometimes), Miami(not so much anymore), FSU(not so much anymore), Ole Miss(only occasionally). So Carolina(almost never), Arkansas(almost never), Tennessee(almost never), Kentucky(almost never), UNC(almost never), GTech(almost never), Virginia(almost never), Auburn(sometimes), Miss St(only occasionally).

So it's more like 4 or 5. imo