• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The RB situation

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Bears view Howard, Davis and RBs in 2019

I've said this earlier and it bears repeating. For the most part Ryan Pace & co have done a pretty good job at managing the offseason, especially when we consider that the Bears don't have a draft pick until the 3rd round, and the cap space was miniscule. But I just don't like the way they've gone about the situation involving Howard. There had to be a better way of handling the matter as to whether or not he will be traded. Must be a pisser to see your name bandied about with all those 'will they or won't trade me' stories floating out there. Give the guy a break, either trade him or announce he will be a Bear this year, end of story. But get the issue behind us already.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this week Nagy did an hour interview where he still left that topic open. He gave the "we'll always listen to offers for any and all of our players if we think it may help us" routine. Which has become Pace/Nagy's catchphrase on the topic of trades when they really mean "Yeah, we might have something in the works"

I suppose that I sort of trust them both. However, I do feel for Howard. He's done a little bit too much for the organization to just be strung along like this. He was here through the dog days and not to mention... one of the only guys playing at a high level throughout them.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry me a river. You're paid millions of dollars to play football and your feelings are hurt. Wahhh.

"Playing at a high level" is questionable. To me, he was just running through giant holes any RB in the league could have done just as well. But the idiots will never understand. Howard was simply never that good.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me feels these articles are painting this idea of trading Howard as some cold-hearted, get-rid-of-him-at-all-cost type of desperation move.

Consider: Nagy makes a phone call to former KC player Hunt after his dismissal; and if Pace is mending player bridges that were burned during regimes prior to his (i.e. Urlacher); I'd like to believe both of these men are trying to reach an amicable resolution that has everyone's best interests - Nagy, Pace, the Bears, and Howard as a person.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis/Cohen for the time being now. Howard traded to the Eagles for a 6th that could turn into a 5th.