• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The roaring 20's

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this may be our decade of decades, at least according to a writer from ESPN. Unfortunately, the actual article is nested within ESPN+, which, as we all know, can only be accessed by subscription. Fuuuuck that. I'll never pay extra just to read sports stuff. But at least we get some snippets, courtesy of Sports Mockery:

Hell Has Frozen Over: ESPN Predicts The Greatest Decade In White Sox History

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't require much to be the "greatest in White Sox history". lol

Best was the 2000's with three Central titles in 00, 05 and 08 with a WS win in 05.

But it's an exciting time. Good times are a comin!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't require much to be the "greatest in White Sox history". lol

Best was the 2000's with three Central titles in 00, 05 and 08 with a WS win in 05.

But it's an exciting time. Good times are a comin!
Believe it or not, the Sox actually had 17 consecutive winning seasons from 1951 thru 1967, with 7 of those years notching 90+ wins and of course highlighted by a trip to the WS in '59. That was the era of the Go-Go White Sox, a team dominated by speed, solid pitching and strong defense. It was probably as close to a Golden Age as we've ever had.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, the Sox actually had 17 consecutive winning seasons from 1951 thru 1967, with 7 of those years notching 90+ wins and of course highlighted by a trip to the WS in '59. That was the era of the Go-Go White Sox, a team dominated by speed, solid pitching and strong defense. It was probably as close to a Golden Age as we've ever had.

that is the sox of my youth and yes ... they were always competitive. yes, they finished over .500 for 17 straight seasons beginning in 1951. i guess it's what i compare the teams to ever since then and man, we went thru some bad times, especially lately. as bad as the sox have been between 1968 and 2012 they've NEVER finished 7 straight seasons under .500 like the current team has done. and so many of you wonder why i can be slightly skeptical at time. :P

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then be glad none of us were around in the 20's into the mid 30's. In a 15 year stretch we had just two winning seasons, and neither of those were anything to write home about.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC...This article is stupid as hell. We haven't even hit .500 yet and most of our core players haven't done anything consistently at the MLB level.

Come the f*ck on.

We've seen a core of Big Frank/Paulie/Maggz/Lee flounder as middling 80ish win teams...Paper don't mean sh*t...We should know that as White Sox fans.

112 wins is f*cking ludicrous as a prediction at this point. We haven't hit 90+ wins in 13 seasons and our top competition is going to CONTINUALLY outspend us in free agency year in and year out...Every year the landscape changes and if we miss on just one or two of these "big prospects" and they're just meh? How in the flying f*ck do we win 112 games? How many teams in HISTORY have hit 112 wins in a season?

This team is young and is going to be wildly streaky this upcoming season. My body is ready for improvement...but we're putting the cart WAY before the horse with this stupidity.

Makes sense though...It's Crapspn.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, relax, it's just an article. I suspect the guy who wrote this is trying to replicate that incredible prediction from back in Oct 2014, when Sports Illustrated's cover story was their prediction that the Astros would win the 2017 World Series, which was amazing. I can't say I know this is what the writer is attempting to accomplish, being I didn't read the actual story. Still, who cares, that's all it is, an opinion. I highly doubt there are any Sox fans who are stroking their meat over the inevitability of our boyz winning 112 games in '23. After seven straight years of losing baseball, we're sensibile enough to know there will be no sudden magic turnaround. But there's also no harm in being excited for our future or anticipating that better days lay ahead.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, relax, it's just an article. I suspect the guy who wrote this is trying to replicate that incredible prediction from back in Oct 2014, when Sports Illustrated's cover story was their prediction that the Astros would win the 2017 World Series, which was amazing. I can't say I know this is what the writer is attempting to accomplish, being I didn't read the actual story. Still, who cares, that's all it is, an opinion. I highly doubt there are any Sox fans who are stroking their meat over the inevitability of our boyz winning 112 games in '23. After seven straight years of losing baseball, we're sensibile enough to know there will be no sudden magic turnaround. But there's also no harm in being excited for our future or anticipating that better days lay ahead.

Oh come the f*ck on LSD...3 teams in the history of baseball have won 112 games. 98 Yanks...06 Cubs...01 Mariners. That's it. 4th best record in MLB History.

The 2020 Sox are going to be young and streaky....but with dumbass sh*t like this they're going to have huge pressure on them to win now. The lows are now going to be really really low while the highs are really high. Our fans are no different than the rest. You can't put an article saying we're going to rock the fourth best record in MLB history in a couple years and then expect fans, and especially mediots, to say "Well, that same set of players is going to go .500ish this year and I'm cool with that."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how else to say it to you Jid, but I don't know of any Sox fan who thinks we're destined for a 112 win season down the road. And I highly doubt the Sox players themselves are buying into this media hype - no more so than they buy into the negatives as well. Which is why I'm so surprised you're getting all worked up over some silly prediction. I'm actually with you in that we are probably in for a bumpy ride this year and there probably will be streaks, both positive and negative. But for cryin' out loud, why can't you just enjoy what's taken place over the offseason, or acknowledge that we do have a legit solid core developing. If things go bad, there will be plenty of time for baggin on what might have gone wrong, plenty of time for the "I told you so". But for now, kick back, slug down a brewski or three, and try showing a little positivity.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how else to say it to you Jid, but I don't know of any Sox fan who thinks we're destined for a 112 win season down the road. And I highly doubt the Sox players themselves are buying into this media hype - no more so than they buy into the negatives as well. Which is why I'm so surprised you're getting all worked up over some silly prediction. I'm actually with you in that we are probably in for a bumpy ride this year and there probably will be streaks, both positive and negative. But for cryin' out loud, why can't you just enjoy what's taken place over the offseason, or acknowledge that we do have a legit solid core developing. If things go bad, there will be plenty of time for baggin on what might have gone wrong, plenty of time for the "I told you so". But for now, kick back, slug down a brewski or three, and try showing a little positivity.

Can't help myself...I see monumental stupidity provided as a talking point and I go with it.

We're the f*cking 98 Yankees when Madrigal/Robert/Vaughn/Kopech haven't even played yet. (Last one did a little I know...but still.) That's just dumb.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they were likening to the last roarin' 20's when you guys had some talent, some promising teams and the streets of Chicago ran rampant with crime, corruption, and illicit booze?

Btw, I have never seen a collection of reprobates on one thread in my life