• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The recent NFC winners

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky and Overachieved.

Kiss the ring, biatch!

1200x675-sbrings-r1*750xx1200-675-0-0.jpg

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair enough. Of the two teams, the Falcons are the easier one to pick apart for the reasons you mentioned. Dak hitting a wall unfortunately is something you see in sports. Not going to Mahomes any names but when you're a 1 seed with a new QB then it isnt too shocking to see some issues.

The Falcons did win their two playoff games by 16 and 23 before reaching the Super Bowl. Good football team.

Very fair points. The Cowboys were a phenomenal team in the regular season, but when the heart and soul of your offense is two rookies, you're going to see an experienced vet like Rodgers be able to win those sorts of games. Atlanta was obviously a really, really good team that year.
This is why people shouldnt make decision based on Stats alone.
Dak didnt hit a wall in the playoffs.
Dak didnt have a bad game against the packers. Dak had over 300 yds 3TDs & 1 INT. Hell he brought the Cowboys back from being down 15 in the 4th qtr. The other Rookie had 125 yds rushing.
Unless you want to blame him for leaving 35 sec. on the clock for Rodgers to do what he does. I would blame the Defense. The packers did score 34 pts.
In fact the defense looked better than they were. The Defense stats were better becuase the Cowboys offense were on the field more than the other offense. Keeping the other offense on the sidelines tends to make a defense look better.

Once the playoffs got here I was predicting the Falcons to go to the superbowl. Seemed to be an easy pick actually.
Falcons defense had a ton of young new starters at start of season & it showed. But by the time the season ended they were peaking & getting hot. The Falcons were probably the most complete team going into the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC has won 5 of the last 7 Super Bowls, with 3 different winners. You are wrong.
3 of those were the Patriots. The NFC won three consecutive Super Bowls, all different teams, right before that. A truly superior conference with depth and intrigue.

The Patriots have had it easy. The Browns exist and really drag down the AFC, but they're not alone. The AFC has been a disgrace for years.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad that the Eagles finally added something to the NFC EAST's SB haul. Historically, the best division in football when it comes to not only making the SB, but winning the SB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of those were the Patriots. The NFC won three consecutive Super Bowls, all different teams, right before that. A truly superior conference with depth and intrigue.

The Patriots have had it easy. The Browns exist and really drag down the AFC, but they're not alone. The AFC has been a disgrace for years.
AFC has won 5 of the last 7 Super Bowls, with 3 different winners. You are wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad that the Eagles finally added something to the NFC EAST's SB haul. Historically, the best division in football when it comes to not only making the SB, but winning the SB.
Can't argue with that. The NFCE is historically the best division in football.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does 20th century count? It's 2019.

If you want to count ancient history it is actually 5-4 since the Eagles previously won NFL championships in 1948, 1949, and 1960.

Yes, that was a long time ago. But so was the last Dallas championship in 1996.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why people shouldnt make decision based on Stats alone.
Dak didnt hit a wall in the playoffs.
Dak didnt have a bad game against the packers. Dak had over 300 yds 3TDs & 1 INT. Hell he brought the Cowboys back from being down 15 in the 4th qtr. The other Rookie had 125 yds rushing.
Unless you want to blame him for leaving 35 sec. on the clock for Rodgers to do what he does. I would blame the Defense. The packers did score 34 pts.
In fact the defense looked better than they were. The Defense stats were better becuase the Cowboys offense were on the field more than the other offense. Keeping the other offense on the sidelines tends to make a defense look better.

Once the playoffs got here I was predicting the Falcons to go to the superbowl. Seemed to be an easy pick actually.
Falcons defense had a ton of young new starters at start of season & it showed. But by the time the season ended they were peaking & getting hot. The Falcons were probably the most complete team going into the playoffs.
Thats a good point. I was mostly talking about perception of rookie QBs and the perception of the Cowboys and Falcons entering the playoffs. I actually did think the Cowboys were the best team in football down the stretch but a lot of people were leery on picking them. Mahomes, like Dak, had 300 yds and 3TDs in his loss but if you look down the list of QBs trying to win it all in their first playoff run...not many Super Bowls. Generally speaking when you're the new kid on the block, you shouldn't ever be the favorite.

If you look at Super Bowl runs on the first try, we have...

Mahomes? Nope
Dak? Nope
Goff? Nope
Luck? Nope
Wilson? Nope
Rodgers? Nope
Big Ben? Nope
Brees? Nope
Ryan? Nope
Rivers? Nope
Newton? Nope
Flacco? Nope
Foles? Nope
Eli? Nope
Bortles? Nope
Dalton? Nope
Watson? Nope
L Jackson? Nope
Trubisky? Nope
Stafford? Nope
Keenum? Nope

I think its just Brady in the 'first playoffs wins a Super Bowl' among active QBs and we have the Tuck Rule in play there along with Brady and Belichick being the best coach/QB combo in league history.