• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rudy Gobert Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No teams haven't adjusted to Rudy Gobert and stifled him. He's a baller, he doesn't let that happen.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this cat is good

No teams haven't adjusted to Rudy Gobert and stifled him. He's a baller, he doesn't let that happen.

saw him 1st time the other day at the all star game. Part Marcus Camby, part Brad Doughtery, part Javale McGee part Wil tthe Stilt Chamberlain. This guy is good.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw him 1st time the other day at the all star game. Part Marcus Camby, part Brad Doughtery, part Javale McGee part Wil tthe Stilt Chamberlain. This guy is good.

Did you attend the Rising Stars game live? Or on TV?

Thanks for the comparisons.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward likes him. Outlook At The Break - The Official Web Site of Gordon Hayward | NBA Forward

I wish I had followed his blog as the season went on. To be honest, I've only seen the LeBron video game post and this one (maybe one more somewhere). Some will think it's distracting, but how often do you get to read one's thoughts through the season. I wish I could have heard Stockton, though he'd never do it or would edit it down. (I'm not talking about the post-retirement auto-biography.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward likes him. Outlook At The Break - The Official Web Site of Gordon Hayward | NBA Forward

I wish I had followed his blog as the season went on. To be honest, I've only seen the LeBron video game post and this one (maybe one more somewhere). Some will think it's distracting, but how often do you get to read one's thoughts through the season. I wish I could have heard Stockton, though he'd never do it or would edit it down. (I'm not talking about the post-retirement auto-biography.)

Nice blog.

I read the two latest posts.

Who knows, Stockton might have posted something. It's a different time now, he could have had some fun with it. He might have liked his online personality.

I'll keep reading these, as they help me follow the team more, in conjunction with game recaps. Especially when I miss the game itself, which is seemingly often.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert allows 37.4% at the rim....best in the NBA.....he is awesome...elite defensively. He looks way stronger this year.....and very coordinated for a 7'2 guy....obviously.

You didn't write that.

Yeah, I know, just wanted to share.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys are resilient! You've still got this page propped up and holding water with good content. I've been sucked into Locke's google plus page. The game post suck there but I've found some decent info I guess. Being out of state, the podcast is what I enjoy most - fills the talk radio void.

Nevertheless, this is about Rudy. That game against the Spurs was gritty and I guess that is how we will play going forward with Gobert as a feature. I really am impressed with his mobility and innate ability to recover. He's dynamic, maybe bites on a fake but gauges and reacts appropriately for the most part. He is smart, nabbing "2 stupid fouls" as he put it against Portland and then self corrects.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys are resilient! You've still got this page propped up and holding water with good content. I've been sucked into Locke's google plus page. The game post suck there but I've found some decent info I guess. Being out of state, the podcast is what I enjoy most - fills the talk radio void.

Nevertheless, this is about Rudy. That game against the Spurs was gritty and I guess that is how we will play going forward with Gobert as a feature. I really am impressed with his mobility and innate ability to recover. He's dynamic, maybe bites on a fake but gauges and reacts appropriately for the most part. He is smart, nabbing "2 stupid fouls" as he put it against Portland and then self corrects.

Do you and your son still do the French accent and laugh, when Rudy plays?

That's impressive that he can self correct.

Some players have never been able to adjust. There's some players, that once they get into foul trouble, it affects them mentally, and they're taken out of the game. Rudy doesn't seem to do that. He not only doesn't let him affect him, but he doesn't do the things that got him the foul trouble, from earlier in the game.

Do you normally read the google plus game threads, after the game? Or are you able to post during games?

Yeah, for me this year, when I watch sometimes, I don't want to get up and post. I just sit on the couch and watch.

I like podcasts and radio a lot too. I used to listen to sports radio streams during the day, and would listen hours a day.

I'm glad you still like the posts on this board! I still like reading your posts and thoughts too, when you post. :thumb:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you and your son still do the French accent and laugh, when Rudy plays?

We DVR and watch the games more now that he is playing ball too. We are just sitting down to the Lakers game now. If Rudy gets a block we do the Mutombo finger wag and say nonono like a huge Frenchie might.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We DVR and watch the games more now that he is playing ball too. We are just sitting down to the Lakers game now. If Rudy gets a block we do the Mutombo finger wag and say nonono like a huge Frenchie might.

Awesome.

How old is your son? Does he play on the school team? Or with friends?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has improved greatly since you guys got rid of Kanter, still think the Jazz should have sent Burke packing as well but you have a nice young nucleus to build on.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has improved greatly since you guys got rid of Kanter, still think the Jazz should have sent Burke packing as well but you have a nice young nucleus to build on.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Burke can be a rotation player.