• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, it's open game on things that happened years ago with players who aren't on the team...

Remember when that Patriots TE murdered people because he wanted to suck dicks so bad but couldn't tell anyone?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, it's open game on things that happened years ago with players who aren't on the team...

Remember when that Patriots TE murdered people because he wanted to suck dicks so bad but couldn't tell anyone?

Ok, this thread has officially jumped the shark.

Can someone please lock this thing up?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

connecting-dots-meme-ann-800x600.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the Seahawks have traded for Adams???

I bet they've overpaid...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are ongoing extension talks, they are taking longer than the player hoped, and they may reset the safety market.

We (meaning literally everyone) were well aware that this exact scenerio was going to happen when the trade was made, so I'm not at all clear on what your point is.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are ongoing extension talks, they are taking longer than the player hoped, and they may reset the safety market.

We (meaning literally everyone) were well aware that this exact scenerio was going to happen when the trade was made, so I'm not at all clear on what your point is.
When the trade was made, my position was they gave up too much.
In context, my prior post said Seattle was not done paying for Adams.
Current news he wants to get paid. My point.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is a very good player and it's difficult to gauge his value because he's a S/LB hybrid. I thought at the time the Seahawks gave up the equivalent of a high 2020 2nd round pick too much to acquire him. There are/were plenty of varying opinions. Some thought the Seahawks got a bargain, others that they paid the right price, and some that they overpaid. If they can get 2 more good years out of him on 5th year and franchise tag values they'll have done ok. If they end up paying him $19M for this year and next then it's expensive. I wouldn't be in a rush to extend him. As a Rams fan i'm happy Adams is where he is and I hope the Seahawks overpay him. I'm sure many Seahawks fans felt the same way about Goff.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in RW wants LT Duane Brown paid as a top Olinemen. Hell just pay everyone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in RW wants LT Duane Brown paid as a top Olinemen. Hell just pay everyone.

Russ needs to take a pay cut if he truly wants a better shot at getting back to the dance …

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ needs to take a pay cut if he truly wants a better shot at getting back to the dance …
Can't pay every position top dollar. Adams, Wags, RW, Brown... and if you do that's when depth becomes an issue. You're unable to pay 2nd stringers which shows up after injuries or against more talented 2nd stringers.

Agree RW needs to shut up or at least take a pay cut. Used to be an unwritten rule you didn't talk about other players contracts.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't pay every position top dollar. Adams, Wags, RW, Brown... and if you do that's when depth becomes an issue. You're unable to pay 2nd stringers which shows up after injuries or against more talented 2nd stringers.

Agree RW needs to shut up or at least take a pay cut. Used to be an unwritten rule you didn't talk about other players contracts.

Brett Favre broke that mold. He talked about how CB Mike McKenzie needed to end his holdout and get to camp. But when WR Javon Walker wanted more money, Favre said that the Packers needed to pay up. Fortunately for them, Packers management actually had a spine back then and didn't allow their QB to play GM, because Walker was pretty much a disaster after he left.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone already knew that. He stated it both before and after the trade. So we all knew that a large extension, one that would probably reset the safety market, was part of the scenerio.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, you pay all these guys top dollar you do lose the depth you need… Tom Brady is a perfect example of why the Pats stayed so competitive for all those years … This article sums it up ….

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you pay all these guys top dollar you do lose the depth you need… Tom Brady is a perfect example of why the Pats stayed so competitive for all those years … This article sums it up ….

Tom Brady is also the only example of this. Also Tom Brady’s cap hit in 2020 was only a little more then 2.5 mil less then Wilsons and the Bucs still managed to put a super talented team around Brady.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is also the only example of this. Also Tom Brady’s cap hit in 2020 was only a little more then 2.5 mil less then Wilsons and the Bucs still managed to put a super talented team around Brady.
Bucs already had a great team before Brady, Winston was the only problem.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs already had a great team before Brady, Winston was the only problem.
My point is the Seahawks have been really bad at adding talent to the team and Russell Wilson’s contract isn’t the reason why.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady was overpaid.
Fucker lost 3 Superbowls for the Patriots!