• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The plan ?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tanking pretty much and if they are going for Trevor Lawrence we are in for a really long rebuild gonna lose a lot of fans

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a good friend who is a Panthers fan and he said that Rivera is decent coach but awful at everything else within the organization and they were happy to see him go. Keep in mind, if he was a world renown coach/head of personel, he would not have been fired. I would be interested to see what other Panthers fans would say.

I think we need to give him a chance but I am not going to blindly follow him and support each and every decision he makes. I have been surprised to see some posters on here defend each and every move when some of them make no sense.

I truly hope we are not tanking. You do not tank period. We should not tank for Trevor Lawrence nor should we tank to "change the culture".

The old adage "winning cures everything" is important. I know RR wants to build a wining culture but you do that much faster with talent rather then yes men. I know the NBA is different but I highly doubt the Miami Heat were worried about "changng the culture" when they built their super team in 2010. You bring in talent and win...the rest takes care of itself. I know that is somewhat of a stretch but the concept is the same.

I would rather target the best talented players than build an army of yes men. Perhaps year 1 is turning around the locker room and then year 2 will be the re-build? I don't know and I hope that is not the case as you never throw away a year and you are always out to win the game.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Duke. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. I'm taking a wait and see approach. If there is even an NFL season this year and the Skins are getting blown off the field, I'll be as critical as the next guy.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Duke. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. I'm taking a wait and see approach. If there is even an NFL season this year and the Skins are getting blown off the field, I'll be as critical as the next guy.

He might be a transition coach? In other words, he might get us back to being mediocre and then we move on from there?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered Cooper 23 million and he said no thanks. I'm mean they did try.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling free agents are telling us no.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling free agents are telling us no.

You might be right. IF that is the case, the draft is crucial for the rebuild and we need to stock pile picks like crazy.
The Utah Jazz have the same problem as free agents do not come to Utah.

We need to dump TW, Dunbar and Kerrigan then and trade back out of #2. That should help get us a solid base to rebuild on.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about that. They only thing that would get me to trade down was if Miami offered all three of their picks. If they did that, I think you'd almost have to take that.

What I dont want is the Skins to fall into the trap of trying to fix everything in one year. We traded back for Kerrigan and missed on Watt. Gotta be careful, but like I said if Miami was offering all three of their picks, I think youd have to jump on that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about that. They only thing that would get me to trade down was if Miami offered all three of their picks. If they did that, I think you'd almost have to take that.

What I dont want is the Skins to fall into the trap of trying to fix everything in one year. We traded back for Kerrigan and missed on Watt. Gotta be careful, but like I said if Miami was offering all three of their picks, I think youd have to jump on that.

I still say no to Miami's three first round picks. That's how strongly I feel about Young being a star.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say no to Miami's three first round picks. That's how strongly I feel about Young being a star.

He very well might be a star but we heard the same about Mario Williams and Jadaveon Clowney.

Any thoughts on the FA addressing the offense in FA? I remember you said that you felt Haskins would get "weapons" and the cap guys would figure it out.

With FA basically being over, I wanted to see if you still feel that the FO would get Haskins the help he needs. I think we take Young at #2. Like I said, most of our cap is going to defense and the #2 pick is probably going to defense as well.

I think we are sealing Haskins fate and will be in the market for a QB next year. We were the 5th most sacked team in the NFL last year and have not addressed the OLine and have not added a starting TE or WR as you had thought we would.

We will hopefully have a better defense but defense was never the real problem last year. The defense will be fun to watch but its coming at the cost of the offense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to go back and review the team defense before making claims that the "defense was never the real problem last year."

Yes the offense was not good but that is only part of the story.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to go back and review the team defense before making claims that the "defense was never the real problem last year."

Yes the offense was not good but that is only part of the story.

The offense was not good? Uh, that is an understatement. We literally had the worst offense in the league. I have proven that a hand full of times.

