• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Refs

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls on the Lions D on the final Cowboys drive were all proper calls.

I thought the PI should have stood, but it was close enough that if it was never called in the first place, no one would have argued. The only thing the defender did wrong was not turn around. But he did not make much contact with the receiver at all or drive himself through the receiver. He stood his ground which by the rules he has a right to that space.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN feed.

From the NFL and the television networks standpoint, how much would they prefer that Dallas advances over Detroit? Inifinitely so I'd say. Maybe there was some coaching for the refs beforehand? I'm a Cowboys fan but I was still shocked that they picked up the flag. Has that even happened before? Very suspect

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the seahawks fan complaining since 05

LOL. Because you've known me for 9 years.

The refs in the Super Bowl were pretty terrible. But still the Seahawks could have still won the game and they didn't.

I can identify when the refs were bad without using it as an excuse. Jerramy Stevens was a bigger reason why lost the Super Bowl than the refs.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is awesome

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the PI should have stood, but it was close enough that if it was never called in the first place, no one would have argued. The only thing the defender did wrong was not turn around. But he did not make much contact with the receiver at all or drive himself through the receiver. He stood his ground which by the rules he has a right to that space.

face guarding is illegal in the nfl. it was the oddest sequence I can remember in a game by a referee.

call pi
it was pi
dez Bryant runs onto the field with out his helmet on screaming at the official (uncalled penalty)
ref announces it as pi
ref says no penalty on the play
4th down

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that the calls on Detroit were legit. Some were questionable, but understandable. The blown holding calls on Dallas were the biggest problem on that drive though.

Don't agree on the second point. That is textbook PI. The defender didn't turn his head, that gets called every time. He didn't drive himself through the receiver, but by the rule book he didn't have to. If you're not looking and the receiver comes back to the ball you always get called. You're probably right that it would not have been as big of a deal if the flag was never thrown, but it still would have been the incorrect call.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
face guarding is illegal in the nfl. it was the oddest sequence I can remember in a game by a referee.

call pi
it was pi
dez Bryant runs onto the field with out his helmet on screaming at the official (uncalled penalty)
ref announces it as pi
4th down

pumpkinhead is mot very bright so it is really not worth debating it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Because you've known me for 9 years.

The refs in the Super Bowl were pretty terrible. But still the Seahawks could have still won the game and they didn't.

I can identify when the refs were bad without using it as an excuse. Jerramy Stevens was a bigger reason why lost the Super Bowl than the refs.

Don't forget Etric Pruitt. Guy probably should not have been anywhere near the starting lineup and ended up giving up several big plays.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

call pi
it was pi
ref announces it as pi
4th down

Faceguarding really doesn't get called though. Helping the runner is also technically a penalty but never gets called. Usually they only call face guarding if there is PI contact.

The weird thing about the play is it looked bad from one angle but like there was no contact at all from another angle.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the calls on Detroit were legit. Some were questionable, but understandable. The blown holding calls on Dallas were the biggest problem on that drive though.

Don't agree on the second point. That is textbook PI. The defender didn't turn his head, that gets called every time. He didn't drive himself through the receiver, but by the rule book he didn't have to. If you're not looking and the receiver comes back to the ball you always get called. You're probably right that it would not have been as big of a deal if the flag was never thrown, but it still would have been the incorrect call.

Let's not forget that if Suh doesn't play, the Cowboys probably win by more than one score.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen anything like that in all of my time watching football. I've seen flags picked up, but I've never seen a blatant call reversed WITHOUT explanation. This is one of the few times where I think that ref or refs had alterior motives to help Dallas

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look truthfully the receiver was pushing off before the defender committed a PI. Looked bad having the ref pick up the flag, but that how it goes. The Lions still could of won the game but, came up short on a must have drive. Let's move on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez, we got this....by the way you are wearing a helmet right? Must have dropped one of my contacts because for a second it seemed you had run on the field from the sidelines to begin arguing with me about a penalty by your defense...

dezappears.0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the missed unsportsmanlike penalty on Dez puts the Lions on the 15 yd. line as well

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez, we got this....by the way you are wearing a helmet right? Must have dropped one of my contacts because for a second it seemed you had run on the field from the sidelines to begin arguing with me about a penalty by your defense...

dezappears.0.gif

Hey Ref! Don't you remember we let you on the bus!!!! - Dez :becky:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange set of events...but completely normal occurrences when the Fins play in NE...haha!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to look at the massive non-called O-line holds that extended the final Dallas scoring drive (including on the TD) on THREE occasions...

NO one seems to want to see that... It was SOOO blatantly obvious... Dallas was gonna score on that last drive... Those officials would take nothing less...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dezappears.0.gif

LOL don't flag that though... Pick up the original flag! LOL Cowboy's fans common... Just admit you had one handed to you... I hope the refs play it fair from here on out...