• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Open

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't playing conditions ideal for that venue?

Someone should kick that course's ass.
Yeah. I was surprised at how well Morikawa played the back nine. the top three all looked super tentative through the front nine.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, clutch playing by Morikawa. Great job. two Majors to his credit now. The lowest two Majors, but Majors just the same. Very well done

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two gag jobs on 17 and 18 on Saturday came back to haunt Spieth as he lost by two.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after that putt and after I posted, Spieth parred 15 and yes… it was a 2 stroke lead.
Liked his post-round speech. A well-adjusted young man. I also loved it when he referred to the tournament as the "British Open" during his speech. That was awesome.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the dude setting off the whoopee cushion when Morikawa was about to hit his drive on 18. The British tour official gets on the P.A. and says "Ladies and Gentlemen, please!" Azinger blamed it on Feherty. Too funny.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two gag jobs on 17 and 18 on Saturday came back to haunt Spieth as he lost by two.

Commentators even said it on Saturday as well..

I wished Louie had won but Colin is very deserving

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the dude setting off the whoopee cushion when Morikawa was about to hit his drive on 18. The British tour official gets on the P.A. and says "Ladies and Gentlemen, please!" Azinger blamed it on Feherty. Too funny.

It wasn't Feherty?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commentators even said it on Saturday as well..

I wished Louie had won but Colin is very deserving
I can’t bring myself to root for foreigners over Americans so my choice was Morikawa[my favorite player], Spieth and then Ooshuizen. I would have been ok with Louie winning though

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t bring myself to root for foreigners over Americans so my choice was Morikawa[my favorite player], Spieth and then Ooshuizen. I would have been ok with Louie winning though

I have found myself becoming more Lax on that way of thinking. I used to think exactly like that. But the more I watch and see foreigners play and respect the fans and the game I am ok with it more... Obviously I would have loved Spieth to win it and I am very glad Morikawa won it but I just wanted Louie to win so badly so he could get that monkey off his back

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it wasn’t. It was funny though

I have found myself becoming more Lax on that way of thinking. I used to think exactly like that. But the more I watch and see foreigners play and respect the fans and the game I am ok with it more... Obviously I would have loved Spieth to win it and I am very glad Morikawa won it but I just wanted Louie to win so badly so he could get that monkey off his back
My first two choices would have been Reid and Koepka but I would have been OK with Oosthuizen winning for example, but not Jon Rahm or Garcia

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first two choices would have been Reid and Koepka but I would have been OK with Oosthuizen winning for example, but not Jon Rahm or Garcia

Nope on Reid. If this were Ryder Cup, ok maybe but that's it... Rahm meh on the fence but glad he didn't. Garcia has turned things around a little bit but I never thought he'd have a chance to begin with

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope on Reid. If this were Ryder Cup, ok maybe but that's it... Rahm meh on the fence but glad he didn't. Garcia has turned things around a little bit but I never thought he'd have a chance to begin with
I always root for the same guys if they are playing; Reed, Koepka and Morikawa.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was sort of rooting for him for the same reason until yesterday. He seems like a nice guy, but the pressure to win another major clearly gets to him and it's depressing to watch that unfold.

Morikawa's attitude and game seems bulletproof, but I thought Speith was going to be the next dominant figure too.. and Rory before that. We'll see. The talent near the top has never been nearly as deep and strong as it is today.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root for the same guys if they are playing; Reed, Koepka and Morikawa.

I just can't really bring myself to root for Reed

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sort of rooting for him for the same reason until yesterday. He seems like a nice guy, but the pressure to win another major clearly gets to him and it's depressing to watch that unfold.

Morikawa's attitude and game seems bulletproof, but I thought Speith was going to be the next dominant figure too.. and Rory before that. We'll see. The talent near the top has never been nearly as deep and strong as it is today.

Very true. Rory, Spieth and now even Thomas seem to be fading away