• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The rest of the division thread

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it makes sense to have a place to discuss what's going on with the other 3 teams in our division, especially in the off season. As of 3/20, some quick thoughts:

Packers. They haven't done much, and have only really lost players. They replace Bulaga with Rick Wagner, which is a downgrade. Lost Blake Martinez, their leading tackler, and replaced with Christian Kirksey. Lost Jimmy Graham, the greatest tight end of all time based on who he plays for now. Hehe. Anyway, not a lot happening there. I suppose they don't have to do much after winning 13-3 but i still think that record was a bit fluky: they had A LOT of balls bounce their way.

Vikings. More going on there. Extended Cousins which seems to make sense even though he's not great. They got a hell of a nice haul for Stephon Diggs. Even though they lose a big weapon they could easily grab another in this WR loaded draft. They replaced DT Linval Joseph with Michael Pierce who's known as a big run stuffer. They cut Xavier Rhodes and lost Trae Waynes in free agency. The Vikes have some serious draft picks to spend though.

Lions. They traded their best defensive player (Slay) and replaced him with Desmond Trufant, who's an older dude. They lost A'Shon Robinson and Devon Kennard, solid if unspectacular players. They lost RT Rick Wagner and C Graham Glasgow but signed Vaitai. They've brought in a bunch of ex-Pats, along with a couple ex-Bears in Nick Williams and Chase Daniel. They seem to not know what the hell they want to do and Patricia seems to rub their guys the wrong way. Poor Lions.

If i was placing bets, i'd put my money on the Vikings being the stiffest competition next season. Not unlike how we came out of nowhere to go 12-4 in 2018 before coming back to earth, i wouldn't be surprised to see something similar from the Packers. The Vikings seem more stable and solid and have a lot of assets to use in the draft to plug some holes. Either way, i'm hoping Foles does well or Trubisky figures it out so there's a nice 3-horse race for the division crown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Minny and GB are taking steps back. Especially with Rodgers ongoing decline and the loss of Martinez. Minny lost a huge chunk of their defensive backfield and their #1 WR. The D was already starting to cave a bit last season and they lacked WR depth.

Detroit might be under the radar as they weren't bad last year before Stafford's injury. But eh... I would have to see it really happen to believe their good. They lost a good deal this off-season as well. Glasgow, Slay, etc.

I wouldn't pick any of the three of GB/MIN/CHI to finish with over 10 wins, really. One probably will but I wouldn't bet money on any of us.

I think Minny keeps being their above average but not great selves. GB is the same underwhelming team they were last year (except they won't catch every break in the book to an NFC Title game appearance) and I think we'll be a little bit improved.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference, here's what picks each team has fr the 2020 draft.

Green Bay: 1 1st through 5th. 3 6th rounders and 2 7th rounders. 10 picks total.
Minnesota: 2 1sts, 2nd, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 1 5th, 2 6ths, 3 7ths. 12 picks total.
Detroit: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 2 5ths, 1 6th and 7th. 9 picks total.
Chicago: 2 2nds, 1 5th, 2 6ths, 1 7th. 6 picks total.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings announced they will not retain Everson Griffin today. That team has lost quite a bit.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers will always be the favorites until Rodgers is gone or just severely declined due to age...Can't come soon enough.

Lions meh.

Vikings are shizophrenic...so who the f*ck knows?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings announced they will not retain Everson Griffin today. That team has lost quite a bit.

1hn1ah.gif

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sucks to lose Griffin but he's showing signs of slowing down. Rhodes was not a loss, addition by subtraction. Waynes wasn't really any good at all. I honestly think they can draft players who could do just as well if not better, especially for Rhodes. Losing Joseph sucks but he's not really close to the player he was a few years back, it's the Vikings they will tease us just to break our hearts like they have

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks to lose Griffin but he's showing signs of slowing down. Rhodes was not a loss, addition by subtraction. Waynes wasn't really any good at all. I honestly think they can draft players who could do just as well if not better, especially for Rhodes. Losing Joseph sucks but he's not really close to the player he was a few years back, it's the Vikings they will tease us just to break our hearts like they have

giphy.gif

Yeah, I know Rhodes really, really took a step back. I had been wondering if he was a rebound candidate, though. Clearly the talent is there.

There were some analytic guys on social media who made a big deal out of you guys losing Joseph. When it's non Bears players (defensive players) sometimes that's all I have to go off of.

What's your thoughts on the Diggs deal? I think two things... A) You guys made out fantastically in terms of draft capital. B) Short-term, though... 2020 might not see those dividends.

I think you guys will be fine, overall. It seems like you have a good coach, good line, decent QB play and a real good RB. However, a lot of that defensive core from the middle of the decade is starting to leave/fall off. I guess I just expect more of the same 9-7/10-6 finishes for now. That's just me.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know Rhodes really, really took a step back. I had been wondering if he was a rebound candidate, though. Clearly the talent is there.

There were some analytic guys on social media who made a big deal out of you guys losing Joseph. When it's non Bears players (defensive players) sometimes that's all I have to go off of.

What's your thoughts on the Diggs deal? I think two things... A) You guys made out fantastically in terms of draft capital. B) Short-term, though... 2020 might not see those dividends.

I think you guys will be fine, overall. It seems like you have a good coach, good line, decent QB play and a real good RB. However, a lot of that defensive core from the middle of the decade is starting to leave/fall off. I guess I just expect more of the same 9-7/10-6 finishes for now. That's just me.

Rhodes got payed and forgot how to play, who knows what happened.

Joseph was one of the better players in the league in 2017 but he's quickly declining but I like him and hope he does well with the Chargers.

I love the deal but i'm not the right person to ask as I have never really been a fan of Diggs, they picked the right year to move him as this draft seems loaded at receiver. Good luck with Josh Allen buddy!

If the Vikes really wanna have a shot they have to improve the offensive line, you can't have so much money invested in your offensive play makers and pay no attention to the line. When Cousins is unable to step into his throws bad things happen.

Would not surprise me to see big changes after the 2020 season if we take a step back including Zimmer being let go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhodes got payed and forgot how to play, who knows what happened.

Joseph was one of the better players in the league in 2017 but he's quickly declining but I like him and hope he does well with the Chargers.

I love the deal but i'm not the right person to ask as I have never really been a fan of Diggs, they picked the right year to move him as this draft seems loaded at receiver. Good luck with Josh Allen buddy!

If the Vikes really wanna have a shot they have to improve the offensive line, you can't have so much money invested in your offensive play makers and pay no attention to the line. When Cousins is unable to step into his throws bad things happen.

Would not surprise me to see big changes after the 2020 season if we take a step back including Zimmer being let go.

It's funny, because that was the first thing I thought about Diggs going to Buffalo.

He was bitching about being in Minnesota. Now, you're going to a team where their QB can't hit a barn door beyond 10-15 yards. I'm betting there's trouble there by November/December of next season.