• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have added more speed with WR Dorsett

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Move other than i really wish Ursua would get a chance.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it's probably a bit of added depth and competition for training camp. I'd like to see more of Ursua as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a 1 year deal on a 27 year old who knows it's now or never to get a good Payday. If he does good in 2020 he will make a nice chunk of change for his next contract when he is 28 years old. That is a strong motivator and i am completely fine with the signing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ursua may not make the team if we do end up signing J. Gordon...

Nice fit for Dorsett, since the Hawks like to attack down field... He'll have one of the best deep ball throwing QB's hurling the rock to him...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am pretty sure he is also a cheaper WR, my guess is his contract is around the same to what they payed Jaron Brown last year which was $1.5 million.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-3-24_20-46-4.png

not a bad mock imo

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we need left to do on offense is maybe add another reliable running back which I see happening in the draft there is 0 reason to sign a free agent with how well rookies translate and if Gordon comes back we are set at WR. It would be nice to sign either Clowney or Griffin and load up the rest of the picks on defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we need left to do on offense is maybe add another reliable running back which I see happening in the draft there is 0 reason to sign a free agent with how well rookies translate and if Gordon comes back we are set at WR. It would be nice to sign either Clowney or Griffin and load up the rest of the picks on defense.

Clowney remains the lynchpin to the offseason. If we don't sign him, our whole offseason is a failure at this point.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney remains the lynchpin to the offseason. If we don't sign him, our whole offseason is a failure at this point.

Clowney is priority #1, but if that falls through I believe PC/JS will make a trade to get either the kid from Jax or Balt.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is priority #1, but if that falls through I believe PC/JS will make a trade to get either the kid from Jax or Balt.

So we make a trade where we give up assets we need to fill other positions just so we can make some other guy as much ore more than Clowney?

This defense is going to be pretty poor if the only thing we do is bring back Clowney or grab one of those other guys.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest if we let Clowney walk and not sign him to some crazy contract and sign everson griffin to a two year contract I am ok with it. I am not as high on clowney as most people are

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest if we let Clowney walk and not sign him to some crazy contract and sign everson griffin to a two year contract I am ok with it. I am not as high on clowney as most people are

Russ isn't getting any younger. How many more seasons do we need to sacrifice in order to plan for the long term?

Clowney is a disruptive force on the DL. His health issues are a concern certainly.

But a DL of Griffen, Ford, Reed, Green would be worse than our DL last year, which was one of the worst DLs in the NFL. Hoping for young guys to step up several levels is wishful thinking.

Our lines are anemic. We reshuffled our OL in hopes of it being better but having Russ mitigates how poor our OL is. Our DL, otoh, is just terrible and even worse given how unwilling Pete is to blitz. We can't play his style of defense with a mediocre DL.

If we want to win a Super Bowl again then JS/PC need to do something about the DL. Resigning Clowney is just one step. Resign Clowney and trading for another pass rusher is what is needed. I just don't see how we could possibly transform the DL by letting Clowney walk.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a solid depth move. Jaron Brown is a cut candidate as he has been essentially useless when he's on the field and David Moore has been really inconsistent.

I still do hope the Seahawks consider drafting a WR in this draft. It's so incredibly deep that there will likely be first/second round talent available in the third round.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ isn't getting any younger. How many more seasons do we need to sacrifice in order to plan for the long term?

Clowney is a disruptive force on the DL. His health issues are a concern certainly.

But a DL of Griffen, Ford, Reed, Green would be worse than our DL last year, which was one of the worst DLs in the NFL. Hoping for young guys to step up several levels is wishful thinking.

Our lines are anemic. We reshuffled our OL in hopes of it being better but having Russ mitigates how poor our OL is. Our DL, otoh, is just terrible and even worse given how unwilling Pete is to blitz. We can't play his style of defense with a mediocre DL.

If we want to win a Super Bowl again then JS/PC need to do something about the DL. Resigning Clowney is just one step. Resign Clowney and trading for another pass rusher is what is needed. I just don't see how we could possibly transform the DL by letting Clowney walk.

I agree. Unfortunately I think we have to accept the fact that even if we re-sign Clowney, our pass rush will still be below average. If the Seahawks re-sign Clowney, it'll be hard to trade for another pass rusher and remain under the cap. At this point I think we have less than $10m in cap space which means we'd have to get creative just to retain Clowney.

Personally I don't get the logic of the Seahawks signing a bunch of low-tier offensive linemen and reaching for players in the draft that they can "develop" them. The fact that Russell Wilson has played so well with such a bad offensive line throughout his career is incredible.

Seahawks wouldn't have to establish the run so they can use play action if the pass protection was better.