• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The officiating is turning the NFL into the WWE

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a horrible look when every year, the fans are wondering what rule changes there are going to be. No other sport does this.

The rules change every fucking year? :what:
I agree, and the league with all these changes are putting refs in a bad position. IMO you should be able to tackle a QB the same way you would a RB, TE or WR. There is an obvious difference between driving a guy to the ground with all your weight and simply allowing the momentum of the hit take the player to ground. But the way the league writes these rules put refs in damn near impossible positions.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't people understand it's not the officials?

Huh? I think several people made it clear the root cause of the issues is the fact that the league can't get its rule books straight, making dumb/difficult rules that make officiating a lot more intrusive and judgmental based than it should be. There's always going to be some of that, but it's been getting worse and worse for 15+ years and is getting out of hand now.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I think several people made it clear the root cause of the issues is the fact that the league can't get its rule books straight, making dumb/difficult rules that make officiating a lot more intrusive and judgmental based than it should be. There's always going to be some of that, but it's been getting worse and worse for 15+ years and is getting out of hand now.

There’s bad rules. But they screw up a lot.

Matt Ryan’s 15 yard pass is a fumble.

A wr tackled by the face mask with the defender holding up the whole helmet like a torch is missed.

A wr lowering his shoulder into a wr well before the ball gets there but getting credited with a pick instead of dpi.

The fail Mary.

They mess up a lot. Especially in key moments.