• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Running Man

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you saying this movie will be completely different? Never read the book.
The book was much more serious. The movie was cheesy as f**k.

In the book the lead is let loose to run in a really broken society and it is way more dark and brutal.
I doubt that they do the book ending where the guy crashes a plane into a skyscraper in NY though.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Arnold movie is an 80s gem though.

Didn't read the book, but I'm into seeing a modern version as long as it's not equivalent to the Total Recall remake. Leave Arnold's classics alone if you're just going to butcher the cheese!

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Arnold movie is an 80s gem though.

Didn't read the book, but I'm into seeing a modern version as long as it's not equivalent to the Total Recall remake. Leave Arnold's classics alone if you're just going to butcher the cheese!
The problem with that statement is that the book was dark and violent with zero cheese whatsoever.
I enjoyed the movie for what it was: mindless cheesy popcorn fare, but the book was FAR superior. I think that a faithful, well-done adaptation of the source material has potential to be a better movie. However pulling it off won't be easy.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that statement is that the book was dark and violent with zero cheese whatsoever.
I enjoyed the movie for what it was: mindless cheesy popcorn fare, but the book was FAR superior. I think that a faithful, well-done adaptation of the source material has potential to be a better movie. However pulling it off won't be easy.

I'm with you. I'd love a good dark version of something like that. But Total Recall removed the Arnold cheese and didn't bother to make it good either, so we were left with shit.

Just saying there's room for good versions of the source material and those classic 80's versions.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I'd love a good dark version of something like that. But Total Recall removed the Arnold cheese and didn't bother to make it good either, so we were left with shit.

Just saying there's room for good versions of the source material and those classic 80's versions.
I getcha. The original story of Total Recall is straight up old school sci-fi with no real emphasis on darkness while the story of The Running Man is specifically grim and dark. I don't know why the Total Recall remake went dark when it wasn't necessary but I do feel this new version of The Running Man should be go as dark and heavy as possible if it wants to capture the feel of the source material.

........but I'm rambling. Short take: I enjoy the old movie but am hoping for something different in the remake. Trying to recapture the Arnold cheese of that time would be disastrous!