• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 2

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 2

1st 4: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma

2nd 4: Ohio State, LSU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame

3rd 4: Florida, Michigan, Texas, Penn State

Analysis: I’m holding off on LSU unlike other polls. They’re good, but not sure if they’re better than top 5. Georgia is the most suspect and needs to play a quality team. Florida redeemed itself after a mistake filled first week. Wisconsin is the big surprise so far, yet to allow a point.

Playoff Teams: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma.

Analysis: Exact same 4 as I had last year after week 2. Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame and Wisconsin look like their biggest challengers. In 2 weeks, ND and Georgia will clash in a possible elimination game.

Most disappointing: Tennessee, UCLA, Miami, Florida State.

Analysis: Tennessee has had 2 embarrassing losses as has UCLA and Miami. Could be coaching changes unless they can turn it around. Florida State barely won last week after a stunning week 1 loss.

Most Surprising: Wisconsin, Maryland, Utah, and Boise State.

Analysis: Wisconsin has looked very good against some decent teams. Maryland has destroyed two opponents including Syracuse. Utah could just be the biggest surprise of all by winning the PAC. Boise State is the early leader for the group of 6 bowl game.

Heisman Trophy: Jalin Hurts, Tua T, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Jonathan Taylor

Analysis: Definitely a close race. Jalin and Tua are the leaders. Taylor suffers from being pulled early in blowouts. A lot of writers have Joe Burrows in here, but I’ll take a pass for at least one more week. Trevor Lawrence off to a slow start this year and in danger of falling out of the race.

Big 3 Games of the Week: UCF-Stanford, Iowa-Iowa State, Alabama-South Carolina

Analysis: A real slow week for big games. If UCF runs the table, this could be their biggest test. I like UCF by about 10. Iowa and Iowa State are both undefeated, so this is obviously a big game before they start conference games. Iowa State has been a disappointment so far so I like Iowa to win big. Alabama appears to have very few obstacles in their chase for another undefeated season, but this game should not be overlooked. Alabama by 17.

Big games in September and early October: Michigan-Wisconsin, Notre Dame-Georgia, Utah-USC, Auburn-Texas AM, Penn St-Maryland, Auburn-Florida.

Analysis: Notre Dame and Georgia is the biggest early season game. The winner moves into prime position to challenge for a playoff spot. Michigan and Wisconsin will determine if Michigan is going to be relevant this year or whether Wisconsin is the real deal. Penn State and Maryland looks intriguing. A playoff challenger should emerge from the Florida-Auburn game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama vs South Carolina is not a big game. It’s an execution.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to go into your top 16 teams. I agree for the most part and the ones I don't agree is just based on we picked different teams.

I'll agree with the 4 disappointing teams. I'm sure Athlon would have Nebraska on the list.

I don't think Utah is a surprise. They have played like they are supposed to. California is a surprise IMO.

Heisman list is good.

It is a dead week when Game Day is headed to Ames between #19 Iowa at UR Iowa State. I think Iowa will be in control the entire game but I don't think it will be a blowout.

Personally, I think Wake Forest vs North Carolina should be the 3rd best game.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF would boat race uf. And we dominate Bama.

There is nothing in the last in the last couple of years that doesn't say UCF isn't a Top 3 team.

#UCFacts

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF would boat race uf. And we dominate Bama.

There is nothing in the last in the last couple of years that doesn't say UCF isn't a Top 3 team.

#UCFacts

You are becoming more delusional by the day....I understand you want UCF to make a name for themselves but it won't happen anytime soon especially when they lose to 3rd stringers

upload_2019-9-10_9-45-13.png

#irreleveant
#playabetterschedule

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing yet suggest Florduh or scUm are in tier 3 though...I guess at this point there are no other teams to put in those slots though

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Iowa-ISU. That's almost always a close game.

On paper, Alabama should roll SCar, although a nail-biter wouldn't really surprise me that much. The Gamecocks love playing spoiler.

The freshman, Dillon Gabriel, started for UCF last week (no idea why). It's possible that Coach Heupel wanted him to get acclimated to the starting role both for experience & to be better prepared for situations in the future where the starter is injured. Wimbush didn't play a single snap against FAU, so it's possible he was nursing an injury. The UCF coaching staff doesn't release injury reports, so idk.

With a healthy Wimbush, UCF beats Stanford by at least 2 scores imo. Without him, it's anybody's ballgame.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are becoming more delusional by the day....I understand you want UCF to make a name for themselves but it won't happen anytime soon especially when they lose to 3rd stringers

View attachment 216234

#irreleveant
#playabetterschedule

He's an idiot. Ignore him.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Iowa-ISU. That's almost always a close game.

On paper, Alabama should roll SCar, although a nail-biter wouldn't really surprise me that much. The Gamecocks love playing spoiler.

The freshman, Dillon Gabriel, started for UCF last week (no idea why). It's possible that Coach Heupel wanted him to get acclimated to the starting role both for experience & to be better prepared for situations in the future where the starter is injured. Wimbush didn't play a single snap against FAU, so it's possible he was nursing an injury. The UCF coaching staff doesn't release injury reports, so idk.

With a healthy Wimbush, UCF beats Stanford by at least 2 scores imo. Without him, it's anybody's ballgame.
Wimbush is not nearly as good as you think he is. He has had one good half of football, last year against Michigan.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 216234

#irreleveant
#playabetterschedule

We need to destroy these UCFalse narratives, like UCF didn't want to be there.

UCF still has done better than Bama and Clemson the last 2 years. Hence why we are at least in the Top 3.

#UCFacts

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to go into your top 16 teams. I agree for the most part and the ones I don't agree is just based on we picked different teams.

I'll agree with the 4 disappointing teams. I'm sure Athlon would have Nebraska on the list.

I don't think Utah is a surprise. They have played like they are supposed to. California is a surprise IMO.

Heisman list is good.

It is a dead week when Game Day is headed to Ames between #19 Iowa at UR Iowa State. I think Iowa will be in control the entire game but I don't think it will be a blowout.

Personally, I think Wake Forest vs North Carolina should be the 3rd best game.

Good critique. Not sure if Wake and NC was sexy enough to be the 3rd best game. I was thinking about Florida State and Virginia but eventually gave way to Bama and SC.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing yet suggest Florduh or scUm are in tier 3 though...I guess at this point there are no other teams to put in those slots though

That was the big problem. I thought about Washington State and/or Auburn.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to destroy these UCFalse narratives, like UCF didn't want to be there.

UCF still has done better than Bama and Clemson the last 2 years. Hence why we are at least in the Top 3.

#UCFacts

When you play the schedule that Clemson and Bama play, THEN you can make that claim.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you play the schedule that Clemson and Bama play, THEN you can make that claim.
Obviously Cincinnati is on par with Clemson, Bama, and Ohio State.