• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The second half of the season...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after what we’ve seen out of the Broncos there is now way anyone can consider them locks to win a single remaining game. At the same time, only two remaining opponents should be considered prohibitive favorites (based on where we sit right now): the Patriots this coming Sunday and the Chiefs in week 17. There’s virtually no reason outside the “any given Sunday” rule to expect the Broncos to win this week. Maybe they just get up for it. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did, though I realistically can’t say I expect it. As for the Chiefs, I never count us out against them in Denver.

In between is a lineup of opponents the Broncos have a puncher’s chance against. And while the Broncos aren’t definite winners against the Bengals, Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, Colts, or Redskns, none of those teams can be considered locks to beat the Broncos either.

The Broncos still have a legitimate defense, and while the offense is inexplicably worse than last year’s unit, it is not beyond the realm of possible that they string together just enough production to swipe some wins down the back half of the season. In fact, it is so within the scope of possible that I would not rule out this team reaching the week 17 tilt with the Chiefs with a 9-6 or 8-7 record and a bubble playoff team.

A lot changes in the NFL one week to the next. Forget about 8 weeks! On some sights I’ve seen a few fans talk about tanking the season. To hell with that: this is the Broncos not the Browns!

Do I expect a 9-7 finish? Not necessarily. But even as you factor in the flaws on this Broncos team you can’t deny that 6 of the 8 remaining opponents have as many or more flaws and look beatable. And until it doesn’t happen I’ll not rule out the possibilities.

Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching a re-run of the CJ Anderson OT TD to beat the Patriots. Man those memories were fun. Nobody can ever take those away. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching a re-run of the CJ Anderson OT TD to beat the Patriots. Man those memories were fun. Nobody can ever take those away. :)

That was such a great game. Incidentally it was Oz’s second start of that season: against the Pats on SNF. Coincidence...?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the woeful Giants can beat the Broncos at home and turn the Broncos season into cowmanure - I have hope for the Broncos against the Pats (a reason to watch).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Osweiler is 1-0 vs Tom Brady when starting in a Broncos uniform.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-1 we'll be a playoff team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-1 we'll be a playoff team.

I agree. That puts us at 10-6. While there’s a lot of traffic in the middle right now the second half of the season tends to be a war of attrition. The Broncos have one of the more favorable schedules among those in the playoff picture or just outside. I even think 6-2 for a 9-7 final may be a WC depending on how some of the other contenders perform.