• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The problem is a bad coaching staff across the board

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues with this team completely fall on a very bad coaching staff. There is too much talent on this team in order for us to be this bad. Offensively and Defensively. Yesterday’s performance only cemented how bad this coaching staff really is. On offense we managed only 256 yards of total offense while the Cowboys amassed 576 yards. We ran 48 offensive plays to the Cowboys 48. They had the ball for 45 minutes and we had the ball for 22 minutes.

I will break my theories down to two parts…. Offense and Defense

Offense:

Doug Pederson: He is an offensive head coach but I am not going to put all the game planning blame on him. There was a good article that discussed how the game plan created collectively as a group. I think Doug is one of the few head coaches that gives a lot of responsibility to his offensive coordinators and other staff and I believe the entire game plan falls on them. I will get to that in a bit. Where Doug is getting the blame is the play calling. His play calling this season has been some of the worst I have ever seen from a coach. Yesterday is a prime example of it. We were in this game the entire way even though we gave up a lot of yards but once again we abandoned the running game. For the entire game we ran the ball 11 times. The stat sheet will show 14 but 4 of them were Wentz and only 1 was designed that I can recall. It is inexcusable to run the ball that little when you have a defense that is a bad as ours is.

Mike Groh: Probably one of the worst if not the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL. It is clear he does not know how to break down tape and come up with creative plays to help deal with any deficiencies. You have a QB that is coming off a major knee injury and your game plan is pass heavy. Not only that but the pass plays are long developing. The Eagles do not have deep threat and there isn’t a single team in the NFL that worries about that. Every team we play has 10 men within 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. There is 8 in the box within 5-7 yards and 2 deep safeties (no more than 15) behind them with no fear of a deep threat. Most of our pass plays are play action which is stupid because we rarely run the ball and no one bites. Teams are tee off with pass rush and we do nothing to counter it. Where are the screen passes? Any idiot will tell you that you can make teams slow up the pass rush by burning them with a few screen passes and I am not talking about that stupid fucking WR screen either.

I think Doug gets one year to fix this. I am willing to bet that Howie forces him to make staff changes. If he does not and we do not compete next year Doug gets the boot.

Next up…… The Defense

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No secret that we need to run the ball more, and I keep going back to my theory that Doug simply does not have full confidence in the guys he has. Last year he had guys on the staff and in the locker room to challenge him to run more and keep the offense balanced, I don't believe that exists this year. Groh is a complete moron who lost any respect and credibility with his baffling reasoning for why he can't work a guy like Golden Tate into the offense.

I do agree with you PG that Doug allows more collaboration with his offense than most coaches, but he needs to make some changes this off-season for his own sake, and get someone to help him who has actually run an offense in the past and can bring some more creativity that has been obviously lacking in spades this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. If so my bad, I don't follow the Eagles that closely. But could some of the offensive woes be because Frank Reich's no longer the OC?:noidea:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can't score more than 30 points, you're not going to win many NFL games.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team can't get out of it's own way Offensively in the first half of ballgames. Wentz and the rest of the Offense seem to always get it going in the 2nd halves, but by then we are always in the hole. Play calling to start ball games is not working.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bad coaching at every level.....it's just clear the changes made over last offseason did not help at all.

I still think Groh is gone instantly....but Schwartz might skate by. I don't think he deserves it....I think he should be gone. But he might get a pass if he doesn't head elsewhere himself.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should ditch the scripted plays to start. They've scored 2 TDs in 13 opening drives. Seems like they start to figure it out as the game goes on.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you dumbasses see what happens when you don't complete passes in the first half? Running is irrelevant to this equation. If you can't pass, you can't score. The QB needs to get going and Doug, the fans, everyone should understand that.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you dumbasses see what happens when you don't complete passes in the first half? Running is irrelevant to this equation. If you can't pass, you can't score. The QB needs to get going and Doug, the fans, everyone should understand that.
I tend to agree with alot of what you say, but, Josh Adams was going good, why not feed him the ball?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm no.... Not even remotely close to being accurate. Look at all the top offenses in the NFL and you will see they run the ball often. They have balance. You cannot complete passes if the defense does not respect your running game. The Saints, Rams and Chiefs offensive schemes completely contradict your point on this. Hell even the Eagles offense will contradict your points. Have you not noticed this year how much better the offense is running when we are committed to the run?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with alot of what you say, but, Josh Adams was going good, why not feed him the ball?
Because run, run, incomplete pass, punt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no.... Not even remotely close to being accurate. Look at all the top offenses in the NFL and you will see they run the ball often. They have balance. You cannot complete passes if the defense does not respect your running game. The Saints, Rams and Chiefs offensive schemes completely contradict your point on this. Hell even the Eagles offense will contradict your points. Have you not noticed this year how much better the offense is running when we are committed to the run?
The chiefs passed it 53 times. They completed 35 passes. Gave them a lot of opportunities to run as well.

