1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason is officially here. How do you feel about your team's season?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Chewbaccer, Jan 8, 2019.

1. pitman

pitman Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

A bad football game, sure beats the hell out of a good basketball game. I hate basketball, and it’s on tv every night

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JuiceTheGator

JuiceTheGator Purveyor of Justice

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,300

It's nice to be back in the hunt after several sad years. Still, I'm never happy with a season when we lose to fucking Georgia. Beating the dawgs and semenholes is 90% of the requirements for a good season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Olyduck

Olyduck Fast Hard Finish

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 16,850

about as expected. I though a 9 win regular season. Oregon finished with 8. and barely missed on 2.
    upset Washington
    won a bowl game.
    2 overall wins better than season before.

4. Boise4Life

Boise4Life Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

It was disappointing to be sure, but we had a lot of slow starts last season. We had the ball, first down with 5 minutes left in the first quarter down 0-7 in the bowl game. I wouldn't assume we would have lost that game. We had just held them to a three and out on their last series. Still a ton of time left in that game when it was cancelled. And to be sure we let several teams like Fresno and Utah State score with ease of their first drive and then as the game went on completely shut them down and beat them both.

5. Used 2 B Hu

Used 2 B Hu Giggity Bares

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 10,000

Meh.

6. amszete

amszete STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Not happy with this year.

Fuente has a lot to do next year. With the ACC Coastal as weak as it is there is no reason VT should not be winning its divison. Hoping for way better qb play with prized qb Patterson having a year in Fu's system. Also need to turn things around with better DL/CB play.

7. BigRedMoe

BigRedMoe Highly Polished Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,646

Defense needs a lot of work but things are trending up. Can't wait for 2020! :heh:

8. Pariah

Pariah Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

9. Gatorchip

Gatorchip Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 5,054

Couple close wins, losses to shit times, and wins over good teams. A mixed bag, but overall record turned out better than expected. I wasn't on board with Mullen, but I am now.

Also, it's good to see the final Coaches poll got things right order in the end between UF, tiggers, and the dwags.
    1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Ohio State
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Notre Dame
    6. Florida
    7. LSU
    8. Georgia
    9. Texas
    10. Wisconsin

And I'm quite fond of seeing Texas below Georgia just to piss off their fans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. pitman

pitman Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Would have been fun to see how it played out. We will never know. I’m anxious to see who the QB replacement goes to, hope it is a duel threat

11. ElTexan

ElTexan Board Chancellor Emeritus

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Still we’re iffy at QB.
    Still developed NO run game.
    Still let teams come back in the 4th.
    Still had lots of presnap penalties (coming off of the sideline!!)
    Still having a very talented secondary that, for some reason, gives up three or four giant plays per game.
    Still losing lots of close games

We just beat a couple more teams that we should have beat than last year when we let those couple of teams beat us. This is due to finally having a decent oline and some giant receivers to bail out our very inaccurate qb.

So. Looks to be the same exact team as the last several years, but with a couple more regular season wins due to slightly better oline and receiver corps. Who knows about next year.

12. GoldenSpur

GoldenSpur Low Plains Drifter

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,286

The good:
    (a) Good Jake. Bentley had some nice games this year, including 510 yards and 5 TD's against Clemtech :wave: Tua. Hit some really nice long balls to deebo, edwards and shi smith.
    (b) Michael "Scar" Scarnecchia had a great game against Mizzou in his only college start.
    (c) Mon Denson was surprisingly effective at RB.
    (d) Because of injuries, a lot of Freshmen got reps on D (too many). There was some promising play from R.J. Roderick and Jaycee Horn (who's gonna play in the League). Jayvon Kinlaw was best on team on that side.
    (e) Good recruiting year, #21 nationally, grabbed a 5-star DE (Pickems) and very promising QB (Hilsinki) from California.

The bad:
    (a) Bad Jake. Played terribly against UK again, 1st half of aTm and wretched in the bowl.
    (b) When Jake is healthy, no matter how bad he plays, Muschamp won't pull him. Everywhere I go on the internet, people are pissed about Scar not getting in the Akron and UVA game. No way Spurrier would have put up with that kind of play, and that stubbornness and inability to win big games showed flashes of why Muschamp was run out of Gainesville.
    (c) At rb, Dowdle can't stay healthy, and neither could Ty'son Williams and AJ turner.
    (d) The defense couldn't stop the run, couldn't cover, couldn't get off the field on 3rd-and-anything 2nd half of the season. This made some of the games almost unwatchable.
    (e) #9 in the SEC in recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 845

My offseason doesn’t begin until after Spring Camp. Lots of work to do and practices to attend. #RealUCFan

#UCFacts

• Like Like x 2
    • Rainbow Rainbow x 1
  14. Sheluvsbama

Sheluvsbama Take a journey to the bright midnight

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

That's the best way to describe it! :pound:

• Like Like x 1
  15. cwerph

cwerph Go Bucks!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,500

Basketball is something to pass the time until the Spring Game.

16. cwerph

cwerph Go Bucks!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,500

You should find out what the going rate is for Hurts. He would be great in TTB's offense.

17. drbuck10

drbuck10 Viva La Revolucion

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 686

Overall, its a weird mix of satisfied and disappointment, so I guess to categorize it:

The Good
    -Dwayne Haskins. I was hyped to watch him and was on the bandwagon since last season when I wanted Urban to pull Barrett for him. He shattered my lofty expectations and went on to have the greatest season a QB in the B1G ever had, hell one of the better seasons a QB in any league ever had(and that's not hyperbole as he's officially 6th all time for most TD passes in a season)
    -The record: 13-1(14-1 with a Rose Bowl win) is nothing to ever be disappointed in
    -The absolute ass-whopping put on TSUN

The Bad
    -Fucking Purdue.......the Meyer era at Ohio State was incredible but there will always be that stigma of Ohio State having a WTF game every season with him at HC
    -Missing the playoffs. Although this might be a blessing in disguise as I'm not sure the inconsistent play of Ohio State would have fared too well.
    -The defense. I don't remember seeing a more undisciplined defense at Ohio State in my 25+ years of watching Ohio State football. Our LB play was below fucking MAC standards(thankfully Billy Davis was given his walking papers).

Goes to show how spoiled Ohio State fans became with Meyer at the helm to where we can bitch and moan about a season going 14-1(including the bowl)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Boise4Life

Boise4Life Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

How about the #4 high school QB in the nation Hank Bachmeier? That’s who I want to see.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wazzu31

wazzu31 I am probably drunk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Very happy, one legitimate loss on the record. I know the Pac 12 is down but we gave the board the biggest meltdown of the year when we destroyed OD’s beloved Pond Dwellers.

20. septimusgreen

septimusgreen Posting under the influence.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I know the film sessions are a lot of work. Wish I had the time and resources to do more for LSU but I’m just too far away.