• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks have given up

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a talent like metcalf? I would bet yes. 75% of those WRs will be busts most likely

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a talent like metcalf? I would bet yes. 75% of those WRs will be busts most likely
Well TBH I consider Metcalf the second best WR on the Seahawks, he's actually sorted of limited in his route running and I some times wonder if he has a eye problem as he seems to have a hard time locating the ball until it's almost ready to hit him which has led to some embarrassing drops. He is a amazing athlete though. So what teams you feel would offer a ton to trade for Metcalf?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TBH I consider Metcalf the second best WR on the Seahawks, he's actually sorted of limited in his route running and I some times wonder if he has a eye problem as he seems to have a hard time locating the ball until it's almost ready to hit him which has led to some embarrassing drops. He is a amazing athlete though. So what teams you feel would offer a ton to trade for Metcalf?

I think people do see his flaws and they are fixable ones but it's the fact of what he just does and how. Huge mismatch, top flight speed 24 year old which looks to be around a 1000 yard guy every year with 10 TD's ....TEN! that's basically his average. If anyone thinks he has peeked you are crazy. If Jamal Adams is worth 2 first DK should be worth that and more. Hell Wilson should have got us another first in my eyes.... I'm bias.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people do see his flaws and they are fixable ones but it's the fact of what he just does and how. Huge mismatch, top flight speed 24 year old which looks to be around a 1000 yard guy every year with 10 TD's ....TEN! that's basically his average. If anyone thinks he has peeked you are crazy. If Jamal Adams is worth 2 first DK should be worth that and more. Hell Wilson should have got us another first in my eyes.... I'm bias.
Oh hell the cost for Adams was crazy but for some reason Pete was in love with what he might be. Metcalf is a talent but he could be so much more if develops. Besides the limited route running and eyesight problem he's majorly immature, he brags about getting into the heads of defenders but I feel he usually ends up on the wrong side of all that, with late hits and cheap shots and losing his cool. He's got size. he has speed, he's going to win physically fighting for the ball, but dang he's got a ways to go to be a top WR yet he might end up being special, but he's not there yet and doesn't have the track record to command major capitol like say Adams or even Hill and the big salary he's looking for requires someone loving him like Pete loved Adams and I'm just not seeing that happening.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears and jaguars have young QBs and are hurting at WR.
The Bears make sense as they have cap space and a young QB who needs weapons, yet they were not mentioned as a landing spot for a WR this off season so I'm guessing they don't put a high value on a WR as they have only signed cheap FAs and low draft pick to fill their need at WR (Pringle and Velus Jones). Jags have spent their cap on pricey FA WRs ( Kirk and Zay Jones) all ready so don't feel would make a play. Around the league I feel there is a gap on how teams value the WR position. Many (most I think) feel that the draft yearly is chalk full of promising WRs (even if most who don't work out) that are dirt cheap and you just need to sort through them to find a keeper. Occasional an opportunity arrives where a team that working on building a contender and has a promising rookie QB will give a good price for a top WR, but will also consider the draft an option. The Jets were that team, but at the end decided they weren't going to pay through the nose and instead drafted very early a top WR prospect.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched this video and thought it shows that routes and play calling have multiple options. I mention that because I've heard here from a select few that the reason RW goes long is because Pete and the OC game plan and the WRs routes force RW to do so. Judge for yourself.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Mone contract extension:

"Mone’s cap hits over the next three seasons as follows: $1,745,000, $3,795,000, and $6,400,000. The way his contract is structured it’d be that 2024 season where if Seattle is in a cap crunch or Mone ends up not being in the team’s plans, they would save $5.9 million by cutting him either pre- or post-June 1st and only take on $500,000 in dead money."

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched this video and thought it shows that routes and play calling have multiple options. I mention that because I've heard here from a select few that the reason RW goes long is because Pete and the OC game plan and the WRs routes force RW to do so. Judge for yourself.

