• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The state of VT - 2017

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking since there are obvious issues with the state of VT football right now, it may be best to discuss within our forum.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Pimp is transferring - probably because he is buried in the depth chart at WR. Would have loved to see him get it together and play. He has some shake and bake.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts if Fuente will play Bush more going forward for the last 2 games? Assume it is too late to burn Henderson's rs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's anything wrong other than we need more talent along on the O-line and at RB and our offensive coaches need to quit being so stubborn trying to smash square pegs into round holes. Instead of game planning with what you have, they keep trying to force things and they essentially gave up the 2nd half of the season.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's anything wrong other than we need more talent along on the O-line and at RB and our offensive coaches need to quit being so stubborn trying to smash square pegs into round holes. Instead of game planning with what you have, they keep trying to force things and they essentially gave up the 2nd half of the season.

Agreed. I am quite surprised by the bolded item honestly. I thought when we hired Fuente it was because of his ability to adapt with offense. Granted with with Pitt and UVa, his gambles on just grinding yardage and letting the defense win has worked. But this approach will not work against premier teams. We will always be top 3-4 in the ACC but never an ACC Champion unless we recruit elite athletes that can effectively run the offense the way the OC/Fu wants or they better adapt to what they have...

By the way, I put this in the VT-UVA thread sometime after the game, but my wife and I invested in front row seats (figured I would try it once) and next thing I know we make it to ESPN and Andy Bitter's column.

Attachments

• AMS-CS-TV.jpeg
    AMS-CS-TV.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I am quite surprised by the bolded item honestly. I thought when we hired Fuente it was because of his ability to adapt with offense. Granted with with Pitt and UVa, his gambles on just grinding yardage and letting the defense win has worked. But this approach will not work against premier teams. We will always be top 3-4 in the ACC but never an ACC Champion unless we recruit elite athletes that can effectively run the offense the way the OC/Fu wants or they better adapt to what they have...

By the way, I put this in the VT-UVA thread sometime after the game, but my wife and I invested in front row seats (figured I would try it once) and next thing I know we make it to ESPN and Andy Bitter's column.

You're famous now!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. More like a crazy fan!

There is whisperings of FSU looking st CJF. Even if that happens I just don't see him leaving...

Some people that supposedly have sources say he's staying. Plus, FSU seems to want to try to hire a minority coach first so Taggert and Sumlin are above him right now