National Football League Stats - by Team Category | NFL.com

While the defense was in the bottom half, 6th worst defense, but the offense was clearly the problem. The lack of production kept the defense on the field and forced them to finish off games as the offense couldn't. I am not sure if you watch many games but the MIA and DET games were won by the defense as the offense could not sustain drives.

I get that you disagree with 100% of what I have to say and that the facts somehow bother you. I don't get why you keep responding to every thread I post on.

I will not be responding to any more of your posts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if any of you actually looked at the link ? we will have 124 mil next year in cap space

now yes we traded back and missed out on watt but you act like we got a stiff . RK is our 2nd all time sack leader , he will be number 1 and JJ watt wouldnt have changed what happened the past 10 years

now i have to question how anyone can say " hey i want to give him a chance " and yet have been on a constant bash - a - thon since he was hired and throughout free agency ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was not good? Uh, that is an understatement. We literally had the worst offense in the league. I have proven that a hand full of times.

While the defense was in the bottom half, 6th worst defense, but the offense was clearly the problem. The lack of production kept the defense on the field and forced them to finish off games as the offense couldn't. I am not sure if you watch many games but the MIA and DET games were won by the defense as the offense could not sustain drives.

I get that you disagree with 100% of what I have to say and that the facts somehow bother you. I don't get why you keep responding to every thread I post on.

I will not be responding to any more of your posts.

I haven't replied to one of your threads in awhile. I said what I wanted to and there is no need to repeat myself over and over.

I did not disagree with you about the offense.

I disputed your claim that "defense was never the real problem last year." That is false. Team pass defense was middle of the pack, team adjusted defense LAST, team rushing defense NEXT TO LAST, the WORST 3rd down coversion percentage against. These are called FACTS, not your talking points to prove your point which was dead wrong in this case.

So duke, I watched you say many times that the Redskin offense was the worst in the league. That was true. Good job. Utter fail when you said the defense was not the problem. If you do not want people to debate your points them maybe you shouldn't be on a forum. But please, maybe go back and review posts to see how many I have NOT replied to. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if any of you actually looked at the link ? we will have 124 mil next year in cap space

now yes we traded back and missed out on watt but you act like we got a stiff . RK is our 2nd all time sack leader , he will be number 1 and JJ watt wouldnt have changed what happened the past 10 years

now i have to question how anyone can say " hey i want to give him a chance " and yet have been on a constant bash - a - thon since he was hired and throughout free agency ?

I did read it dad and I don't think you are aiming this at me since I did not reply. I think it was a well thought out article but it was an opinion piece. Much like many of the posts here. Certainly plausible.

I don't know what RRs plan is but none of us here do. As you know some just think they know what should have been done. All that said we have no idea what the plan is. Maybe it is good, maybe it is not. I know I don't believe in going FA crazy. I challenged the FA proponents to come up with a list of 10 FAs that made a huge difference for the Redskins over Snyder's 20 years as owner. That is one half a FA per year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well might be a star but we heard the same about Mario Williams and Jadaveon Clowney.

Any thoughts on the FA addressing the offense in FA? I remember you said that you felt Haskins would get "weapons" and the cap guys would figure it out.

With FA basically being over, I wanted to see if you still feel that the FO would get Haskins the help he needs. I think we take Young at #2. Like I said, most of our cap is going to defense and the #2 pick is probably going to defense as well.

I think we are sealing Haskins fate and will be in the market for a QB next year. We were the 5th most sacked team in the NFL last year and have not addressed the OLine and have not added a starting TE or WR as you had thought we would.

We will hopefully have a better defense but defense was never the real problem last year. The defense will be fun to watch but its coming at the cost of the offense.

there are still cb's, ot and Wr in fa that could help. plus he draft pics we get for tw and dunbar. we are still building the roster. have patience.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are still cb's, ot and Wr in fa that could help. plus he draft pics we get for tw and dunbar. we are still building the roster. have patience.
we havent gotten anything for either one of those guys yet and might not before the draft . now i agree with you about needing patience and we are still building the roster