• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one "silver lining" for the B1G and the Pac12...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...and I'm sure the NFL scouts...and the Outland trophy committee are blind as well.

Ok cupcake, I was replying to he had no holding calls. I don’t care if Oregon has a guy who won’t make a pro bowl or not.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok cupcake, I was replying to he had no holding calls. I don’t care if Oregon has a guy who won’t make a pro bowl or not.

I'm sure you don't care if Oregon has an OL who dominates defenses.

LOL

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Alvarez already said he's not giving an extra year for senior players in the spring. I'm sure he's already made a plan to move on from all of the 5th year sr's in the football program.

BTW not all 5 stars are ready to contribute right off the street. I know Sewell is a stud and all but you think every 5 star OT/OL is ready to come in and ball? For the schools that hurt for depth, I'm sure they will be thrown because that's all they have.

Texas has Bijan Robinson and Alfred Collins who were both 5 stars. They are doing well at fall camp right now, but neither of them are going to start heading into the season. Collins seems he will be a backup on the DL (3rd team) and Bijan is behind Ingram and Rojo.

Poster who said players needing to get into the gym to acclimate their bodies before stepping up to CFB level, is absolutely correct. Only positions that are ready to go are the skill ones. The DL,OL, LB need that time .

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forcing them to stay on campus and several other issues though is the question. Colleges are fighting tooth and nail that the students athletes aren’t professionals or “employees”.
They are not forcing them. There are kids that have opted out of the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I quote "Myocarditis, while rare, has shown up more in patients with coronavirus than other viral infections such as the common cold or the flu, according to limited studies done during the pandemic."

So, when it comes to the clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with covid, only double blind studies count. But, when shutting down college football, limited studies are sufficient. And people wonder why we are so skeptical of this nonsense.

Most people with myocarditis recover completely, either with or without treatment, and have no lasting symptoms or complications. For example, if it is caused by a viral infection, the myocarditis may get better as the person's immune system fights the infection and they recover from the virus. Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy. This means that so long as there is a plan in place to test athletes (and students?) who get covid, the risk is very, very low. The SEC and other conferences have known about this for a long time (decades), and have tested for it for years. If the NBA, who are in the same or worse demographic, and have more of a history of myocarditis deaths, has decided it's okay, CFB can say it's okay.

Here is a great article on it that shows both sides of the issue: David Chao, MD: Investigating Both Sides of Myocarditis Divide. If you read this, you will understand why each side is taking the approach they are.

I'd also add that from everything I've read and heard, the players are actually safer at school, in the football facilities than anywhere else.

Because these players are monitored and tested, if one did test positive they would be quarantined immediately, monitored and treated for any complications such as myocarditis and start immediate treatment when necessary.

At USC, they have done over 660 Covid tests on fall sports athletes. They had 8 positives and each athlete was immediately quarantined. I don't think any even had symptoms and there have been no lingering issues reported.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like CFB as much as the next guy. But I don't like CFB + COVID-19. Not a football game, but a games plus medical school.

Football is a fall sport. I have lost interest until August 2021.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not forcing them. There are kids that have opted out of the season.

I know and get that. But it is walking a fine line