• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The R&A Told Daly...no cart, thoughts?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Daly denied the use of a cart at this year’s Open Championship; Daly releases statement

By now, we all know that the PGA of America allowed past champion John Daly to ride a cart, but the USGA and now the R&A have said no.

Fred Funk asked this question on the Morning Drive on Golf Channel and he was pretty clear in his thoughts. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said that he played a full season on a bad knee that was ultimately replaced and it's the only reason he's still playing now. Tom Watson nearly won the British a year after getting his hip replaced.

Casey Hampton has a birth defect that surgery could not fix, he understand the cart there. Daly's situation is not unlike mine, or Tom Watson's...go get your knee or whatever the problem is fixed and drop the cart idea.

I thought this was spot on.

Daly is going to try and walk the Open, but I agree with Funk here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Daly denied the use of a cart at this year’s Open Championship; Daly releases statement

By now, we all know that the PGA of America allowed past champion John Daly to ride a cart, but the USGA and now the R&A have said no.

Fred Funk asked this question on the Morning Drive on Golf Channel and he was pretty clear in his thoughts. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said that he played a full season on a bad knee that was ultimately replaced and it's the only reason he's still playing now. Tom Watson nearly won the British a year after getting his hip replaced.

Casey Hampton has a birth defect that surgery could not fix, he understand the cart there. Daly's situation is not unlike mine, or Tom Watson's...go get your knee or whatever the problem is fixed and drop the cart idea.

I thought this was spot on.

Daly is going to try and walk the Open, but I agree with Funk here.

Update...Daly has bailed out on the Open...citing a spider bite?

John Daly withdraws from The Open after suffering spider bite

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Daly the fat lazy pig.

...did I leave anything out?

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking is part of the game. I’m glad the R&A made this decision. I don’t even think Casey Martin should have been allowed to use a cart. Our wonderful courts claimed authority and think they know the game better than golf’s governing bodies.

They don’t bow down to black robed masters across the pond.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking is part of the game. I’m glad the R&A made this decision. I don’t even think Casey Martin should have been allowed to use a cart. Our wonderful courts claimed authority and think they know the game better than golf’s governing bodies.

They don’t bow down to black robed masters across the pond.

Mostly agree...Martin was a true ADA case, (so it would've end up in a real court of law) and I think they knew that was a lawsuit they would lose.