• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the Tail of the Tape

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also explain why he had so much success in college too...truly a man amongst boys, especially in Div. 2, Or whatever it goes by these days
Agreed. I had him pegged as an undervalued player because he literally is a man amongst boys. He dominated. He was in my top 5 RBs coming out but his age really should be held against him when compared to younger RBs playing in the Big 10 and SEC.

That said, his age might also telegraph what teams think of him. If you're drafting a 25yr old, you're expecting him to start. Rachaad White being almost 24 is certainly in the same boat.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this sorta like a SPARQ rating?? First time I've seen this one
:think: Couldnt say. Was just poking around looking for free rankings etc and ran across this on PFF.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. The RB's who end up being truly productive and slip past the first 2-3 rounds are very rare, and even those few generally burn out after 2-3 years, James Robinson, Lindsay, Mostert...etc..the Eckelers, Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, Jamaal Andersons, Arian Fosters of the world are unicorns, and for every one of them, there's likely 3 Miles Austin's Victor Cruz's, Wes Wrlkers, Rod Smith's, Marquez Colstons, Tyreek Hills (2016, 5th rd, 18th WR taken), Stephen Diggs, or Antonio Brown....although surely whatever creator you believe in wouldn't throw 3 Antonio Browns at us, would he?
What do we consider truly productive? Not to put my homer goggles on, but I'd say Aaron Jones should fit that bill and he was taken in the 5th round(182 overall). Maybe not enough of a career but hes very good

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we consider truly productive? Not to put my homer goggles on, but I'd say Aaron Jones should fit that bill and he was taken in the 5th round(182 overall). Maybe not enough of a career but hes very good
He'd qualify. I sure ain't saying they aren't out there, just that you don't find em very often, especially ones who can do it for more than a couple seasons before flaming out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are way more Home Runs in that WR7-10 than RB7-10, right?
Surprisingly, not too many RB's "workout" if you don't draft them reasonably high. You can find WR's almost anywhere, obviously lower chance still.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that this year's draft has a very "2014" vibe to it... Down year and players are elevated as the best of this class, but it doesn't mean they're all that good. Yes, there will be some diamonds drafted as always, but likely not who we expect.

Man, on a side note, I remember our Fantasy Dynasty Draft from 2014. A guy had offloaded a lot of player capital to maneuver himself to get the 1 and 2 overall pick that year and he took Sankey and Watkins with the two picks... Set his team back a couple years.. :D

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that this year's draft has a very "2014" vibe to it... Down year and players are elevated as the best of this class, but it doesn't mean they're all that good. Yes, there will be some diamonds drafted as always, but likely not who we expect.

Man, on a side note, I remember our Fantasy Dynasty Draft from 2014. A guy had offloaded a lot of player capital to maneuver himself to get the 1 and 2 overall pick that year and he took Sankey and Watkins with the two picks... Set his team back a couple years.. :D
absolutely. I hate those years.
a nice handful of very good WR's in that draft, Evans, Adams, Landry, OBJ, AROB, but yea, all the hype was on Watkins.

RB was a desolate wasteland, none were immediately relevant, and only Freeman and Hyde ended up being anything, and even that took a couple years to see any returns and neither would've been a hot commodity in dynasty drafts given the presence of SJAX and F. Gore. Sankey SHOULD have been golden in Tennessee with no competition on the roster and a historically strong rushing team philosophy..something to keep in mind when/if one of these somewhat marginally hyped up RB's towards the top of the class end up on a team like ATL or MIA who desperately need a RB. If you have that pick, you almost have to invest it on them, but I'd be hesitant to trade much to acquire that pick.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
courtesy of PFF

1650931709404.png