• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Is this like the Hawks not being able to draft well in the first round? So may as well trade the picks away?

So you are just going to change the subject I see so now instead of talking about the dumb argument that not having a college football season is ok and scouts can go off their scouting reports dating back to high school to how the seahawks draft.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Teams don't need the most recent on-field information in order to evaluate talent effectively."

also

"With the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel."

Since one poster won't read this whole post before forming an "informed" opinion, the point is that accurate information is not based on play without a complete story of that player. You cannot say X player will be great/good without up to date info, and the chances that player lives up to expectations decreases as the amount of information also decreases.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are just going to change the subject I see so now instead of talking about the dumb argument that not having a college football season is ok and scouts can go off their scouting reports dating back to high school to how the seahawks draft.
So I'll ask you the same question I asked Flyerhawk. So how many more games do you need to see to feel 100% confident?

If you're not 100% confident then your argument doesn't hold water.

I have an idea to build your confidence. After the number one player on your draft board plays his last game, we'll put him in a bubble. Because we don't want him getting injured. Or doing something illegal.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll ask you the same question I asked Flyerhawk. So how many more games do you need to see to feel 100% confident?

If you're not 100% confident then your argument doesn't hold water.

I have an idea to build your confidence. After the number one player on your draft board plays his last game, we'll put him in a bubble. Because we don't want him getting injured. Or doing something illegal.

Well if you are talking about using a 1st on a player then I would want to see an entire college football season being played at a high level. The norm is that 3rd day picks 4th round and below are crap shoots but 1st day picks there are pages of scouting reports both coaches and GMs have on players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you are talking about using a 1st on a player then I would want to see an entire college football season being played at a high level. The norm is that 3rd day picks 4th round and below are crap shoots but 1st day picks there are pages of scouting reports both coaches and GMs have on players.
So a whole season would leave you confident?

Yet why do GMs change at the last minute?

Or are the other posters here wrong?

OBTW 100s of day one picks have fizzled out. One near and dear to all WSU, Charger, Cowboy, Bucs and Seahawk fans.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difficulty in having a healthy dialogue was you were stating you only cared about one side. The rest of us are looking at it subjectively from both sides.

Yes, IMO as well as others not just division foes feel the Hawks gave up too much. Time will tell.

You have dozens of posts in this thread and none of them are talking about the Jets. You talk about 2 things. The Seahawks occasionally but mostly Seahawks fans.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to instill your/their confidence is one more game enough? Five? 10? I mean what does it take?

5 is better than 1. 10 is better then 5. If it was your job to determine whether a college player was going to be good or not would you want 1 game of tape, 5 games of tape, 10 games of tape, or as much tape as you could possibly get?

We've already discussed other reasons like off field issues, undisclosed injuries...that effect how players move up and down the board. Yet you don't seem to think that's a factor.

If a scout and FO drastically change their mind based on one recent game they have more issues than just scouting.

If we had no college season last year, would Joe Burrow have gone #1? Would have gone in the 1st round? Would he have even been drafted? Because, doing a random google, here is where Athlon ranked him..

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-starting-quarterback-rankings-2019

28th. Among QBs. 28th.

Why did former MVP Cam Newton sign with the Patriots on a glorified veteran minimum deal?

No one is suggesting that recent play is the only factor that matters in assessing a player. But it is, by far, the most important factor.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a whole season would leave you confident?

Yet why do GMs change at the last minute?

Or are the other posters here wrong?

OBTW 100s of day one picks have fizzled out. One near and dear to all WSU, Charger, Cowboy, Bucs and Seahawk fans.

There are a hundred reasons why a GM change their pick last minute that we do not know about. Maybe the player they want was just drafted, maybe the prospects on the board is not a need on the team, maybe they got a better deal trading back, OR maybe the scouting report they have on that person wasn't enough to draft him.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn 1st FBS team to cancel football season

Well UCONN is out they made it official about an hour ago we will see where the trend goes
Independent schedule so it makes sense. NMSU UMass, and Liberty probably next. Rest of the Indy's other than ND and the G5s after. Maybe some of the P5 conferences try to go but it seems highly unlikely there is college ball this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a hundred reasons why a GM change their pick last minute that we do not know about. Maybe the player they want was just drafted, maybe the prospects on the board is not a need on the team, maybe they got a better deal trading back, OR maybe the scouting report they have on that person wasn't enough to draft him.
So even if said player, played until the day of the draft the team may go another route:eek:.
The value of the "pick" remains the same. Now bad scouting may net you a loss but the value is still the same.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 is better than 1. 10 is better then 5. If it was your job to determine whether a college player was going to be good or not would you want 1 game of tape, 5 games of tape, 10 games of tape, or as much tape as you could possibly get?

If we had no college season last year, would Joe Burrow have gone #1? Would have gone in the 1st round? Would he have even been drafted? Because, doing a random google, here is where Athlon ranked him..

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-starting-quarterback-rankings-2019

28th. Among QBs. 28th.

Why did former MVP Cam Newton sign with the Patriots on a glorified veteran minimum deal?

No one is suggesting that recent play is the only factor that matters in assessing a player. But it is, by far, the most important factor.

We can likely do this all day.

Joe Burrow NFL Draft 2020: Scouting Report for Cincinnati Bengals' Pick

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you sending me a link of Joe Burrow's scouting report from AFTER the college football season? That's my entire point.

The 28th ranked QB BEFORE the 2019 season. The consensus No. 1 pick in the draft AFTER the season.

Because the article you addressed had two important things.
1. How well he played at the end of the 2018 season.
2. The article states it's difficult to rank 130 QBs.

The article I posted states he was the best QB in the draft and one of the best in a decade. That wasn't decided in 1, 2 or even seeing him in 8 more games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the article you addressed had two important things.
1. How well he played at the end of the 2018 season.
2. The article states it's difficult to rank 130 QBs.

The article I posted states he was the best QB in the draft and one of the best in a decade. That wasn't decided in 1, 2 or even seeing him in 8 more games.

What? I literally posted a ranking of Burrow BEFORE the season. You literally posted a ranking from AFTER the season. How in the world are you coming to the conclusion that it WASN'T decided after seeing him in the 12 games he played last year? Are you just straight up trolling at this point?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I literally posted a ranking of Burrow BEFORE the season. You literally posted a ranking from AFTER the season. How in the world are you coming to the conclusion that it WASN'T decided after seeing him in the 12 games he played last year? Are you just straight up trolling at this point?
Again the article I posted which was prior to the season had him best QB in the clads and best prospect in a DECADE.

Why must you and so many of the 12s view everything with blinders on?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the article I posted which was prior to the season had him best QB in the clads and best prospect in a DECADE.

Why must you and so many of the 12s view everything with blinders on?

WTF are you talking about? The article you posted was from April 23rd 2020. You realize that the 2019 college season was in 2019, right?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? The article you posted was from April 23rd 2020. You realize that the 2019 college season was in 2019, right?
I misspoke, what I was trying to get across like I had said in my other post. Is that he was the best prospect in a decade. That was not decided in his 12 final games.