• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better for Trotz if he waits around until a job he likes becomes available, right? Or does a team that was maybe teetering on firing their guy pull the trigger now to get in on him?

/Just bullshitting here but if I were TB I'd replace Jon Cooper with Trotz. Cooper's message seems to be getting stale in that room and if there's a reason to dismiss him in the next year there might not be a guy like Trotz available to step in.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better for Trotz if he waits around until a job he likes becomes available, right? Or does a team that was maybe teetering on firing their guy pull the trigger now to get in on him?

/Just bullshitting here but if I were TB I'd replace Jon Cooper with Trotz. Cooper's message seems to be getting stale in that room and if there's a reason to dismiss him in the next year there might not be a guy like Trotz available to step in.

Probably easier to list who isnt/shouldnt be interested. Vegas, Toronto, Nashville, Pittsburgh. No one else comes to mind right off.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Trotz will wait on the JT / NYI decision. That or he goes home to Predator Ridge and golfs every day until they close in the fall lol

And Ill double down and say the Caps name Todd Reirden their new head coach sometime soon

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably easier to list who isnt/shouldnt be interested. Vegas, Toronto, Nashville, Pittsburgh. No one else comes to mind right off.

why not? ... youve got an old school "star" head coach at odds with the "star" player ... Are the Leafs Dubas team now? :behindsofa:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto with Torts here. I'd take Barry in a New York Minute.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as they mentioned in the cesspool ... Paul Fenton is the new GM in Minni ... Trotz and Fenton worked together with the Preds ... and Boudreau is the closest thing to a lame yet fat duck

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as they mentioned in the cesspool ... Paul Fenton is the new GM in Minni ... Trotz and Fenton worked together with the Preds ... and Boudreau is the closest thing to a lame yet fat duck

source.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not? ... youve got an old school "star" head coach at odds with the "star" player ... Are the Leafs Dubas team now? :behindsofa:
It wouldn't shock me if Babcock were out of here by this time next year but nobody's moving an inch at this point no matter who hates who.

I thought Minny but that roster isn't going anywhere fast. Unless Fenton hits the red button this week Trotz will just be turning the soil on a dried-up field.

If they were to nuke it and promise Trotz a say (plus a Babcock-like contract) maybe then it would make sense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto with Torts here. I'd take Barry in a New York Minute.
It would probably be outside CBJ's price range but they did basically have Torts coaching for free for the last 3 years thanks to the Canucks so maybe they re-invest those savings.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz has been coaching non-stop since 1998 so I think he takes some time off. Doubt he goes to the Islanders to coach, whether Tavares comes back or not.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there a coaching vacancy in Seattle? Makes perfect sense.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0a4dmBC.gif

He is saying "Fat Ducky"

It would probably be outside CBJ's price range but they did basically have Torts coaching for free for the last 3 years thanks to the Canucks so maybe they re-invest those savings.

Torts still pretty much walks on water as far as the management is concerned so there's no way. I just look at his shelf life everywhere he's ever been and we are just past that time.

yah !!! what i said !!! :thumb: lol

You've gotten more predictions correct than MacLean!

/assuming you're correct

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Trotz will wait on the JT / NYI decision. That or he goes home to Predator Ridge and golfs every day until they close in the fall lol

And Ill double down and say the Caps name Todd Reirden their new head coach sometime soon

Agree it'll be Reirden..
I saw the ticker at work today Trotz resigns and I was like cool thinking he "re-signed" get home as see it and was thinking I'm such a dumbass