• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Time Has Come the Walrus Said - To Speak of Many Things

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I am most eager to get settled here - is that there is a quality to these Broncos that is indomitable. It is an intangible, but real in terms of character that these Broncos won 8 games that went down to the last drive of the game.

What makes winners over losers? More importantly for these Broncos - what makes them more dramatic winners - than noble losers? I'd say there is a team character here that uses the drama of a situation to propel themselves to great heights. They respond to the pressure with channeled talent and effort. Wade Phillip's defense is so effective because he let's his players anticipate and make judgments. In terms of team character this team reminds me of a Dan Reeves type team - certainly not the character of a Shanahan team.

These Denver Bronco's are incredibly well conditioned - both by a conditioning program and by harboring the human capital of players that is designed to keep them from wearing out during the season. Kubiak rests his vets - and plays his rookies and that spreads the experience and the wear and tear around the football team. Now the rookies are ready to play have have had 1st team and live actions snaps and your vets are well rested and jacked by the playoff chances. Here the Bronco luck has been the product of design.

One other thing - if Wade Phillips can confuse Tom Brady - he is going to have a fun time with Cam Newton.

Another thing - These Panthers are good - extremely good - Cam Newton has had an MVP season. These Broncos are big game - big moment tested. Can that be said about the Panthers? Defense wins this game for the Broncos and it will likely be close at the end.

This Denver Bronco defense has a chance to go down as an all time great defense. How often can you say that going into a Super Bowl?

Go Broncos!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina faced only 4 playoff teams this regular season - the Redskins, the Seahawks, the Texans and the Packers, with only the Hawks being the only road win .. Their division was one of the worst in the NFL, and their non-division games came against the NFC East ( Dallas, Philly, Washington and the Giants )

I am not saying that they will not pose a formidable challenge, however, I think that things should be put into perspective . .

The Hawks were not the same Hawks of two years ago - they lost this season to twice to the Rams , squeaked by the Cowboys 13-12, got by the Lions 13-10 .... and who knows what the Cards really are

Maybe I am over doing it here, but there is a lot more to winning a Super Bowl than simply running thru your division of the Saints, Bucs and Falcons and the NFC East

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what your saying Spirit and what you say is true about their competition this year in and out of their division. Like I said in another post is I think this Panther D possess some unique challenges for our O line and Qb. That's where the unknown lies. I believe Wade and the D will come up with a pretty solid plan for Cam and will try and confuse him with some creative looks and that has worked on this young qb who,as much as he's progressed, his weakness is he still has a way to go reading D's especially vs formidable ones like Phillips. Denver's D will play well enough to win. Will Denver's offense continue to score enough points to keep this winning formula up vs Panthers.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I am most eager to get settled here - is that there is a quality to these Broncos that is indomitable. It is an intangible, but real in terms of character that these Broncos won 8 games that went down to the last drive of the game.

What makes winners over losers? More importantly for these Broncos - what makes them more dramatic winners - than noble losers? I'd say there is a team character here that uses the drama of a situation to propel themselves to great heights. They respond to the pressure with channeled talent and effort. Wade Phillip's defense is so effective because he let's his players anticipate and make judgments. In terms of team character this team reminds me of a Dan Reeves type team - certainly not the character of a Shanahan team.

These Denver Bronco's are incredibly well conditioned - both by a conditioning program and by harboring the human capital of players that is designed to keep them from wearing out during the season. Kubiak rests his vets - and plays his rookies and that spreads the experience and the wear and tear around the football team. Now the rookies are ready to play have have had 1st team and live actions snaps and your vets are well rested and jacked by the playoff chances. Here the Bronco luck has been the product of design.

One other thing - if Wade Phillips can confuse Tom Brady - he is going to have a fun time with Cam Newton.

Another thing - These Panthers are good - extremely good - Cam Newton has had an MVP season. These Broncos are big game - big moment tested. Can that be said about the Panthers? Defense wins this game for the Broncos and it will likely be close at the end.

This Denver Bronco defense has a chance to go down as an all time great defense. How often can you say that going into a Super Bowl?

Go Broncos!
This bit about the rookies bothered me so much with John Fox. With how things turned out we didn't get that much help from them...1st rd pick stuck behind two pro bowlers, 2nd+3rd rd picks lost for the year. Don't get me wrong when they played they played well enough but even with all that I'm thankful they were at least given a chance. This past weekend made me very appreciative of the new coaching staff because along with what Mingo said, with JDR running the D, we play garbage prevent and lose that game guaranteed...hell just think of all those close games this year when our D bailed us out and won us games. I would love to know how our season would have turned out with him as our DC

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always knew there was something a little odd about the way you looked.

Aren't they the kind thing you have to irritate to get something worthwhile out of them?