I always thought it looked like Wilson was always wanted to make the big play and passing off on the "easy" play. I don't feel like he had to much trouble seeing over the middle, I feel like he did not ever want to make those throws. Like he would say I can get better. Wilson's game would have been deadly if he would just make more of those easy check downs or dink and dunk plays that he would always look off of because then his long game would open up for him. It's almost like he doesn't have the patience to play the short game and hell who knows maybe that's why Pete and the FO decided to move away from Wilson. You get that short game going and teams can't play 2 high or even line-up in that formation pre-snap if you are abusing the short area. The Rotation from the two high look needed to be exploited more and it was maddening watching them bang their head against a wall every week. IT WAS THERE all year long for the taking.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it looked like Wilson was always wanted to make the big play and passing off on the "easy" play. I don't feel like he had to much trouble seeing over the middle, I feel like he did not ever want to make those throws. Like he would say I can get better. Wilson's game would have been deadly if he would just make more of those easy check downs or dink and dunk plays that he would always look off of because then his long game would open up for him. It's almost like he doesn't have the patience to play the short game and hell who knows maybe that's why Pete and the FO decided to move away from Wilson. You get that short game going and teams can't play 2 high or even line-up in that formation pre-snap if you are abusing the short area. The Rotation from the two high look needed to be exploited more and it was maddening watching them bang their head against a wall every week. IT WAS THERE all year long for the taking.

Russ does like the big play, he looked for that a lot, lots of backyard football

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great breakdown and what I've been saying for a while. Wilson is not that great at pre-snap reads. Tom Brady is IMO the best pre-snap read QB in NFL history which is what made him so dangerous. The ability to look at a defense and figure out what they were doing without calling audibles all over the place.

In addition, Wilson just holds onto the ball WAY too long and is WAY too indecisive. It's just a lack of vision. And there's plenty of QBs who are tall or normal QB height that lack that same vision... Wilson routinely relied on his scrambling ability to extend plays and then thanks to an incredible arm could put the ball wherever needed... but there were SO many times where someone was wide open that Wilson just refused to check it down. Even times over the last couple years he'd have one of his backs WIDE open in the flat... look that way... almost seem like he didn't want to throw it, finally throw it, but after locking onto the RB with his eyes for like 1.5 seconds the defender obviously clued in and ran up on him lol.

Tellin' people... don't be shocked when the NFL talking heads start critiquing Denver's OL around mid season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, you guys remember this play ?

Yep I remember that, also the the broken Nose TD pass by Stouffers, the escape by Krieg finally in KC to throw the winning TD to Paul Skansi ... so many great and/or amazing moments in the Hawks History for a franchise thats only been around since 1976.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or discuss how much the Seahawks O-Line has improved.

Yah... lol...

"And Seattle's Oline this year has looked great! You have to wonder where this kind of blocking was when Wilson was here!"

......................... That will be annoying to hear if Seattle's OL is actually good. And it has potential to be. Lewis/Jackson are already very serviceable guards, Cross was a consensus top 10 OT in this draft and the best pass blocker in the draft... and Lucas was also one of the highest rated pass blockers in college football.

Seattle's OL got a LOT of blame for Wilson's backyard football style of play. The video with Kurt Warner breaking down Wilson really says it all. I've said for some time Wilson is not that great at pocket presence and pre-snap reads. Now that said over the years he's been arguably the best QB in the NFL at extending plays and his arm/accuracy, and bar none the best deep ball QB in the league.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I remember that, also the the broken Nose TD pass by Stouffers, the escape by Krieg finally in KC to throw the winning TD to Paul Skansi ... so many great and/or amazing moments in the Hawks History for a franchise thats only been around since 1977

Oh yes … That play was one of the greatest, Krieg to Skansi ! Derick Thomas set a sack record that day but missed the game winning sack!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I typed 1977 ... oops

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a Jerry Jones type move