• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rain Delay Rescheduled Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever there's a major, and a rain delay will mean that the next day's start time will be earlier then scheduled, can people post such changes in this thread?

I have the FO airings scheduled on my DVR.

But when there's changes such as earlier then scheduled start times, then I have to manually set those.

Sometimes I'm a few days behind during majors. But I can check this thread, and be alerted of changes, without getting spoiled of the results.

Here's an example of what I would appreciate:

* Wednesday, June 07, 2017: Start time changed from 5AM PST to 2 AM PST on Tennis Channel for the QFs to accommodate the rain postponements from June 06.

This will alert me of the time change, as well as the round, without spoiling who won in a previous round.

Here's another example, from the past:

* Saturday, June 06, 2015: Start time changed from 6AM PST to 4AM PST to finish the Men's SFs from the previous day.

You can give the local time if you want (Paris time in this case).

Thank you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone remember if the Men's SFs from 2015 finished on Tennis Channel, or NBC? NBC does the Saturday for the Women's Final. I don't know if they would have been able to start earlier then scheduled.

Perhaps Tennis Channel aired the conclusion of the Men's SFs on Saturday?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe NBC showed the Women's Final, then the tape delayed conclusion of the Men's Final to fill in the rest of their time.

@cezero , as he's usually good with remembering what channel things were on. ;)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O0BKkAr.jpg

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe NBC showed the Women's Final, then the tape delayed conclusion of the Men's Final to fill in the rest of their time.

@cezero , as he's usually good with remembering what channel things were on. ;)
i'm not sure

i think nbc does a certain number of hours, and then if it goes over, coverage gets transferred to either NBC or TTC.

nbc doesn't want to let tennis coverage bleed over into their regularly scheduled (lame) programming, you see.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, wait. it looks like they're going to be doing a bunch of tape delay bs.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually wait for the Tennis Channel rebroadcast. They'll show the SFs in one block, even if they're delayed.

So after NBC finishes their tape delay BS (which will also be condensed), Tennis Channel then broadcasts the SFs back to back, in one block.

The other lame thing about NBC is that they'll usually only air one SF during their coverage, and it will be the second SF. But during the second SF, they'll say who won the first SF. No one would have been able to see the first SF until after NBC's block is over (where they can later watch it on Tennis Channel). So it ruins it even more to watch NBC's coverage.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure

i think nbc does a certain number of hours, and then if it goes over, coverage gets transferred to either NBC or TTC.

nbc doesn't want to let tennis coverage bleed over into their regularly scheduled (lame) programming, you see.

Thanks.

I only mentioned the 2015 Men's SFs, since the 5th set of Murray-Djokovic had to be resumed on Saturday.

And it was scheduled before the Women's Finals.

So I was wondering if you remember if NBC started their programming early to show the Men's SFs live, or if they started at their normal time, showed the Womens Finals, then showed the 5th set tape delayed. As NBC usually has a 5 hour block of time, but the Womens' Finals don't last that long, so they then fill it with encore showings of other matches. But in this case, they might have shown the tape delayed 5th set of the Men's SF from that morning.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic vs Adrian Mannarino 4th round Wimbledon match was rescheduled to today, due to yesterday's rain.

It started at 3AM PST.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did this for @Old Lion. He would have gotten upset if there was a day with only Womens Tennis on.

They rescheduled it so there would be a Men's match, just for him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to keep this thread active.

Due to rain delays, the Men's QFs for the 2018 FO were resumed this morning at 3AM PST.

If it weren't for the rain delays the previous day, then normal play would have started at 5AM PST.