• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ongoing argument

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captured pretty well in this article:

Unwilling to spend? Hahn addresses narrative surrounding Sox

One paragraph that I think succinctly sums up the frustration from fans who question whether or not the Sox will be willing to do what it takes to nab some key performers this offseason:

Hahn, of course, is not ignorant to the criticism. While he continues to insist that the unable-or-unwilling-to-spend narrative is a false one, he knows it will linger until his front office proves it wrong.

That to me says it all in a nutshell. You can talk all day about wanting to spend or just falling short of landing a targeted player due to being outspent, etc. But until the FO busts a few moves and starts bringing in some talent to blend in with our existing core group, all this offseason hype will be nothing more than talk. And where I come from talk + 25 cents equals two bits. As dedicated Sox fans, we should be patient and let the process play itself out. But we expect results, nothing less.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One paragraph that I think succinctly sums up the frustration from fans who question whether or not the Sox will be willing to do what it takes to nab some key performers this offseason:

Hahn, of course, is not ignorant to the criticism. While he continues to insist that the unable-or-unwilling-to-spend narrative is a false one, he knows it will linger until his front office proves it wrong.

That to me says it all in a nutshell. You can talk all day about wanting to spend or just falling short of landing a targeted player due to being outspent, etc. But until the FO busts a few moves and starts bringing in some talent to blend in with our existing core group, all this offseason hype will be nothing more than talk. And where I come from talk + 25 cents equals two bits. As dedicated Sox fans, we should be patient and let the process play itself out. But we expect results, nothing less.
Um, Grandal?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Grandal?
I posted that article and follow up opinion prior to us signing Grandal. It's not like I predicted that we wouldn't sign any top name FA, just that at that point in time, talk was cheap. Even Hahn said as much himself. And I stand by my last two sentences, which really said it all:

As dedicated Sox fans, we should be patient and let the process play itself out. But we expect results, nothing less.

Signing Grandal is a great start, but by no means an end all to our offseason plans. We need starting pitching and a RF, and maybe even a bullpen arm.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that article and follow up opinion prior to us signing Grandal. It's not like I predicted that we wouldn't sign any top name FA, just that at that point in time, talk was cheap. Even Hahn said as much himself. And I stand by my last sentence, which really said it all:

As dedicated Sox fans, we should be patient and let the process play itself out. But we expect results, nothing less.

Signing Grandal is a great start, but by no means an end all to our offseason plans. We need starting pitching and a RF, and maybe even a bullpen arm.
Need a starter first, then pen
The lineup is pretty good, nice to get a RF but not critical. Bring back Avisail?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a starter first, then pen
The lineup is pretty good, nice to get a RF but not critical. Bring back Avisail?
I'm open to a number of RF options, Avi being one of them. I agree that in one sense RF shouldn't be a top priority, but I think the Sox want to bring more pop into that position, as there's no one on our current roster manning the RF spot who has any real power.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's not my thread, but I think the Chicago White Sox are doing a lot of good things ... they were rebuilding an entire franchise and now that the tear down phase is complete, you will see them ready to shine. My early projections are a division title for the ChiSox this year. The Indians are starting their downswing (especially if they trade Lindor), I don't believe in the Twins (average team), The Tigers are two years from contention, and the Royals are just starting the rebuild.

Bottom Line: The Chicago White Sox are going to alright and the team of Chicago.

Side Note: I love that you dumped Sale and Garcia!!!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that article and follow up opinion prior to us signing Grandal. It's not like I predicted that we wouldn't sign any top name FA, just that at that point in time, talk was cheap. Even Hahn said as much himself. And I stand by my last two sentences, which really said it all:

imo catching was NOT one of our urgent needs and this is what's so frustrating. i'm holding my thoughts until the season begins (mostly) but i don't like that it starts this way with sooo much money being used in an area we clearly didn't need. unless this turns into being able to use mccann as a chip for a real need i feel this was not a brilliant move. all our weaknesses are still there and we have less money to to acquire them now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo catching was NOT one of our urgent needs and this is what's so frustrating. i'm holding my thoughts until the season begins (mostly) but i don't like that it starts this way with sooo much money being used in an area we clearly didn't need. unless this turns into being able to use mccann as a chip for a real need i feel this was not a brilliant move. all our weaknesses are still there and we have less money to to acquire them now.
I like McCann but he was back to his normal awful numbers after the all star break last yr. I don’t think the signing of grandal was brilliant but it’s a solid move. They need to get a couple starting pitchers to even think about competing this season. They don’t have 1 guy in the rotation right now that has proven to be a good consistent starting pitcher. I expect gio will but it’s hard to pencil that in with only 1 yr of success

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have tons of holes for sure...but the cake is still in the oven...Let's see what it looks like when it comes out and see if its presentable...

...then we have to taste it in April.

In idseer's defense, this team is a far cry from having earned anything but skepticism until the product on the field starts winning again. You lose for a decade and I don't want to hear the GM bitching about how unfair the media/fans have been...Just fix it jabronis.