The Rams just ran it 12 times.

Drew Brees completed over 77% of his passes.

Some facts for you. Quit trying to argue from your imagination.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chiefs passed it 53 times. They completed 35 passes. Gave them a lot of opportunities to run as well.

The Rams just ran it 12 times.

Drew Brees completed over 77% of his passes.

Some facts for you. Quit trying to argue from your imagination.

Don't be such a fucking dumb ass.

The Rams ran it 12 times and got their asses handed to them by the Bears who happen to have an elite defense. They decided to take Gurley out of the game and force Goff to beat them and he did not.

The Chiefs also had 25 rush attempts. I removed the 2 Mahomes rushes.

I already debunked the Saints for you on another thread. They actual run a lot on first downs to set up the pass.

Using stats from one week alone shows how ignorant your argument is because you are not looking at the entire picture.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be such a fucking dumb ass.

The Rams ran it 12 times and got their asses handed to them by the Bears who happen to have an elite defense. They decided to take Gurley out of the game and force Goff to beat them and he did not.

The Chiefs also had 25 rush attempts. I removed the 2 Mahomes rushes.

I already debunked the Saints for you on another thread. They actual run a lot on first downs to set up the pass.

Using stats from one week alone shows how ignorant your argument is because you are not looking at the entire picture.
You complain plenty on a single game basis. If we threw the ball 53 times you would cry. What's your precious little ratio say about 55:25????? :pound:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You complain plenty on a single game basis. If we threw the ball 53 times you would cry. What's your precious little ratio say about 55:25????? :pound:

WTF are you talking about? Now you are full of shit.

I think the Eagles should run the ball more. That is a given. So does just about everyone here. When you look a the games it shows that when we are committed to the run the offense runs better. Those are just simple facts. You showed individual games of the teams I mentioned because if you did an overall analysis it will only show how wrong you are.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? Now you are full of shit.

I think the Eagles should run the ball more. That is a given. So does just about everyone here. When you look a the games it shows that when we are committed to the run the offense runs better. Those are just simple facts. You showed individual games of the teams I mentioned because if you did an overall analysis it will only show how wrong you are.
I was talking about this week and used all 3 datapoints from this week that you mentioned. Now you want to be all squirrelly about it.

Look at our first half. We didn't get the pass going, we foolishly ran instead. Get a clue about how this works. You've been wrong for decades now.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at our first half. We didn't get the pass going, we foolishly ran instead. Get a clue about how this works. You've been wrong for decades now.

This is just stupid. We had a total of 11 runs all game. In the first drive we had 4 rush attempts and was successful with them. We would total 7 rushes after that. I have no idea what game you were watching but it obviously was not the Eagles game.

Here is what is funny. You claim I have been wrong for decades sucking Andy Reid's dick and he has not done shit in Kansas City. Don't get me wrong I really like Andy and am rooting for the Chiefs to win the SB since the Eagles will not ever get close to it this year. So we go to last year and everything changed when Doug switched his offense from pass first to a balanced run/pass offense and we on the SB. Doug did what I have been clamoring for years and it got us a Lombardy and I am the one that is wrong? Pull your head out of your ass junior.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just stupid. We had a total of 11 runs all game. In the first drive we had 4 rush attempts and was successful with them. We would total 7 rushes after that. I have no idea what game you were watching but it obviously was not the Eagles game.

Here is what is funny. You claim I have been wrong for decades sucking Andy Reid's dick and he has not done shit in Kansas City. Don't get me wrong I really like Andy and am rooting for the Chiefs to win the SB since the Eagles will not ever get close to it this year. So we go to last year and everything changed when Doug switched his offense from pass first to a balanced run/pass offense and we on the SB. Doug did what I have been clamoring for years and it got us a Lombardy and I am the one that is wrong? Pull your head out of your ass junior.
As far as your second paragraph goes. I gave you all the data long ago on last season. We were the most passing first quarter, 1st down, team in the league. Andy has done a lot more than "not shit" in Kansas City. You are a clown for saying that. Really not worthy of response after that ignorant outburst.

All those successful 1st drive runs produced zero points. Pay attention. You are just repeating what I have already said, and then drawing the wrong conclusion. Successful passing is more important than successful running. You are unable to conceive of this fact. Stay wrong...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is he on his way back yet?